PDA

View Full Version : WOW.....bizarre mixed doubles pairs @ Wimbledon!

Doggy
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I never expected these players to join forces so this is pretty cool.

Mahesh Bhupathi IND
Mary Pierce FRA :eek:

Olivier Rochus BEL (12)
Kim Clijsters BEL (12) :eek:

Mark Knowles BAH (8)
Venus Williams USA (8) :eek:

Mike Bryan USA (5) :eek:
Martina Navratilova USA (5)

Jonas Bjorkman SWE (3) :eek:
Lisa Raymond USA (3)

Dominik Hrbaty SVK (14) :eek:
Elena Likhovtseva RUS (14) :eek:

Todd Perry AUS
Els Callens BEL :eek:

Kevin Ullyett ZIM (4) :eek:
Liezel Huber RSA (4)

Michael Kohlmann GER
Anastasia Myskina RUS :eek:

Andy Ram ISR (16)
Conchita Martinez ESP (16) :eek: I thought Conchita was a lesbian.

Andrew Murray GBR :eek:
Shahar Peer ISR :eek:

And Daniela Hantuchova is not playing mixed doubles even though she just won a grand slam mixed doubles title. :eek:

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Mike Bryan USA (5)

i think this one is the weirdest.

selking
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Mike Bryan USA (5)

i think this one is the weirdest.

haha but most likely will be the winners

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:29 AM
:scared: you get shocked way too easily. i really fail to see the shock value in 2 players from the same country combining to play mixed doubles together. really it's just like exhibition for money.
mahesh and mary have both been around forever,
kim and oli have probably known each other forever,
knowles and venus or serena have played together in the past i believe,
bryan and nav are both american great dubs players,
bjorkman and raymond have both played dubs forever,
but yes, some of them are weird.

Pamela Shriver
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Pfft no, a truly bizarre mixed doubles partnership would be Father Christmas and Katherine Hepburn.

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Pfft no, a truly bizarre mixed doubles partnership would be Father Christmas and Katherine Hepburn.
or a preggers Pammy and Andy Lloyd. :p

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Andy Ram ISR (16)
Conchita Martinez ESP (16) :eek: I thought Conchita was a lesbian.

:rolleyes: it is pretty well known that gays relate best to the opposite sex in terms of friendship, not everything is about sex you know :tape:

Peer / Murray = interesting team ;)

Doggy
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:54 AM
:scared: you get shocked way too easily. i really fail to see the shock value in 2 players from the same country combining to play mixed doubles together. really it's just like exhibition for money.
mahesh and mary have both been around forever,
kim and oli have probably known each other forever,
knowles and venus or serena have played together in the past i believe,
bryan and nav are both american great dubs players,
bjorkman and raymond have both played dubs forever,
but yes, some of them are weird.

ugh no. i don't get shocked too easily. you just make bad assumptions thinking Wimbledon is FED CUP. In case you haven't noticed from past grand slam mixed doubles draws, players from the same country do not often opt to play together. Wimbledon is not Fed Cup. and you said "kim and oli have probably known each other forever" so it's not shocking to see them play together.

using the word, "probably" really cast incredible self doubt in your argument so if you don't even know the extent of Kim and Olivier's relationship then why you be frontin'?

Doggy
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:56 AM

Then by your definition, every mixed doubles pairing is normal. Even Marcelos Rios/Monica Seles

fleur137
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM
navratilova and mike bryan...hmmm doesn't she usually play with paes and isn't paes playing in doubles?...so y aren't they playing together anymore?

oh and conchita played with andy ram at AO this year if memory serves me correctly.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Kevin Ullyett and Liezel Huber played together few times included make final at Australian Open last January :) Same with Conchita Martinez and Andy Ram together at the Open.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:58 AM
navratilova and mike bryan...hmmm doesn't she usually play with paes and isn't paes playing in doubles?...so y aren't they playing together anymore?

oh and conchita played with andy ram at AO this year if memory serves me correctly.

