ezekiel
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Who do you see winning?

G_Slammed
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Davenport.

No Name Face
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
whoever wins it will win the tournament...i'm going with Clijsters.

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Both of them are looking REALLY good. It would be a very tough match.

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:17 PM
LIndsay, beat kim @ RG and Lindsay LOVES the grass.

joaco
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I hope Lindsay plays like she did today, just keep the level of play high baby and I'm confident you'll win :D

TomTennis
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM
im really looking forward to this.

I think im going to have to take the day of school to watch the tennis on Monday.

Venus vs Serena! (hopefully Serena will win today to make it happen)
Davneport vs Clijaters - should be VERY interesting! Dont think i can pick the winner.

Venus Forever
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I predict Lindsay in straight sets.... MAYBE three sets.

SilK
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Clijsters in two... why... because Clijsters will get about 10 times more balls back than the players that Davenport has ran into so far! Plus, Clijsters seems 100% fit. More fit than she did at Roland Garros.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Davenport is looking really good this year, I will say Davenport in two 6-4 6-3.

If Kim wins I will be happy too. I want either of these two to make the final!

Chunchun
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
:shrug: Lindsay seems doing well here, but Clijsters definitey wants revenge

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Kim. She'll be back to owning Davenport after choking at the French.

manu
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I didn't think Kim was looking all that great against Vinci: some good returning and clever counterpunching, but no total domination. However, her stats look pretty good: 24 winners to just 8 errors and 85% of points won on 1st serve! She'll have to serve even better though against Lindsay and be more aggressive, esp off the return.

Normally I would give Kim the advantage over Lindsay but this is:

1) grass, the hardest surface for Kim to beat Lindsay on
2) a Slam, and even if Kim would get in a winning position, it would be harder for her to close it out here

So I think Lindsay's the favourite to win this match, but I still have confidence that Kim can pull it off on the day ;)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM
This is going to be a close one I think. Kim has the edge though because she'll get more balls back than Lindsay would like to hit.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Id say 7-6 7-5 or something for Lindsay.

Kart
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I didn't see their match in Paris but it'll be interesting to see if it has given Lindsay real belief that she can beat Kim.

I think Kim will win but I'm happy to see either of them in the QF :D.

Tati & Dani
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Clijsters

!<blocparty>!
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:46 PM
The match comes down to Davenports serve. If she serves well, and i mean, serves fucking awesome, she will feel confident and smack winners, come to the net. She needs to come and finish the points at the net, too.

I'll be cheering courtside :p

stijntje
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Kim will win...

definetly

SilK
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:49 PM
This is going to be a close one I think. Kim has the edge though because she'll get more balls back than Lindsay would like to hit.

That will exactly be the reason why Kim will win! ;)

gsm
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:02 PM
too close to call , no vote from me.

will surely be a great match , cant wait!!!

Hawk
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM
It's interesting if you take Lindsay and Kim's serving stats from the first 3 matches and average it out there is virtually nothing between them on the serve.

Linds avg. First serve % - 62%
Kim's avg. First serve % - 64%

Linds avg. Fastest serve - 112MPH
Kim's avg. Fastest serve - 115MPH

Linds avg. First serve speed - 105MPH
Kim's avg. First serve speed - 105MPH

Linds avg. Second serve speed - 93MPH
Kim's avg. Second serve speed - 92MPH

Lindsay has 11 aces and 7 DF's so far (8 aces in her first match :eek: )
Kim has 8 aces and 7 DF's so far

I think Lindsay still has better placement and a more effective serve but I was a little surprised it was so close on paper even.

I haven't a clue who will win. Screw form.. they're both playing good. :p

kimclijsters4ever
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I really hope Kim can win this one!
A win will also bring her back to the top 10 and I think that's just where she belongs :D
Good Luck Kimmy!!!!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Although I'm more of a Lindsay fan, I'm rooting for Kim....because if Venus gets to the final she'll stomp all over Kim. Whereas Lindsay would be a different story.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Lindsay will unfortunately start to show negative body language at 6-4, 1-3* and will end up loosing 6-4, 3-6, 0-6 :(

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Go Kim!

Infiniti2001
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM
This is really hard for me since I'm fond of both :sad: but I really want to see Kim do well here.

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Clijsters 7-6, 6-3

ace4lleykim
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:04 PM
No vote from me, this is so hard to choose.

If Kim wants to win, she has to make Lindsay run from side to side, dropshots, and service too.

