PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs. Daniela ot on Centre Court?

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Yet Kim's match against a nobody is? Along with Serena for the 2nd time in a row? That's pathetic, Venus is a twice former champion, show some repect...Looks like she won't play on Centre until the potential, and i stress potential Williams round of 16 battle...

Where is their logic in this schedule?

ceiling_fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
yes, that's a bit weird

venus and daniela being on court 1, and kim being on some other court besides centre court would be okay... but ./..

venus is seeded higher than kim here, and yes is twice champion, unlike kim...
on the other hand...kim is one of the favourites to win...

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Yeah I don't know why. Because Venus is seed 14 and Daniela is seed 20. This is a big match and should be on centre court.

lindsayno1
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM
yep and the world no1 is on court 2 AGAIN!

VeeDaQueen
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Oh dear goodness. Who gives a shit!?!?!

Sam L
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:13 AM
yep and the world no1 is on court 2 AGAIN!
Well I don't hear anyone complaining about that. LOL. :p

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Omg seriously, I'm gonna deliver some serious bitch-slapping now.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=5655770#post5655770

I mean't it too. Bitch-slaps for all the complainers!

switz
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:04 AM
i would feel more sorry for Lindsay. But ultimately it is not the end of the world. a tennis court is a tennis court no matter how many seating devices are available for the general human population and therefore i feel the issue is inconsequential to the overriding form of onomatopoeia amongst the pigeons in the upper echelons of the stratosphere :confused:

mr_burns
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:23 AM
wimbledon cannot make a fair and logical shedule. In Rg they do a better job, although they have many french stars to put on show courts

azza
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:01 PM
If you think Vinci is a nobody then you clearly have not been following tennis :rolleyes:

azza
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Please get over it.

chris whiteside
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:15 PM
It does have some importance because each court plays at a different speed and obviously if you've been on #1 and Centre a few times before the quarters/semis it is an advantage.

I'm more concerned about the scheduling. It seems to me that everything is being done to smooth the passage for Miss Sharapova. Yet again she has been given an early match so she knows exactly when she is playing and has the best chance of getting the match completed.

Despite being twice champion and runner-up in the last 3 years Serena has yet again been given a late match - in fact she is FOURTH on Centre today. This means she has to hang around as she has no idea when her match will start depending on how long the preceding ones last.

Also, if it rains there is a good chance she will not get onto court which means that she will then have back-to back matches (if she progresses) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

I know scheduling is difficult but I think year after year Wimbledon makes a pig's dinner of it.

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Somebody has to be first and someone has to be last. Federer and Kim had to play early because they were scheduled to play yesterday. Also they try to put the players on the court where they were originally scheduled when their matches are rain delayed.

There's nothing sinister about it. It's a bit of a difficult scheduling day, that's all.

*Karen*
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
They are like the 14th and 19th seed or whatever their ranking is so court ones a good enough court for that.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Please get over it.

So what she made the semis in Eastbourne, woopdee doo, has she won Wimbledon twice. No. Will she ever. No.

:wavey:

samn
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm more concerned about the scheduling. It seems to me that everything is being done to smooth the passage for Miss Sharapova. Yet again she has been given an early match so she knows exactly when she is playing and has the best chance of getting the match completed.

I also find the constant references to Miss Sharapova as the "Queen of Wimbledon" very irritating. Shouldn't she at least win the damn thing a couple of times before she's anointed the queen of SW19?