PDA

View Full Version : Serena Vs Craybas

henree
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:51 PM
What is going to happen in this match. Serena has been an extremely slow starter in her last two matches. Will this slow starting hurt Serena in this match up? What is Crayba's playing style. Does she weapons or consistency to upset Serena?

tennisIlove09
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:56 PM
She played a good match against Serena a few years ago at Wimbledon. Serena won like 6-3 6-3, but Jill played a nice match.

That being said, Serena SHOULD win in two sets.

matthieu_tennis
she has no weapon she keep the ball in play :P

Venus+Serena#1fan
Serena played her at Wimbledon in 03' and won 6-3 6-3 i think, and then @ the Nasdaq in 2004 6-1 6-0 or something like that.....

Jill is a consistant player who will only be aggressive if given the short ball or an opportunity, if Rena plays her game she's toast.

Thing is though, Serena has started extremley passive and slow latley so if she does it again, she will be involved in a 3rd set struggle yet another time. Serena played well the last 2 sets of both her matches, but she needs to start on that level ASAP, specially as the rounds go on.....

good run for Jill though.

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Jill's a great fighter out there and has consistent ground strokes along with a lot of talent at net! To be honest, I don't think Serena will have too much trouble in this matchup because she's played her twice before and should have an idea of what to expect... I think Serena will win in 2.

Good luck to both Jill and Serena :D!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I'm sure Serena will make it to the 4r. I also think Serena is trying to pace herself. She knows how to win slams, and knows not to go for too much too early. I'm sure as the tournie progresses we'll see her get better.

azza
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:13 PM
How fucking disrespectful using Serena first name and Jills last name why didnt you use Jills name :rolleyes:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM
How fucking disrespectful using Serena first name and Jills last name why didnt you use Jills name :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes:
:lol:

Joana
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure Serena will cruise to the 4R.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:56 AM

:tape: .......is this tom cruise???? :tape:

SM
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:59 AM
azza maybe b/c there is williams x 2 on the tour

and craybas x 1

lol