PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Schedule (6-25-05) Serena & Kim on Center Court again!

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Center Court:
Federer
Kim vs. Vinci
Murray vs. Nalbandian
Serena vs. Craybas

Court One:
Srebotnik vs. Sharapova
Venus vs. Dani
Rodick vs. Igor

Court Two (the Graveyard Court):
(second match) Lindsay vs. Safina

Court Three:
(first match) Pierce vs. Ivanovic
(third match) Dechy vs. Bondarenko

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:40 PM
i cant believe lindsays on 2 AGAIN. i got c1 tix *cries*

Lady
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Kim hasn't played on Center yet. ;)

And they supposed the schedule the match on the same court as yesterday if the play was interrupted. ;) That's why Lindsay is on Court 2. ;)

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Wonder why Clijsters/Vinci would be on Centre instead of Venus/Hantuchova.

manu
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Kim hasn't played on Center yet. ;)

And they supposed the schedule the match on the same court as yesterday if the play was interrupted. ;) That's why Lindsay is on Court 2. ;)

Lindsay's match was scheduled on Court 1 today. I guess they wanted to give both Williamses a chance to play on the Stadium Courts. So with Masha always being on a Stadium Court, either Lindsay or Kim had to be thrown out. I guess Lindsay got unlucky this time...

bis2806
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Aww, i'm so sorry :( Stupid wimbledon organisers! How can they put lindsay on court 2 again!!!

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
they've put Serena on centre twice over the reigning champion. interesting :) and considering i'm sure they'll put the WS match on centre should they both make it, i wonder how Maria feels about that.

TomTennis
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:02 PM

dont worry.

I was on center court yesterday, but left during the Henman match to go and watch Venus on court 2. There is a freee standing bit at the back. It is a really good view!!!!!!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!! :worship:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Maybe its because Maria and Lindsay have thrashed their first round opponents whereas Serena has struggled, so, the Serena match could have more excitment than a 0 and 2 whooping? (along with the facts shes a double champion)

I'm sure they'll put Kim v Linds and Serena v Venus on Centre for Monday :woohoo: They had better be on the same court anyway.

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Serena back on center court where she belongs- my two favorite players on center court tomorrow... I'd like to see both Kim and Serena back on C.Court come next Saturday!!!!

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Serena back on center court where she belongs- my two favorite players on center court tomorrow... I'd like to see both Kim and Serena back on C.Court come next Saturday!!!!

That'd be nice, if not Serena then Venus.

Geisha
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Lindsay, Maria, Serena, Venus- what a day of tennis!!!

:Rawwb:
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Woooooooo!! I get to see Roberta play, finally!!!!!!!!!

:Rawwb:
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Ohhh what a great day, hopefully get to see Alyona too!

gopher
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
right now Kim gets a lot of attention and respect from the BBC, including Sue Barker. Her simplicity plus the fact she is very approachable is genuinely liked by the journalists. Furthermore, she is a comeback player and that is something the British like.
Add to this she just won Eastbourne, the fact she is Lleyton ex, etcetera, and you understand she is big in the UK right now. Today they give her 20 minutes of airtime (interviews and so on)
No wonder they picked her for center court.

tyk101
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
wow. venus finally upgraded to a show court!

aNYthing
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Tomorrow is gonna be so exciting i cant wait!

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:38 PM
whats the weather forecast for tomorrow?!

manu
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:34 PM
whats the weather forecast for tomorrow?!

Cloudy, most probably dry, and a chance of some brightness later on. A lot cooler than previous days (+- 21°C)

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:44 PM
right now Kim gets a lot of attention and respect from the BBC, including Sue Barker. Her simplicity plus the fact she is very approachable is genuinely liked by the journalists. Furthermore, she is a comeback player and that is something the British like.
Add to this she just won Eastbourne, the fact she is Lleyton ex, etcetera, and you understand she is big in the UK right now. Today they give her 20 minutes of airtime (interviews and so on)
No wonder they picked her for center court.

true, I mean I have a lot of respect for Kim but usually Kim's early round matches are kind of boring coz she always trashes everyone till she reaches the later stages. Thus, I think it would have made better sense to put her match against Vinci tomorrow on another court rather than CC. and yes I am kind of bitter that Vee and Dani got ditched to court no.1 ;)

Rub
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:54 PM
hope this means they are gonna show the clijsters match...

waratahsrock
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:11 AM
we get the 'world feed' over here in nz, hope like hell they show maria v srebotnik - but the'll prob show federer. and they better show venus v dani - should be a very interesting match.

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I hope we get to see:

Venus vs. Hantuchova (amazing potential!) and Kim vs. Vinci (haven't seen Roby play, sounds like a nice contrast of styles)

Serena WILL roll over Craybas. She played amazing opponents in the first two rounds, and IMO Maria/Lindsay/Venus would have at least lost a set to both of them, so kudos to Serena for pulling through. But Jill has no weapons, and hardly exists off green clay.

Maria should roll too, probably 6-3 6-4.