PDA

View Full Version : Potential Venus vs. Serena Thoughts...

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Well first off, they need to get there. Serena should not have any problems with Jill Craybas, but she does have a bone fracture which is obviously affecting her play. Hopefully, it is nothing major and it will not affect her further matches. Then, there's Venus. She should get past Hanutchova, but her play has been rather disgusting too. But I think deep down she wants to go far this year, so hopefully she'll bring her A Game.

Should they both advance to the 4th Round, I think Venus will win. Only because Serena is injured, but if the injury doesn't affect Serena, then she will win, unless Venus raises her game. I just hope that whoever survives this quarter goes all the way....

Good luck Venus and Serena, especially Venus, it's time for you guys to win grand slams for the first time in the same year.

:cool:

dreamgoddess099
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I'm pulling for Serena to win, I don't feel Venus is currently mentally strong enough to win the whole tournament. Although she's more than welcome to prove me wrong. In fact I double dog dare her.

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:14 AM
I think that Venus will win. I see Venus coming to net A LOT like she did at Miami. She will definitely be very aggressive and that combined with the fact that Serena has yet to play her best makes me feel like Vee will win it.

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:18 AM
it's sort of like the roles are reversed from 2003. Venus could barely move in the match, and yet took it to three sets...this year Serena is injured. Hopefully it's high quality like in Miami.

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:23 AM
I'm not convinced that Venus will get by her long-time bitch Hantuchova that easily. Poor performance against Pratt today. if she does, though, I predict her to beat Serena and maybe lose to Ivanovic in the QF or Sharapova in the SF. I think if she does face Serena, she will elevate her game out of nowhere again like she did in Miami and will win; however, she will not beat Sharapova in this event.

le bon vivant
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:26 AM
I'm not convinced that Venus will get by her long-time bitch Hantuchova that easily. Poor performance against Pratt today. if she does, though, I predict her to beat Serena and maybe lose to Ivanovic in the QF or Sharapova in the SF. I think if she does face Serena, she will elevate her game out of nowhere again like she did in Miami and will win; however, she will not beat Sharapova in this event.

I think thats gonna happen too.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I'm rooting for Serena, because even an injured Serena has more of a chance of beating Sharapova than Venus.

lukehingis
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I think Venus has the slight edge. Serena has been pushed by people she'd normally win in 2 quick sets. Venus needs to improve her consistency to pull of the victory though.

However, I don't think either of them can get pass maria. Maria has been playing really well in her first 2 matches. She's very focused and is hitting the ball well. Maria is probably the favourite to repeat at the moment.

@m@nd@
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:32 AM
serena will win in 3 probably

Becool
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I really want to see someone beating Maria here, and Venus just can't beat her I don't know why.. :rolleyes:

CJ07
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:41 AM
its hard to beat someone when the balls don't go in ;)