PDA

View Full Version : Can someone kill Andrew Castle:(

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
God the man is the most annoying person in the history of the universe (and yes I am including me)

Kart
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM
All I need is an alibi and I'll do it.

No charge.

In fact, I'll pay to do it.

Bill Threllfall and Mark Petchey thrown in for a bonus as well.

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Thank you I'll even help:)

Mark Petchey thinks he is the bomb with the whole Muarry thing

potty
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Any chance Chris Bailey can be thrown into the hitlist??

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Ok the whole british team expect Smith and Wade who have grown on me

Anyone else who deserves being saved from the hitlist

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Anabel Croft commentating on Vee's match today was very irritating,she was quick to criticize Vee when she made a rare error but slow then to compliment her when she would hit a screaming winner :rolleyes: :mad: Also, John Lloyd is VERY annoying, why does he always have a smug expression on his face for?! :o

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Ok the whole british team expect Smith and Wade who have grown on me

Anyone else who deserves being saved from the hitlist

yes I've always liked Sam Smith's commentry, at least she knows what she is talking about. Virginia for an old woman is good too, her commentating voice is very fitting for Wimbledon :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Don't shoot Sue Barker please :sad: I need to send her on French and German lessons first.

tyk101
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Ye was quite annoyed with some of Andrew Castle's comments on the Murrary Match today~ Jimmy put him in his place tho!! and shut him up!

!<blocparty>!
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:54 PM
:lol: I was gonna say. ANYONE who mentions Sue....well, Sue is just a legend :worship:

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
So sue, sam and vriginia are safe anyone else?

btw heads up to the BBC you may need some new commentators for next week as a few are going to have, lets say accidents;)

sadsmiley
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I'm definitely there for the Andrew Castle hit squad. He is such a drama queen. And yeah we have to keep sue she rocks.

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I like John Barrett and Bill Threllfall. Yea I agree, Sam is great but Simon reed, Andrew castle and John Lloyd do my head in!!

Virginia and Sue should be exempt, they are fabulous!!! :worship:

vertigo
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I HATE Sam Smith. She has the most annoying voice ever, and is CONSTANTLY contradicting herself. I now, mute the commentary when she is on...

I love Virginia, Tracy, and Pam for a good laugh.
BTW, Chris Bailey....should be first on that hit list. I am not a happy bunny with the BBC right now as they are not showing any (or many) female post match interviews. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

samn
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
All I need is an alibi and I'll do it.

No charge.

In fact, I'll pay to do it.

Bill Threllfall and Mark Petchey thrown in for a bonus as well.

Can you also bump John Barrett, Jo Durie and Timmy Tim off while you're at it?

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry but Jo has to stay I like her analysis, old JB I'm for it, are there any guys going to stay alive after this massacre

mn73
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:09 PM
OH MY GOD! I couldn't believe this thread. I have HATED Andrew Castle for YEARS! I thought I was the only one!!! :)

Those bloody analytical shit pieces he does for the BBC Today at Wimbledon show! And his annoying voice and know-it-all attitude!

I'm so happy to know I am not alone. Let's start a club!!! :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:24 PM
does anyone get the feeling BBC TV always gets the doofuses of the commentary people around :lol:
Lloyd :zzz: Bailey :smash: cant Peter Fleming just hit him over the head with an axe and get it over with ?? we know he wants to.
Petchey........... always the grinning little chipmunk :tape:

BBC Radio got a far better selection and they've had Babsi Schett in last 2 days and Michael Stich also. (was hilarious listening to Stich asking Sharapova to be her mixed doubles partner last yr LIVE on air and she said YES ;)
Anabel Croft does both .......... but less annoying on radio :lol:

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I really like Sam Smith, Tracy Austin and Jo Durie but my favourite is Pam! She is the best by far :) :)

xan
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Castle is just so sneering and dismissive of everything involved with women's tennis. He really annoys me.

Sam Smith I like, she is a good commentator with insightful observations.

Bezz
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Some of the commentators do get right on my tits, i dont like Wade, she has an annoying accent and always goes to say something then stops half way through and just finishes the sentance off with some drivel, i cant stand croft, if she mentions the "intimidation" factor of the williams one more time i am gonna scream, just cos she's shit scared of them doesn't mean everyone is :rolleyes: .
Most of the male commentators annoy me cos you know they are dieing to say "thats why men deserve more" every time a good point is played or a match ends up in the 5th set :mad: .

