PDA

View Full Version : Monday report - Spoke to Silvia!!!!!

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Well I got there about 7:30 and started queuing. About 10:30 I got interviewed by Sky Sports News I think asking how long we had waited and who we wanted to see, so that was excited. As soon as I got in I saw Shaugnessy and got her autograph! I headed to the practised courts and watched Kiefer and others warm up.

The 1st match I saw was Anne Keothavong and Mariana Diaz-Oliva and Anne started off with a bang and I thought she was heading for victory but she didnt seem to get many 1st serves in and this hurt her and she kept running around her backhand and 8/10 missed the forehand! A very patchy match but Anne has a long way to go before retuning to last years form!

Next up was Kuznetsova and Becky Llewellyn and Svetlana had so much power, winners all of the court!!!!! Becky had 0-40 on Kuznetsova's serve 0-2 down but she couldnt take her chances and then went on to lose the set 6-0! She has a good game but alittle bit more work on her footwork and fitness and she will be back at Wimbledon in the coming years!

I saw the tiebreak of Sarah Borwell and Shenay Perry and Sarah had her chances and didnt look out of place on this stage! Either player could have won it but unfortunately for the Brits a drop shot in the net gave Perry the TB!

I also saw bits of Amy Frazier and Mashona Washington, these two are battlers!! Both put everything into every shot and grit their teeth together for shot aswell and when I saw it Amy was a break up in the third and Mashona didnt look happy and I was shocked when I found out she won!! I also show tiny tiny bits of the Tamarine Tanasugarn VS Karolina Sprem match and when I saw it Karolina looked good she had power and won the point and everytime I came back from a walk around the other courts she would have lost 3 games or so, so I dont know what happened??

But the highlight of my day/week/year was when I was at the practise courts and once Silvia Farina Elia had finished her warm up match before her 1st round match, I asked her for her autograph and showed her a poster of my website! and I said to her, while shaking 'I am your biggest fan in the world, and I have made a website for you' or something like that and it had an email address on there and she said 'Thank you so much' and showed Francesco and said 'I will visit!!' and while she was walking off she was looking at the poster with Francesco.

After this I went to court 6 to watch Mariano Puerta and Lars Burgsmuller before Silviaís match and this match was a classic serve volleyer against a clay courter! Puerta came up with a few good shots but the result was never in doubt and Burgsmuller deserved to win.

Then Silvia came on and I was sitting a row behind Francesco and she kept looking at his for comfort and seemed quite grumpy on court despite winning! Sucha played a good 1st set and seemed to have a lot of power, which I was a little concerned about but after the opening set she started to falter and the better player won! Silvia did have a leg strapped very bad and fell once and looked in pain! But she was fine and won the match on the 1st match point I think!

I am a bit of an autograph hunter and by far the worst player I saw that day in terms of autographs was Perebiynis refused to sign and just ignored me!!! The nicest player was Silvia (reasons already mentioned), Kveta Peschke was really really nice, Alina Jidkova didnít mind signing autographs at all despite losing and on the menís side Juan Carlos Ferrero was really nice about his fans!!

AUTOGRAPHS!!! (in no order)

Davydenko
G.Muller
Keothavong
Gasquet
Farina Elia
Stepanek
Chladkova
Srichaphan
Webley Smith
Razzano
Novak
Puerta
Jidkova
Ferrero
Bjorkman
Frazier
Woodbridge
Mirnyi
Schett
O'Donaghue
Robredo
Ferrer
Garbin
Sanguinetti
Peschke
Jankovic
Dulko
Schuettler
Shaughnessy

Also Jeramy Bates and John Inverdale!

auntie janie
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Wow, what a fantastic day for you!!! You got to meet your fave, and now she will be visiting your web site! Fabulous. :):):):):)

Thanks for writing this report of your best day of your life. :kiss:

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:57 AM
thank you!!!!

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Wow you managed to get so many :)

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
yeah, I spend alot of the day by the practise courts :)

gsm
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:38 AM
so happy that you got to have a little chat with your fav! :)

sooo many autographs! :eek:

thanks for sharing your busy day with us. :worship: