PDA

View Full Version : If her body is healthy, she will be playing next year!

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2005-06-25/200506251119712356406.html

Guys this is great news about Lindsay most possibly playing next year! :bounce:

Q. What about next year? Will you be here?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I hope to be here and playing and everything. I don't really have any "for sure" plans at this moment. I'm definitely going to finish this year out and hopefully stay healthy. If I'm playing well and healthy, I really think I'll be back next year. There's no reason why I won't. I think the most important thing is how my body responds.

joaco
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I know... this is so great!!! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:02 PM
that interview was pants

RayRob
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:16 AM
lol, she has a great memory from that 1st round qually 13 years ago :lol: That is very impressive! ;)

I think it was definately '93 then when I first started to become a Lindsay fan.....lol, couldn't remember if it was 92/93/94....but having read the interview I'm thinking it was definately '93 since she reached the 3rd round.

That however, is unimportant. I thought the interview was rather bland though, could have thought of better questions to ask. Oh, well....just can't get the journalists these days ;)

-Rache

gossipcom
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Dammit and just when I finally accepted she wouldn't be back after this year she throws that one (I don't think anything will be my record of seeing her this year - saw her win all the matches including singles and doubles in both Sydney and Melbourne). It was as soon as I left Melbourne she lost ;)

I love that she remembers the qualies - that just cracked me up - but seriously how many Williams sisters questions can they ask a non-Williams sister *sigh*

Did like her comment that all the girls were taller when she returned *lol*

Lindsayfan32
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I would say it is under consideration but I hope she does as there is som,e unfinished business to take care of in Australia. A healthy Lindsay is a good Lindsay to watch.

Andrew..
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Dammit and just when I finally accepted she wouldn't be back after this year she throws that one (I don't think anything will be my record of seeing her this year - saw her win all the matches including singles and doubles in both Sydney and Melbourne). It was as soon as I left Melbourne she lost ;)

I love that she remembers the qualies - that just cracked me up - but seriously how many Williams sisters questions can they ask a non-Williams sister *sigh*

Did like her comment that all the girls were taller when she returned *lol*
I don't understand why she still has to kiss Venus' ass. You own her now, dear. You can stop sucking up.

If they blow her off for Fed Cup, I hope shit will fly.

Andrew..
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Back on topic, I'm really glad Lindsay is talking like this now. She should know that she can be a top five player on her groundies alone for the next five years.

Ingokoer
Jun 27th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I hope she will not make any decision of the future, if she should lose against Kim today. I mean losing to Kim is not a shame, although Kim is "only" seeded No. 15, she is surely playing like a Top 3 Player now again.

I have 3 wishes before Lindsay retires someday:

- crack the "50" regarding her amount of singles titles
- crack the 100 weeks as No.1 of the WTA rankings
- win another grand slam or the WTA Tour championships

I was sceptical when thinking about when many journalists said, Lindsay might retire after the US Open this year, but when I read this new interview, I have new hope for these 3 things.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:40 PM
How will these comments change if we lose to Kim. "Oh. I'm must lefts now. I'm retires soon."

Ugh I'm annoyed this morning. Kim was just standing at the courts watching Lindsay hit. Bitch.

LindsayRocks89
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM
How will these comments change if we lose to Kim. "Oh. I'm must lefts now. I'm retires soon."

Ugh I'm annoyed this morning. Kim was just standing at the courts watching Lindsay hit. Bitch.

i wonder if Lindsay noticed. . . i hope Lindsay smashes Kim to the ground lol

twight6
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
i don't thihnk you have to worry about lindsay losing! she fought off 3 break points in her last service game, and is at deuce in kim's! she won the first set 6-3 and is up 2-1 in the second! go lindsay!

BTW, this is awesome! i too was ready to accept her quitting, and was trying to find a new favorite ;). But, I just hope lindsay playing next year is worth it, like she stays at #1 or wins a grand slam! I hope her body is good and she keeps playing, but at the same time can win! Go Lindsay!

lindsayno1
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Talking of Kim nosing at Lindsay....Lindsay did her own fair share of nosing at other people today on the practise courts!!! She was on the top courts at Aorangi Park and she went and had a nose over the fence (pic below). Then she sat watching Vera Z hitting!!!!! nosey parker! Lindsay has lost loads of weight again since last year at Wimbledon...everyone around me was commenting too! she has like no stomach anymore!!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/bexstar/nosey.JPG