The Best ones by far are sam smith, jo durie, tracy austin, some Aussie commentator and i even liked jimmy connors commentary :cool: , plus sue barker :worship: who is just ideal for presenting the whole thing!".

Albireo
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Also, John Lloyd is VERY annoying, why does he always have a smug expression on his face for?! :o

Because he got to shag Chris Evert?

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:51 PM
God the man is the most annoying person in the history of the universe (and yes I am including me)

LOL

Dancehall_Queen_
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Yes i hate Andrew Castle too he's such a money hungry twat basically i cant stand him on anything and when he was presenting the ice-skating on eurosport i thought what the hell this guy actually believes he knows everything! :mad:

I like Sam Smith, Tracy Austin, John McEnroe, Mark Pethey, Jo Durie, and most of all Barry Cowan (he's soo lovely bless him!)

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:02 PM
And worst of all Andrew (I know it all) Castle is presenting something on every bloody channel:(

So we can establish that these people have to be taken out: Andrew Castle, John Lloyd, Peter Fleming, John Barrett, David Bill Threllfall and Mark Petchey.

Loving Pam Shriver:) Bring back all the Eurosport commentators all is forgiven

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Oooh yea love Tracey Austin too! She's sweet, and very articulate and knowledgable. And of course JMac and Pam Shriver. Actually the American commentators are great!

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:23 PM
And worst of all Andrew (I know it all) Castle is presenting something on every bloody channel:(

So we can establish that these people have to be taken out: Andrew Castle, John Lloyd, Peter Fleming, John Barrett, David Bill Threllfall and Mark Petchey.

Loving Pam Shriver:) Bring back all the Eurosport commentators all is forgiven

Don't forget Simon Reed!!! :fiery: :mad: grrrrrr (he *still* dribbles over Anna K. :rolleyes: )

paul_5114
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:31 PM
You should put Barry Davies in, hes not suited for tennis commentry and says some of the most yawney things

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Barry Davies a definite yes, but I kinda like David Mercer, Simon Reed and Chris (the pervert) Bradman so they can stay alive unless there is ALOT of support for their names to added to the hitlist

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Yea Chris Bradnam is OK, despite his obsession with Dani ;)

Kart
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Thank you I'll even help:)

Mark Petchey thinks he is the bomb with the whole Muarry thing

Deal !

Andrew Castle is highly irritating. Honestly you'd think the man was an accomplished tennis player the way he goes on as if he knows what it takes to win :tape:.

I don't know why they allow people like Petchey and Bailey commentate on women's matches, they clearly have no respect for it.

Chris Bradnam we all know is just a lech (he's going to end up on the sex offenders register if he's not careful) and people like John Barrett should have been FORCIBLY retired years ago.

Sam Smith needs to take breaths in between sentences or alternatively not speak at all.

Kart
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Can you also bump John Barrett, Jo Durie and Timmy Tim off while you're at it?

I think tooth decay might get to Tim before I do.

I agree with whoever likes Barry Cowen :hearts:, he's got a sense of humour.

rightous
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:59 PM
I have realised (and I hate to admit it) that old Frew McMillian isn't bad.

lol Sam does have a tendency to a quick fire talker and Kart you are so right Castle is the most self-righteous man on the earth even though he has achieved little or nothing in his career (Top 80 i think!!lol)

Dancehall_Queen_
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:03 AM
All the eurosport guys are perves!!

fammmmedspin
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Who was it who reporting the score of a womens match said ...."leads by 6-3 in the third set" - I think it was Virginia. .....

sadsmiley
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I think tooth decay might get to Tim before I do.

:lol: :lol:

Meteor Shower
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Listen once to Yoram Shimron during a tennis match and you will love Andrew,Sam and all the rest, I promise :o :lol:

samn
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Listen once to Yoram Shimron during a tennis match and you will love Andrew,Sam and all the rest, I promise :o :lol:

No, listening to the truly insipid Barry Mackay, Chris Evert, and Nirupama Vaidyanathan (who first needs to buy a personality before she considers a career in television) even once will make anyone yearn for the mindless chatter of Andrew Castle, Sam Smith, and even Jo Durie.

To wit:

Presenter: So Nirupama, who's your pick for the Wimbledon title this year? (This was in 2003.)