Leander and Martina have not split up. He is injured and needed to withdraw from Wimbledon (and Halle, or Queen's - I don't remember which one), so Nenad Zimonjic and Martina Navratilova were without doubles partners for Wimbledon. So Martina found Mike as temporary replacement.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I am really surprised to see the team of Anastasia Myskina and Michael Kohlmann. I know and like Michael, but he is not a very well-known player to the fans and probably not to female players either. So I am wondering who asked who and how they got to know each other.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Leander and Martina have not split up. He is injured and needed to withdraw from Wimbledon (and Halle, or Queen's - I don't remember which one), so Nenad Zimonjic and Martina Navratilova were without doubles partners for Wimbledon. So Martina found Mike as temporary replacement.
Martina and Nenad should team up :p

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I am really surprised to see the team of Anastasia Myskina and Michael Kohlmann. I know and like Michael, but he is not a very well-known player to the fans and probably not to female players either. So I am wondering who asked who and how they got to know each other.
Me too. :p

Lemonskin.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Bryan/Navratilova and Huber/Ullyett is not bizzare...

:Rawwb:
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Its good to see Venus playing a bit of doubles again, and Kim too :D What is it with Myskina and her nobody doubles partners this year?

Also, Sharhar and Andy Murray, are they both 18? Maybe they are dating :angel:

_LuCaS_
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Its good to see Venus playing a bit of doubles again, and Kim too :D What is it with Myskina and her nobody doubles partners this year?

Well whtever it is, it's working ;)

-Paul-
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:55 AM
And Daniela Hantuchova is not playing mixed doubles even though she just won a grand slam mixed doubles title. :eek:

That was explained though, i think

Danielahantuchova.sk:
Daniela won't play mixed doubles at the grandslams. She told Radio Expres (slovak), she achieved everything mixed she could achieve. "I may try it some time at the US Open. If I won, I'd have a complete collection of grand slams titles."

TomTennis
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Venus is playing! I am so excited!!!

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:33 PM
ugh no. i don't get shocked too easily. you just make bad assumptions thinking Wimbledon is FED CUP. In case you haven't noticed from past grand slam mixed doubles draws, players from the same country do not often opt to play together. Wimbledon is not Fed Cup. and you said "kim and oli have probably known each other forever" so it's not shocking to see them play together.

using the word, "probably" really cast incredible self doubt in your argument so if you don't even know the extent of Kim and Olivier's relationship then why you be frontin'?
we have seen pictures of kim and oli from when they were little children. they're from the same small country too!

PointBlank
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Andy/Shahar. :hearts:. What a cute team.

akosijepoy
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Go VENUS/ Knowles

KitchenMonkey
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:19 PM
"Andy Ram ISR (16)
Conchita Martinez ESP (16) I thought Conchita was a lesbian."

Unless I've been grossly misinformed, having sex with your doubles partner is merely optional.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Kim and Olivier have known each other for years. They have also played at Hopman Cup together before. So I wouldn't say it is a surprising combination.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Being lesbian doesn't means they can't play with a male player! :haha:

Shuji Shuriken
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know when Venus plays?

samn
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
"Andy Ram ISR (16)
Conchita Martinez ESP (16) I thought Conchita was a lesbian."

Unless I've been grossly misinformed, having sex with your doubles partner is merely optional.

So you mean all those rumours about Martina & Pam and Steffi & Gaby aren't true?

Fantastic
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
The lesbians love mixed doubles! They get to whack balls at those prissy girls and don't have to talk constantly about how they're feeling with their male partners - less baggage. Lol.

KitchenMonkey
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I did say it was optional.

Shuji Shuriken
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM
The lesbians love mixed doubles! They get to whack balls at those prissy girls and don't have to talk constantly about how they're feeling with their male partners - less baggage. Lol.
Oh god...Venus is a lesbiannnnnnnnnn :sobbing: :sobbing:

*dead*

stijntje
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Kim and Ollie! ;););)