PDA

View Full Version : Serenas "fracture"

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Will Serena ever be in full form again?

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Richard just said that it's killing him to watch her play in such tremendous pain and that she should withdraw. RICHARD=DRAMA QUEEN

!<blocparty>!
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
:retard:

You are obviously not used to seeing Serena playing. Delete this thread, while u still have some credability, to some.

TomTennis
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
actually you are both wrong.

i was there on cetner court on thursday, and she did NOT look fine to me.

She kept checking her ankile, and having to jump up and down all the time. She wasnt moving up to par.....so you are both wrong.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
In the first match against Angela Haynes, the commentator said they noticed that Serena was having trouble with her left knee at the start of the second set!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Serena has been looking like she's been in pain the last two matches. I think Serena feels that it doesn't matter how injured she is and that she's going to fight her way to the title, which IMO might not be wise. We'll see what happens.

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I think she's become scared to move in danger of hurting her knee again. Her movement hasn't been the same since she's returned.

Kart
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:33 PM
What exactly is Serena supposed to have fractured ?

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:34 PM
What exactly is Serena supposed to have fractured ?her ankle

tennisbum79
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:36 PM
She's looked about the same to me the last year or more :rolleyes:

I am not sure what your intention was by jumping on this story as soon as you saw Richard confirm what alot of people had supsected. Eve Sereran hinted to that.
What exactly do you want from Serena?

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Seeing the interview just made me think of it... Serena has looked the same since her knee injury.. i'm not saying it isn't a problem.. i just don't think it's been any different since that.. obviously she was 10x better before it.. but it's not like after the surgery she was all the sudden awesome and then went downhill

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Serena and Justine really does have a rivalry going. Who is the real Queen of Pain?

tennisbum79
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:41 PM
her ankle...in addition to a knee injury and stomach virus

You seem to be having fun with this.
I have not seen her or anybody close to her mention stomach virus.
What exactly is your intention/motivation here?

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM
You seem to be having fun with this.
I have not seen her or anybody close to her mention stomach virus.
What exactly is your intention/motivation here?

i'm going to change something for you

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM
What stomach virus?

tennisbum79
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:52 PM
i'm going to change something for you

What do you mean by this? Change something thing for me?
I am asking what your motivation was by intentionally making a father's genuine concern for his daughter well being look like a trick to fool the world

harloo
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Serena and Justine really does have a rivalry going. Who is the real Queen of Pain?

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Serena has a great serve, so she is always going to have a chance to stay in any match... but I cant see her going too far in this Wimbledon, she isnt moving naturally at all.

arn
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM
If I were Serena I would play and try to reach the next round (should be possible without playing that well), go on to play Venus and stop playing after a couple of games giving Venus some extra bonus points ;) ;) ;)

No, I hope Serena will be fine so she can finally start showing her potential again! :)

Tratree
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I'd be interested to know which bone Serena supposedly fractured. She wouldn't be walking on a fractured ankle, much less playing on it. We're talking six weeks casted at least and then a ton of therapy to build the ligaments back up to strengthen the joint.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I honestly at this point just want Serena to get to the 4r and then have Venus beat her. If Serena loses to anybody, I want it to be Venus.

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yes. The truth hurts. This time, literally. :sad:

volta
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I honestly at this point just want Serena to get to the 4r and then have Venus beat her. If Serena loses to anybody, I want it to be Venus.
me.

people that donīt like her are more worried about her stated and canīt stop talking about her more then us :rolleyes:

Rena Power :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I kinda think Serena may still win, she wants it too badly, Venus would have to work really hard, not even slight choking in order to beat her

harloo
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Yes. The truth hurts. This time, literally. :sad:

Nah that's your truth, plus it was a weak attempt at sarcasm. Sorry Kart you slippin.:lol:

harloo
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:36 PM
me.

people that donīt like her are more worried about her stated and canīt stop talking about her more then us :rolleyes:

Rena Power :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Isn't that something? It seems they are more concerned about Serena and what state she's in than her fans. I guess Serena really is the standard.:lol:

Marcell
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:40 PM
It seems that Serena has been having issues with her knee since Miami.I was looking at previews from their reality show and in one of the clips she was icing her knee and saying the she is having issues with the knee.

serenafan08
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:57 PM
You know, I really think that Serena is thinking of everyone else before she thinks of herself. I believe that she's only playing because everybody is griping at how she's not her old self, she's not the same player anymore and that her career is coming to an end soon. IMO, she's playing this tournament to show everybody that she still has the desire to be the best, even if her body is killing her. It would be wise for her to either withdraw or let Venus beat her in the next round because she doesn't have anything to prove to anyone. We all know that she has the desire; she shouldn't risk further injury and time off to prove it. It's a shame that everybody puts so much pressure on her to perform, no matter what the circumstances are. People need to learn that Serena is human; she's not going to win every tournament she enters. When she loses, it's okay!!! There are a lot of great players out there today, so it's understandable that she's not going to dominate anymore. As we all can see, there isn't a dominant player on tour right now because there's so much depth. Serena's injury is pressure-induced, IMO. She's feeling the need to try and convince all her critics that she's still a threat, even if her body is failing her. She should skip the Fed Cup tie in Moscow and rest up for the summer hardcourt season, because playing all those tournaments is going to put even more strain on her body. It wasn't a good decision for her to play this tournament because I think if she's not careful, she could seriously injure herself.

Midnite Surfer
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I honestly think Serena is playing more for her sponsors than anything else. She has to play a cetain number of tournaments and even though her ankle is bad, she knows she has obligations, stress fracture be damned. I love to see them out there playing but I hate to see them performing at less than 100% otherwise its like watching any of the other top players. Close but no cigar. The Williams sisters are often imitated but never duplicated.