PDA

View Full Version : Round of 16 typical quarterfinal matchups

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:14 PM
THe rankings are soo weird right now!! or does this mean we have more depth... these are typically matches you would expect in a quarter final..

Lena D vs Myskina

Lindsay vs Kim

Venus vs Serena(most likely)

Even Mauresmo vs Likhotseva

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:16 PM
just shows the depth in women's tennis right now

akosijepoy
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:18 PM
weird

jfk
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Mauresmo/Elena L is a classic 4th rounder IMO....similar to Sharapova/Dechy.

Lindsay/Kim is almost like a final to me...especially at Wimbledon.

moby
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I don't think it shows depth at all. It shows that some tennis players who have the potential to be in the top 8 need to get their asses up there and stop messing around. (or getting injured :o) I'm not giving names.

DEETHELICK
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:59 PM
The fact that Venus vs Serena and Nastya vs Elena were grand slam finals and are now 4th rounds shows how much things have changed, as well as some added depth.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM
The fact that Venus vs Serena and Nastya vs Elena were grand slam finals and are now 4th rounds shows how much things have changed, as well as some added depth.

Not really Myskina and Elena. They could have met in the fourth round of the slam they met in the finals of.

DEETHELICK
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Nope, it was the QFs they would have met in. Venus was seeded to meet Nastya in the 4th round.

Still, its a HUGE change since last year.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Nope, it was the QFs they would have met in. Venus was seeded to meet Nastya in the 4th round.

Still, its a HUGE change since last year.

No I mean Myskina was seeded 6th and Dementieva 9th so they could have possibly met in the 4th rd that year. It was only the luck of the draw that they were placed on opposite sides.