PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but...............

Drake1980
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:13 AM
The way Myskina was playing at the end of her match today was some of the best tennis I've ever seen, she was amazing. Jankovic was amazing as well. Am I right or way off base?

ezekiel
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:18 AM
no, it was just a lot of counter punching by both players. It was actually quite boring to me since neither really mixed it up, just a lots of long rallies like it's clay court :yawn:

SM
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:19 AM
you are spot on

it was incredible hitting by both at many times in the last set and its a shame both could not be in the next round.

the last few games myskina definately hit her french open form from last yr, its a matter of maintaining that level of play for extended periods which is her problem...but shes moving in the right direction. For those who have written off Myskina based on her play in the past few tournaments, it looks like you are wrong and she definately has the game its just getting matches under her belt that is KEY.

As for Jelena, i saw why she made the finals at birmingham was it or eastbourne?? She plays similar to myskina but her serve and strokes have a bit more spin so i think she has the ability to become a 'consistent' top 20 player for sure......

matthieu_tennis
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:34 AM
she is so co0nsistant on that backhand jankovic she's little bit less powerful

russophile
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:38 AM
it was tiring just watching the end of the match. but myskina should've closed that one out a long time back.

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I enjoyed it as well because of the rallies. It was more like a women's hard court or clay court match, which I prefer.

Rub
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
yeahh... actually when i saw her play, i never thought she was in a slump... she was consistent and she was really good... maybe at one matchpoint she was playing safe with her serve... but overall, i believe she's in good shape... :yeah:

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM
it was good play from Myskina. very patient and VERY VERY precise with excellent shot selection

pigam
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
it was great tennis by nastya.

Becool
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:50 AM
It was a nice match. Jankovic is so much better than the last time I've seen her

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah there was great hitting from the baseline shot for shot just what i like no finese.

DevilishAttitude
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM
This match is very over-rated :rolleyes:

There were errors than winners for both players. They both looked at times terrified to put the ball away. Bad chokes etc.

It was in terms of draw and tension in was great but not in quality.

It was the best I'd seen Anastasia play all year. Patient tennis then going for the winner and shots of variety, not so many hit hard as possible points which she just can't do. I just wish she was more confident at the net since she was pretty good when she got up there.

Jelena seems to come close but never actually beat these top players.