If Lindsay wants to win, she has to play offense, make Kim stays in defence most of the time, and her service too.

manu
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I think it's all a matter of who can dominate the point first. When being dominated, Kim is in a better position to still win the point, but on grass, that advantage is minimized. I'm eager to see how the grass will influence this match-up and the tactics needed to win it. Hoping for a great match!

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Lindsay

vw.
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Theres no doubt in my mind that Lindsay will win this

Deuce Court
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Kim said that she wants revenge badly so she will be supermotivated for this match. I think she will win in straights...

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM
should be a great game.

Kimmie in 3 tight sets

Maajken
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
lindsay, hands down

..ikke..
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Kim in a very though game

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:29 PM
i say lindsay. she seems to be more comfortable on the grass than kim

lienie18
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
It will be tough..Lindsay is so good on grass. But Kim will be very motivated after her loss in RG.. she never really felt comfortable on the clay this year. I like Lindsay but I'm definitely rooting for Kim! Kim in the final pleaseee :bounce:

cometz9
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I voted for Kimmie but its tough to decide, whoever makes the least amount of UEs will probably win. I really hope whoever wins will make the Final.

lindsayno1
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Lindsay. Saw her play against Safina at wimbledon today and she was so on fire! AMAZING!

tennisfan1972
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I think Lindsay is on a mission. It will be hard for anyone to beat lindsay the way she is serving and striking the ball. No other players have been as impressive.IMO if she gets past Kim i cant see anyone stopping lindsay. I think she will attack Kims serves and forehand. Kuznet doesnt seem likeher form is totally there to take out lindsay. Venus 2nd serves and forehand willbe eaten up.Maria didnt look too impressive today.But this is tennis anything can happen. Lindsay needs towin one more before she retires for good.She is way too good to only have 3 slams.

ace4lleykim
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I want to see a quality match, 3 set match would be great. Kim wants revenge from last time, and this is probably Lindsay's last year. Two big motivations, I really want a 3 setter.

Mon.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Kim has a good shot against Lindsay, even though Lindsay is playing well. Kim knows what she has to do to beat her, she sounds confident, wants revenge, so yeah, I'm confident that she can pull this off:yeah: But crap, it's gonna be one nerve wrecking day, that Monday :lol:

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I like Clijsters to win this in 2 very tough sets.

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Kim

babolat-blast
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:41 PM
My heart says Clijsters, my mind says Davenport.

Andy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Im thinking Lindsay she is hitting the ball so well the best i have seen in a long time it will take an awesome player to best her at these Championships.

HotSpot
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Lindsay..

sarza
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Kim :D

Sam L
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I want Kim to win because she'll make the latter rounds more interesting. Whereas Lindsay will lose badly in the semis or finals and will make those matches boring.

And it's about time, Kim did well in a grand slam. No Justine, it's your time, Kim. :rolleyes:

Woman_in_love
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Hopefully Lindsey will be better this time. Lindsey is the winner!

manu
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
This poll is sooo even by the way! Since it came up, Kim and Lindsay have been 50 - 50 all the time :) I hope the match will be just as close!

foreva lindsay
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Lindsay!!!

joaco
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM
This poll is sooo even by the way! Since it came up, Kim and Lindsay have been 50 - 50 all the time :) I hope the match will be just as close!

I hope not.... for the fans sake;) Kick some ass Lindsay!!!

lindsayno1
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:35 PM
it would kill me

ezekiel
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:55 AM
This has a making of a very good match and so much drama. I have a slight preference toward Lindsay here but this could go either way. 2 things to keep in mind, Kim has a tendency to get anxious and starts spraying balls while Lindsay is known for tanking some tougher matches especially 3 setters.

cynicole
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Amazing how one RG match can make people believe in Lindsay all over again...while all the other post-2001 matches between the two show something quite different.

ezekiel
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Amazing how one RG match can make people believe in Lindsay all over again...while all the other post-2001 matches between the two show something quite different.

You can say that again but it's also a question of which trend will prevail:
Kim getting anxious and losing to a top opponent or Lindsay getting frustrated by a player who get lots of balls back. Having said that, both have looked very much in form here

Jakeev
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:27 AM
If both players go into tomorrow's match playing exactly how they have been all week, I am going to give a slight edge to Lindsay.

The reason why is that although Kim is a great retriever, she is going to have to be aggressive the entire match and not be a counterpuncher against the lethal shots of Davenport.