NV: Jennifer Capriati.

Presenter: You think she has a better chance than the Williams sisters?

NV: Yes, I do. Venus and Serena are very strong, but I think Jennifer has to be the favourite.

Presenter: Why do you think she's the player to beat?

NV: Well, I really like Jennifer, so...

(Me: WTF? She gets paid for this ? Hell, I could go on TV and offer my expert analyses: "I think Silvia Farina Elia is the favourite to win Wimbledon this year because I really like her.")

Meteor Shower
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM
:lol:
top that:

25K Raanana final 2004- Tzipi Obziler vs. Sofia Gubaci
both hold for some games without aces, Shimron: "I'm very surprised there aren't many aces yet".. Hello! This is a women tennis match. and between Tzipi and Sofia - They are not Pimpim :o

25K Raanana final 2005- Tzipi Obziler d. Margalita C. 6-0 6-2 ( in the QF Margalita d. Sofia Gubaci 2-6 6-3 6-0 )
Shimron: " The way she plays today I don't understand she baggled such a good player like Sofia in the third set " 5 minutes later. "Its just kill me how she baggled Sofia in the third set". 5 minutes later. "I just don't get it how she baggled such a good Sofia in the third set" ...
finally the commentator next to him shut him up explained him that in tennis there are bad days and this is the final and Margalita is nervous + 2004 Sofia can be different than 2005 Sofia.

wait till some other Israeli posters will see this thread.. you will hear lots of stories :lol: there are lots more that I don't remember

Meteor Shower
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Just in case you want some more..

25K Raanana final 2005- Tzipi Obziler d. Margalita C. 6-0 6-2

Simron thinks Margalita scared of Tzipi cuz she said at the interview before the match "Tzipi is a very good player. It will be very hard to beat her" and of course say that every 5 minutes.

Shimron says Obziler for 3/4 of the match. Then he says "I should say Obzziler" and then he keep saying Obziler and then correting himself to Obzziler each time over and over again till the match is over :shrug: :retard:

now do you believe me? ;)

wipeout
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Ye was quite annoyed with some of Andrew Castle's comments on the Murrary Match today~ Jimmy put him in his place tho!! and shut him up!

It's funny to hear when someone like Andrew Castle says something and Jimmy Connors overrules. :lol: :devil:

For the BBC coverage, I like Connors and McEnroe. If the match looks like it might be a dull one then they should be put in the commentary box together. ;)

Hazel Irvine is a good interviewer and seems to be able to get along with the players unlike what's-his-face who seems to be everywhere and annoy all of them.

Helas
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:25 AM
McEnroe is the best analyst cutting through the bullshit to tell it like it is, and Connors is interesting as is John Lloyd all the Americans with the exception of Pam Shriver are great commentators and analysts.

As for Annabel Croft :rolleyes:

sadsmiley
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Hazel Irvine is a good interviewer and seems to be able to get along with the players unlike what's-his-face who seems to be everywhere and annoy all of them.

Oh yeah how could I have forgotten gary richardson?? He is awful, he asks such stupid questions. :rolleyes:

rightous
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Yes Gary Richardson can be added to the hitlist, and I agree Hazel can be saved:)

So it that everyone??

sadsmiley
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Hmmm theres still the question of john inverdale.....i'm kindof undecided :scratch:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:14 PM
John Inverdale pretty much rules, though he does have a face for Radio
thats where he should be......... (much better on 5 live)

best analyst of them all by a MILLION miles is Frew McMillan (and he's only heard on Radio these two weeks, ok for me ;) )

is Simon Reed doing anything for BBC this yr ?

paul_5114
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Also, what about Boris Becker? He can be annoying sometimes but he can provide some useful stuff...

rightous
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry Boris is gone he's very annoying and the BBC have given him the mantle of God, he's added to the list:)

Simon Reed and David Mercer have done a bit of commentating

Hagar
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I like most of these commentators. They're just part of Wimbledon. Yesterday I heard Jimmy Connors for the first time and he's good. Love McEnroe.
And some of the old guys are good as well.
I just like some of their expressions. Last week for example:

- "Isn't it glorious when both players are playing their best tennis." The word "glorious", I didn't even know it was still used! :D
- "It's 2-1 in the first set and Federer's F1-engine has just started to purr." :devil: