PDA

View Full Version : Myskina, Dementieva To Be on Russian Fed Cup Team vs. USA

pierce0415
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
According to Nastya's post-match interview, she and Elena D will be on the Russian squad. She said that she will be in Moscow as part of the team even if she realized that she may not be selected to play. ;)

This is not really a surprise as Nastya was responsible for winning Fed Cup last year and Dementieva carried Russia past Italy earlier in the QF.

Who do you think will comprise the remainder of the team? I think it will be Sveta and Elena L (for doubles)

Lady
Sveta/Vera probably

Grice
awww that'll be thrilling ! and with the Williams sisters and Davenport competing against them!

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:01 PM
This is a helper for the US!! If the US can get Lindsay and Venus/Serena, then the US is for sure in the final!!

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Likhovtseva will probably be on the team for doubles (as she's played with a few of the Russian players as it is.) Probably Svetlana.

blumaroo
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:04 PM
the highest american player will play against the highest ranked russian? And same for the second highest ranked American vs secon highest ranked Russian etc?
So we would get Elena D-Lindsay
Sveta or Nastya against Serena

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Erm, a Fed-Cup tie has 4 singles matches...

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:07 PM
This is a helper for the US!! If the US can get Lindsay and Venus/Serena, then the US is for sure in the final!!

Oh yeah, they'll have a real walkover... :rolleyes:

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM

Yeah, walkover.. If by the time of the match some of their players are actually able to walk.. One has thigh that hurts, the other has knee, the third has ankle.. Chances of all of them being healthy are .. not that good..

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM

May I care to ask how many Slams either of your players have won? 1!! Yeah, Lindsay:3, Venus:4, and Serena:7!! It won't be easy, but these players are defiantly beatable!! Neither is in great form. But I guess you could say that about Venus and Serena too.

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah sorry about that, might have seemed more agressive than it was. :)
Just saying that it won't be easy for either of them.
And indeed all of them are defeatable, Russia and USA alike. :)

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah sorry about that, might have seemed more agressive than it was. :)
Just saying that it won't be easy for either of them.
And indeed all of them are defeatable, Russia and USA alike. :)

All is mended!!

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Lucky me :p

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Lucky me :p

I guess!!(lol)

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
:rolls:

Lady
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:43 PM
May I care to ask how many Slams either of your players have won? 1!! Yeah, Lindsay:3, Venus:4, and Serena:7!! It won't be easy, but these players are defiantly beatable!! Neither is in great form. But I guess you could say that about Venus and Serena too.

They will play on CLAY! Red one.
So 1-1 in slams for then on that surface.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:46 PM
so whoever wins will go into the finals?

then GO RUSSIA!

franny
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
The U.S has the better players, but on clay, Russia definitely has an edge. If Myskina can get her act together, Russia will be tough to beat. I see it really coming down to the doubles. I think that Dementieva will beat Davenport on this surface. I think that Serena will win both her matches, unless unforced errors undo her. The only match I'm really sure of is the Dementieva-Davenport match. The rest are up in the air.