I keep reading comments on how Kim can frustrate Lindsay by keep getting balls back. But as hard and lethal Linds' shots are, Kim will probably find herself on the ropes rather than being able to get very difficult deep shots back to her.

Both players are bubbling with confidence, but Lindsay has the edge here.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:14 AM
I think Davenport will get off to a good lead and win the first set like 6-3 before getting frustrated with the amount of balls Clijsters retrieves and Clijsters will win the next two sets something like 6-4 6-3! ;)

Dave B
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Kim has been playing fairly aggreisvely, and she also has something else on Davenport: Kim returns Lindsay's serve very consistently. On the grass this will be tougher, but if she can read Lindsay's serve well I think she has the match.

@m@nd@
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:33 AM
its gunna be a great match...id like kim to win but i think lindsay will

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Truly, the RG fluke has gotten to people's heads. Just to make it clear, that loss to Lindsay was Kim's worst match in years! After 6-1 3-1 (was it 3-1?) she made more unforced errors than what I thought to be humanly possible, literally ever single forehand was hit into the stands. Lightning doesn't strike twice, and unless Kim is completely, COMPLETELY off her game, it will be a straight set victory.

Rub
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Although I'm more of a Lindsay fan, I'm rooting for Kim....because if Venus gets to the final she'll stomp all over Kim. Whereas Lindsay would be a different story.

don't think venus can even stomp a player like kim! the diamond games was like the first tournament after being away for like forever...
as if venus won any big title this year, could only barely win a tier 3... and as if she has been a force! c'mon! she couldn't even probably get to the finals if sharpy reaches the semis... i think venus will lose to craybas! :devil: :lol: :devil:

Rub
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:10 AM
this is gonna be a very interesting match though! :wavey:

SelesFan70
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Kiss of death for Kim...Patrick McEnroe picked her to win and make the Finals. :unsure:

Lindsay wins in straight sets... 7-6, 6-3

Breakaway
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Something is telling me Kim is gonna win. So I voted for her.

Kimikim
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:51 AM
hmm.. kim has 1 more vote than lindsay cos of my vote.. hope she really wins..;)

selking
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Lindsay has been looking unbeatable

leigh
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:59 AM
i voted kim and i want her to win this match :)

LUXXXAS
Jun 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM
I think Lindsay will win in 2 sets something like 6-2;7-5. She is going to fight at 200% because she know it's the best surface to her to beat Kim and if she loses to her on grass... she will lose everything against Kim till the end of her career.

Dominic
Jun 27th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I have a feeling that if kim follows Davenport closely, it'll probably play on her mind and make her get discouraged and start missing which would give kim the match 7-5 6-3. But Davenport has been playing really outstanding. So I think she might just roll over kim something like 6-3 6-3. I voted Davenport anyway but I like both.

Belgium = Best
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Kim :yeah:

rikvanlooy
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Truly, the RG fluke has gotten to people's heads. Just to make it clear, that loss to Lindsay was Kim's worst match in years! After 6-1 3-1 (was it 3-1?) she made more unforced errors than what I thought to be humanly possible, literally ever single forehand was hit into the stands. Lightning doesn't strike twice, and unless Kim is completely, COMPLETELY off her game, it will be a straight set victory.

Kim was completely destroying Lindsay (like she has done the last two years) and then :fiery: .

In their interviews Kim and her trainer look VERY confident. Kim is playing much better than at RG. Kim says she has the same feeling as at Miami and Indian Wells. If Kim really plays like she did at Miami, Davenport will have problems beating Kim.

I still can't believe Kim didn't reach the final at RG. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Kim was completely destroying Lindsay (like she has done the last two years) and then :fiery: .

In their interviews Kim and her trainer look VERY confident. Kim is playing much better than at RG. Kim says she has the same feeling as at Miami and Indian Wells. If Kim really plays like she did at Miami, Davenport will have problems beating Kim.

I still can't believe Kim didn't reach the final at RG. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
Considering Lindsay should have won the first set at IW 6-0... :o

*Jool*
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Lindsay will win
103/103 :eek: incredible ! I hope the score wiont be that tight :p

Come on Lindsay !! :bounce:

Daniela¤Forever
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Kim in 3. It's going to be a great match:D

Lady
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Considering Lindsay should have won the first set at IW 6-0... :o

True that!
They actually both won the matches that they should have lost! ;)

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
True that!
They actually both won the matches that they should have lost! ;)
Yep. No way in hell Lindsay should have won at RG, and same for Kim at IW. Both matches should have been easy wins for the other.