PDA

View Full Version : Sesil said, "I'll kick her ass off"

Julia1968
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/sl_price/06/23/dispatch.three/index.html

Maybe it's that her opponent, the 52nd-ranked Sesil Karatantcheva, made the mistake of predicting before her first meeting with Sharapova last year that she would, "kick her ass off." Sharapova crushed Karatantcheva in the blazing sunshine out on Court 1, serving supremely, blasting unanswerable ground strokes off both wings and from every angle and winning 6-0, 6-1 in a cruise-control 46 minutes. Karatantcheva remained cheekily unrepentant after. "I meant what I said; I'm not sorry," she said. "Who knows? Maybe I'll say it again sometime."

tennislover
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:30 PM
no comment

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Oh ok. Seeing as it happened like a year and a half ago, I couldn't really care less.

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Sesil, get over yourself you big nosed ugly littled bitch. I'm 17 and I WOULD NEVER DATE YOU IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!

Edward.
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I bet Maria regrets being kind enough to donate a single game to her.

Brooks.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I bet Maria regrets being kind enough to donate a single game to her.

do u honestly think she actually let the game go :rolleyes: .........trust me maria would much rather have won 0 and 0......... :rolleyes:

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM
oh so that was what she said. then Maria just gave her a dose of Reality but i do believe that Maria would preffer to take her 6-0 6-0 then let her win 1 game or even 1 point

Louis Cyphre
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
:lol: "I meant what I said; I'm not sorry," she said. "Who knows? Maybe I'll say it again sometime."
In fact Sesil didnt said that but if you want you can believe that

Edward.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:23 PM
do u honestly think she actually let the game go :rolleyes: .........trust me maria would much rather have won 0 and 0......... :rolleyes:

I sure do.

She wins every single point in the second set. Apart from the four that won Sesil the game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

_LuCaS_
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
:lol: :devil: she's just a kid...it's good to have a positive attitude though :lol:

Brooks.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I sure do.

She wins every single point in the second set. Apart from the four that won Sesil the game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

well believe it or not and this may come as a shock to you..........maria sharapova isnt perfect :rolleyes:

Edward.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
well believe it or not and this may come as a shock to you..........maria sharapova isnt perfect :rolleyes:

I never said she was.

What does that have to do with deliberately tanking a game for Sesil's benefit?

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
if she did back it up it would have been hilarious.

but she got beat in Miami. and she got her clock cleaned today. so yawn.

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
well believe it or not and this may come as a shock to you..........maria sharapova isnt perfect :rolleyes:Perfect on grass so far this year.
And last year.
http://img237.echo.cx/img237/3503/031ct.jpg

CooCooCachoo
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM

That is an understatement for my money :tape:

manu32
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
another big mouth.....and boring tennis......

Vincent
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM
That's one hilarious comment. :tape:

Alecia Moore
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:07 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/sl_price/06/23/dispatch.three/index.html

Maybe it's that her opponent, the 52nd-ranked Sesil Karatantcheva, made the mistake of predicting before her first meeting with Sharapova last year that she would, "kick her ass off." Sharapova crushed Karatantcheva in the blazing sunshine out on Court 1, serving supremely, blasting unanswerable ground strokes off both wings and from every angle and winning 6-0, 6-1 in a cruise-control 46 minutes. Karatantcheva remained cheekily unrepentant after. "I meant what I said; I'm not sorry," she said. "Who knows? Maybe I'll say it again sometime."

:haha:

Josh B.
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Sesil is quite the big head it seems! :rolleyes:

good to see her get dumped into reality by Maria yesterday

Oizo
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:40 PM
:haha: She is lucky to have won a game :devil:

Lemonskin.
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Perfect on grass so far this year.
And last year.
:bowdown:

Chunchun
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:16 AM
:haha: Sesil :haha: i love you!! :haha:

WIMBLY2004
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Good, now Maria is motivated to keep bageling her in the furture :devil:

TFan1156
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Sports writers are of the most unreliable of journalists, and often do not allude to their sources. Where did Sesil say this and to whom? Entertainment is typically the sport`s writer`s trade, not accuracy. The absurd match analysis tells you that... Maria played half-ass and frankly was smart to not try and play any better. Sesil was a no show. Why waste the energy or any greater risk of injury at the big dance? Take the gift, wipe what sweat you may have off your brow off, blow your kisses and get a massage. Well maybe Sesil will say it again. :lol: But would be best to do so before a clay court match and when she is determined to come play tennis...

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Perfect on grass so far this year.
And last year.

i meant perfect in the sense that she doesnt win every single pt. of every single match yada yada yada.......some of these 12 year old boys seem to be of the impression that maria would have to purposely lose 4 pts. in order to lose a game in the match :rolleyes:

tennisrox
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Women's tennis=boring crap on court,unlimited entertainment off it :lol:

switz
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Women's tennis=boring crap on court,unlimited entertainment off it :lol:

i'd put it a bitmore eloquently but i agree with your basic sentiment.

Read some of the stuff Sesil said in Australis after some of her loses - she was very grounded and seemed mature beyond her years.

What was she 13 when she said that stuff about Sharapova? How sad that people want to get so fired up about what a girl that young has to say.

@m@nd@
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:46 AM
:lol:
it's ok she will get better

TFan1156
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:24 AM
i'd put it a bitmore eloquently but i agree with your basic sentiment.

