PDA

View Full Version : A very expert Italian TV commentator said about Serena that

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:25 PM
1) she is overweight by at least 10 kg
2) if serena wins today vs Craybas, she will retire as she is half-injured and she will let Venus get the quarter finals

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
i'm seeing the match: there is something wrong in her shape......

martirogi
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:55 PM
if she's injured she'll prob play and then lose to make venus look better.

i could see her saying "venus just played so good" :rolleyes:

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:55 PM
2) if serena wins today vs Craybas, she will retire as she is half-injured and she will let Venus get the semifinals.....

don't you mean quarter-finals? :confused:
anyway, there is no way that Serena would pull out of her match against Vee, I'm sure Serena knows what the uproar would be like and it would simply be not fair on Venus. No doubt she would have to endure endless jeering and boos in her quarter-final match if that happened.Venus was seriously injured for that Wimbledon final in 2003 but she still played it, I'm sure Serena would repay the favour even if she is not fully fit. :)

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:58 PM
don't you mean quarter-finals? :confused:
anyway, there is no way that Serena would pull out of her match against Vee, I'm sure Serena knows what the uproar would be like and it would simply be not fair on Venus. No doubt she would have to endure endless jeering and boos in her quarter-final match if that happened.Venus was seriously injured for that Wimbledon final in 2003 but she still played it, I'm sure Serena would repay the favour even if she is not fully fit. :)

you are right....that's quarter finals
ty, mate

Freewoman33
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:59 PM
What's he an expert on?

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM
What's he an expert on?

tennis......
he was a player& a coach
and he is an excellent TV commentator

in Italy we call him "maestro" = "master"

grmbl
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:05 PM
2) if serena wins today vs Craybas, she will retire as she is half-injured and she will let Venus get the quarter finals
1) True
2) There is a big chance

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM
1) True
2) There is a big chance

wokkel is that Tipsarvic or whatever his name is in your avator? :confused: I'm not gay or anything but I have to admit I could do with his looks :lol:

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM
OMG guys are you watching the same thing than me? :eek:
poor serena is........... :tape:

Freewoman33
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Expert on mens' tennis?

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM
She is definitely injured and out of shaped. Venus will move on to the quarters for sure.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Expert on mens' tennis?

on both

ToeTag
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
very expert Italian TV commentator That wouldn't be lard ass Reno Tommassi[sp] would it??

Freewoman33
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Well, it doesn't take an expert to see that Serena is overweight. We've all been saying it from day one.

As for his second statement, that's just his opinion and he's entitled to it.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:35 PM
That wouldn't be lard ass Reno Tommassi[sp] would it??

no he is not rino tommasi.

(hands off great rino tommasi, please) :worship:

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Serena is still a threat to any player in the game, even at 75% fitness she has made it this far... if she is too heavy, she has beaten a lot of people carrying a lot less weight.

And Venus will never win another grand slam. Serena stil could... I dont see her making way for anyone, but her form is bad in this tournemount and she is still beating people... thats the mark of a quality player.

Freewoman33
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Serena is still a threat to any player in the game, even at 75% fitness she has made it this far... if she is too heavy, she has beaten a lot of people carrying a lot less weight.

And Venus will never win another grand slam. Serena stil could... I dont see her making way for anyone, but her form is bad in this tournemount and she is still beating people... thats the mark of a quality player.

Neither will Anna Smashnova/Pestolesi, or whatever you want to call her. Never have and never will.