PDA

View Full Version : Since the Serena/Craybas match might not be finished today...

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I have two questions. Is this the only way that a player like Jill Craybas will/could get to the second week of Wimbledon? By a match that is delayed into Monday? If this match is delayed into Monday, what do you think are the chances of Serena retiring if she has to think about it for a day?
Discuss.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:37 PM
i think Serena will retire anyway.....

jenglisbe
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
It's weird as the doubles match on Court 1 was suspended at 4-4 in the 5th set, yet this match is continuing...

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM
At this point, the match could be over very soon. So, I suppose it depends on the outcome of the next few games.

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:43 PM
another question is seeming when this match resumes play on Monday, being just a few games from being finished or if Serena pulls her act together, a set from being finished. Then ,would the winner of the match have to play Venus on Monday too or would they be granted a day off?! I really want to see Vee play on Monday, no delays please. :mad:

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:45 PM
i think the play will be suspended before the end of the set..... :rolleyes:

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM
If Serena wins this set, play will almost certainly be moved to Monday. They'd probably just have them play the match first up on one of the outside courts and then have the winner play Venus later on in the day. The difference is huge though. If its Serena vs. Venus, then they have to put that on Centre. But if its Venus vs. Craybas, then they'll probably choose to put them on Court 1 or 2.

selking
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I think she will win this and get into the second week

cometz9
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
They can't resume the match tomorrow if it's suspended? I don't understand, what matches are there on Sun.?

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:52 PM
poor craybas she is playing at 200% of her potentiality....

Lady
It's weird as the doubles match on Court 1 was suspended at 4-4 in the 5th set, yet this match is continuing...

Because in the 5th set they can play on forever, yet the 2nd set can be finished in tie-break at worst!

tennislover
They can't resume the match tomorrow if it's suspended? I don't understand, what matches are there on Sun.?

no matches on sunday.

franny
There is none. Wimbledon does not put matches on Sunday except for heavy rain outs like last year that forced them to put matches on Sunday. But as Wimbledon is a traditional tournament, they will stick with the tradition of not putting matches on Sunday.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:53 PM

Wimbledon is pretty strict about playing on Middle Sunday. They only do it if there are drastic rain delays that gives Wimbledon no choice but to play on Sunday to catch up.

Lady

There are no matches on Sunday, it's a tradition for years.

cheesestix
I have two questions. Is this the only way that a player like Jill Craybas will/could get to the second week of Wimbledon? By a match that is delayed into Monday? Discuss.

No, it's not the only way.

The other way would be for Craybas to win the match against Serena today. Of course, we all know there's like zero chance of something like that ever......uh.....on second thought, maybe you need to check the score before making such a post. Craybas is up a set, and on serve in the 2nd set. :rolleyes:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Did Craybas choke?

^bibi^
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM

there are no matches on sthe mid sunday in wimbledon, it's always been like that so it's probaby never gonna change...

Whe should at least be happy that women are not still forbiden to wear skirts that short :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's weird but without all this, wimbleodn would probably lost part of its magic...

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Did Craybas choke?
it's likely she will

cometz9
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:57 PM
oic thanks everyone ;) , but why does NBC have coverage tomorrow at 12-3pm then? Is it just in case of a match being suspended and schedule to resume on Sun.?

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM
oic thanks, but why does NBC have coverage tomorrow at 12-3pm then? Is it just in case of a match being suspended and schedule to resume on Sun.?
No, they'll probably show some random match from today. There are never any matches on Sunday, barring huge rain outs. Ever.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:00 PM
they will suspended the play anyway after the tiebreak! :lol:

cometz9
:yeah: thanks

UDiTY
Serena shouldn't have even came to WImby if she's going to struggle this bad.

Hopefully she wins today so she doesn't have to work overtime Monday.

:p

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
They will be showing the best matches from week 1(a lot of Roddick and Federer because they love them). They also said that Federer will go in to talk to them.

Slumpsova
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
if it has to be 3rd set, they sure suspend the match and that's good for Rena :D

Davenselesport
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Well this actually may finish... Craybas up a set, and 3-2 in the tiebreak

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Serena shouldn't have even came to WImby if she's going to struggle this bad.

Hopefully she wins today so she doesn't have to work overtime Monday.

:p

serena can't win today!

Jeleno Benesovo
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I have two questions. Is this the only way that a player like Jill Craybas will/could get to the second week of Wimbledon? By a match that is delayed into Monday? If this match is delayed into Monday, what do you think are the chances of Serena retiring if she has to think about it for a day?
Discuss.well, Jill has just answered both questions: She just have kicked out Serena's big fat ass :haha:

The Fat Lady is Gone :banana: Now Venus finally will have some chance to reach at least semifinals. :o

^bibi^
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM
well, Jill has just answered both questions: She just have kicked out Serena's big fat ass :haha:

The Fat Lady is Gone :banana: Now Venus finally will have some chance to reach at least semifinals. :o

I think vee will make it to the semsi, this draw will remind her of istanbul's draw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: