PDA

View Full Version : 6 Russians in 4th round of Grand slam again?

10nisfanofruz
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM
:eek: :worship:
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Elena Likhovtseva
Anastasia Myskina
Elena Dementieva
Nadia Petrova
Maria Sharapova

There're 6 russians in the 4th round of Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon this year. :eek: :yeah: <What about US OPEN? :lol: >
Who will make it to QF? :hehehe:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Bovina is injured, and Zvonareva got beat. Or there might be 8 Russians in the last 16.

azmad_88
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM
a confirmed one in QF (myskina/dementieva)
Kuznetsova looks ok
Sharapova might go through
Petrova and Likhovtseva got some work to do..

ginger_fish668
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM
a confirmed one in QF (myskina/dementieva)
Kuznetsova looks ok
Sharapova might go through
Petrova and Likhovtseva got some work to do..

Maria might? :confused:
That wouldn't be the word I'd use. I pretty sure she's the hot fave against Dechy.

Actually, I was gonna dig up the thread about the Russian revolution being over, just to post an article on the 6 Russians in the last 16. :devil:
But I was just too lazy. :o

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Seriously, I don' care about how many of them are in R16. As long as one of them lifts the trophey. Or doesn't. That's all that matters.

ginger_fish668
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Seriously, I don' care about how many of them are in R16. As long as one of them lifts the trophey. Or doesn't. That's all that matters.

But the probability of a Russian winning would be greater if there are more of them in the last 16, no? ;)

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:13 PM
But the probability of a Russian winning would be greater if there are more of them in the last 16, no? ;)

There were 6 of them at R16 of AO and RG. Has any of them even made it to the finals? Grand Slams are not about statistics or rankings points, they are about who lifts the trophey.

ginger_fish668
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:18 PM
There were 6 of them at R16 of AO and RG. Has any of them even made it to the finals? Grand Slams are not about statistics or rankings points, they are about who lifts the trophey.

You could have 15 Russian in the last 16 and the sole non-Russian could win. Probability is the key word here my friend. Of course ther isn't any guarentee. The chances would just be better. :)

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
You could have 15 Russian in the last 16 and the sole non-Russian could win. Probability is the key word here my friend. Of course ther isn't any guarentee. The chances would just be better. :)

It does not matter really whether it is 3 or 6. There are 3 players out of 6 Russians who at their best can wim Wimbledon - Sveta, Nastya and Maria. There are two players who are just statistics in those 6 - Lena L. and Nadya. And there is our favourite box of chocolate Elena D.

ginger_fish668
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM
It does not matter really whether it is 3 or 6. There are 3 players out of 6 Russians who at their best can wim Wimbledon - Sveta, Nastya and Maria. There are two players who are just statistics in those 6 - Lena L. and Nadya. And there is our favourite box of chocolate Elena D.

Oh well....if the number doesn't matter to you, then fine.
Whatever.
G'day.

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Where's Liz at?

She's been screaming since the clay court season that the Russian Revolution is over.

Ellery
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Russians :hearts: :D