PDA

View Full Version : Cant they move Serena's match onto another court?

lili123
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I think it will be unfair because its getting really dark and if it starts raining the match will not be played today, will be played on Monday and if she won she would have to play twice in the same day, that will not help in any way! I just want her to get to that fourth round without being tired because of having to play twice!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
She'll play tomorrow if the match can't be played today.

lili123
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM
l thought they dont have singles matches on Sunday? I hope she gets to play, and win obviously, l just want this third round match out of the way!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
l thought they dont have singles matches on Sunday? I hope she gets to play, and win obviously, l just want this third round match out of the way!

They will play if rain disrupts play the days before.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
well murray has now decided that he is gonna make his match as long as possible .......not convert on break pts. and take it to a fifth........i swear these men's matches are so frustrating .......one second it could be over and the next they are gonna be on court for another hour!!!!!!.........how long can they play before dark.....they should just move serena to court 1 or something.

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I don't think they'll have play at Wimbledon tomorrow just for ONE match :lol: I feel for Serena though, it is not fair that this is the third time in a row she has to play a late match after 6pm in the evening. I also wouldn't fancy Vee's achances of beating lil sis if Serena gets to play her 3rd round match Monday instead and then play Vee later :eek: as she would have the advantage of being warmed up for the showdown :mad:

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:13 PM
l thought they dont have singles matches on Sunday?

No, they don't. Unless there is a special weather-related decision.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM
murray & co. are playing the fifth set!

kimclijsters4ever
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM
They moved it to court 2

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Very good decision.. :)

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM
phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM
She'll play tomorrow if the match can't be played today.
Biggest nonsense I've ever heard. :lol:

If Serena can't finish her match for some reason, she will complete it Monday.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:20 PM

If it's delayed by rain, she'll finish it tomorrow.

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:21 PM
The match would not be played until Monday. Then the last 16 on Tuesday and the quarter on Wednesday. Maybe they would hold hold the other last 16 match in that quarter until Tuesday too. But with matches building up at this stage it is giving the other players an advantage in that they would have longer rest periods.

The scheduling of Serena's matches has been a disgrace - all three late in the day.

I agree totally with lili123. In fact, it should have started on another court once it hit 6.00 p.m.

It is looking unlikely to me that it will now get finished tonight.

tobi
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:21 PM
they have 1 hour and 39 minutes to finish their match...

Normally at 21.00 play will suspend due to badlight...

venusfan
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM

Who Serena think she is.. tall, white and blond?

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
yep, WIMBLEDON.ORG confirms that it's on COURT 2 now!

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM
If it's delayed, it won't be because of rain, Knizzle. It'll be because of darkness. Wimbledon won't break tradition in order to complete one match.

potty
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM
They will not play tomorrow no matter what stops play! The event is not behind and they have free days in the second week where they can play catch up!

Also Wimbledon only very rarely allows players to play 2 singles matches on the same day! If Serena plays on Monday it is likely her 4th round would be pushed to Tuesday and quarterfinal to Wednesday!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:25 PM
If it's delayed, it won't be because of rain, Knizzle. It'll be because of darkness. Wimbledon won't break tradition in order to complete one match.

She surely won't have to play 2 matches in one day, will she??

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Serena shoudl wax this kid no more than 45 minutes with TWO fractured ankles.:)

This match will be completed before it gets dark. Who she think she is some tall white blonde.:)

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:26 PM
She surely won't have to play 2 matches in one day, will she??
Yeah, probably if they can't finish it today. But her match has been moved anyway, so she'll finish.

tobi
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Can Serena finish her match in 1h.30min?
maybe she can but Jill will try to make suspend this match IMO...

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:27 PM
yep, WIMBLEDON.ORG confirms that it's on COURT 2 now!

Far too late in making this decision but at least it gives the chance for the match to be completed which is fairer all round.

Wojtek
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:27 PM
If it's delayed by rain, she'll finish it tomorrow.

Buhaahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha:

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Who Serena think she is.. tall, white and blond?

No, but Craybas is white and blonde. And yet somehow she's in the same situation as Serena. :retard:

Midnite Surfer
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Well there has been a Williams sister in the final of this slam since 2000 but you wouldn't know it....

cellophane
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Why isn't NBC showing this?????????????? :retard:

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:52 PM

believe me you are not missing anything memorable....

SerenaSlam
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
b/c ESPN got rights to showing the match. NBC won't be showing it at all probably.....unless the negotiate somthin as we type...

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
ESPN is going to show the match. Its only a couple of minutes off so don't worry. :lol: ESPN coverage returns at 3 est.

SerenaSlam
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:55 PM
ESPN is going to show the match. Its only a couple of minutes off so don't worry. :lol: ESPN coverage returns at 3 est.
but will they show the match live? i hope so....

cellophane
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Fuck. TSN's coverage is over at 3??? :mad:

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
but will they show the match live? i hope so....

I don't know. Anywhich way, its not that big of a deal. She seems to be playing bad :tape: They will probably delay it and show the entire match.