Read some of the stuff Sesil said in Australis after some of her loses - she was very grounded and seemed mature beyond her years.

What was she 13 when she said that stuff about Sharapova? How sad that people want to get so fired up about what a girl that young has to say.

Good post. Let us face it people, we are all on the outside trying to look in. We really do not know these player`s worlds... Is probably a standing joke between the two girls, bet they are cordial, both out of IMG, both very Americanized. Might even have one another`s cell phone numbers. :lol: But that does not make for viewer ratings, sell tickets, or magazines. It`s hype, which I do myself in here to get long threads started. :lol: Whether it be truth or fiction, people do not like boredom. Entertainment people, "I am an entertainer." Serena Williams

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:52 AM
isnt this comment like REALLY OLD?? Anyways besides that, I thought she said that she didnt really mean that comment because she was "only 14 years old" and still really immature. And now she says this? or is it fabricated?

Rub
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM
little girls....

random fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
For those who actually were to lazy to go to the page and readthe rest of the article:

But that was before she knew the extent of her defeat. At 6-0, 3-0 in the second, Sharapova felt it necessary to save Karatantcheva's dignity since she couldn't do so herself, losing that one game on purpose so as not to deal out the dreaded double-bagel. Then, pleased with her charitable act, she proceeded to humiliate her opponent further by telling the worldwide press afterward. "I know how it feels to lose 0-0, and it's not a good feeling," Sharapova laughed. "So I just let it go."

Told of Sharapova's words, Karatantcheva's eyes widened. "In that case, I'd prefer I lost 6-0, 6-0," she said. "I don't take a feet-up off anybody."

But then, she didn't have a choice, did she? For the moment, Sharapova is in control of her game, her career and herself, her concentration at the point where she can actually give her opponent a game and giggle. On her side of the draw now, only the Williams sisters loom as a serious threat. In other years, that might give her pause. But they seem, well, distracted.

andrewbroad
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Told of Sharapova's words, Karatantcheva's eyes widened. "In that case, I'd prefer I lost 6-0, 6-0," she said. "I don't take a feet-up off anybody."

:rolls: :haha: :rolls:

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sizzlingsharapova/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sizzlingsharapova/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

grmbl
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Sesil, get over yourself you big nosed ugly littled bitch. I'm 17 and I WOULD NEVER DATE YOU IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!
:haha:

DragonFlame
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:37 AM
For those who actually were to lazy to go to the page and readthe rest of the article:

But that was before she knew the extent of her defeat. At 6-0, 3-0 in the second, Sharapova felt it necessary to save Karatantcheva's dignity since she couldn't do so herself, losing that one game on purpose so as not to deal out the dreaded double-bagel. Then, pleased with her charitable act, she proceeded to humiliate her opponent further by telling the worldwide press afterward. "I know how it feels to lose 0-0, and it's not a good feeling," Sharapova laughed. "So I just let it go."

But then, she didn't have a choice, did she? For the moment, Sharapova is in control of her game, her career and herself, her concentration at the point where she can actually give her opponent a game and giggle. On her side of the draw now, only the Williams sisters loom as a serious threat. In other years, that might give her pause. But they seem, well, distracted.

yeah i saw that part of an interview too on tv. she said it with such a nasty grin on her face. and thats makes sharapova an arrogant childish brat. even if you let the game go, how can you say that to the press(i still believe she just lost it though) :confused: :mad: that makes your good deed of letting it go just an arrogant act for selfpublicity.

kammgretel
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:08 AM
I love see her do it in the future. It will be soooo funny.. :crazy: :rolls:

SJW
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:20 AM
On her side of the draw now, only the Williams sisters loom as a serious threat. In other years, that might give her pause. But they seem, well, distracted.

love it :devil:

ceiling_fan
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:53 AM
sesil's is an interesting little girl :lol:

Martian Willow
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:09 AM

You broke her lil heart. :crying2:

pla
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:43 AM
You broke her lil heart. :crying2:

:haha: *dead*

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:55 AM
a bit late there
Yes, it's getting really old.

But I wouldn't mind to post Karatancheva's "kick her ass off" interview one more time.

Sesil Karatancheva’s pre-match press conference at PACIFIC LIFE OPEN, INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA on March 13, 2004:

Q. Speaking of just beating the hell out of the ball, you play Sharapova next.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, that's the match I've waited for very long time. So, trust me, I won't play 100%, I'll play 200%.

Q. Tell us what happened.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I was actually supposed to play in Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I was so prepared. I mean, it was unbelievable. I was just, "Come on the court, you'll see what happen." Then I was, you know, talking to people. You know, I was really into the match. I was like, "You know, I'm going to get there and play my best tennis, I'm going to do everything I can." The day when we were supposed to play, two hours before the match, my agent comes and he goes, "She called it off." I'm like, "Why did she call the match off?" "Because you said you going to kick her ass off." I'm like, you know what, it's my business who I'm telling I'm going to kick his ass off or not. If I said it, I meant it, and I'm not sorry about it. If she's too scared to come on the court, her problem - her problem. I was like, "Whatever. I'm going to get you."

Even then I said, "I'm going to meet you soon." It comes right next to me, right here. She can't call it off this time, that's for sure (laughter).

Q. When did that happen? How many months ago was that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Probably like a couple weeks ago.

Q. Couple weeks ago?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, a couple weeks ago.

Q. She was at the academy?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, practicing. You know what, it was probably like four days before she was going to come down here. So it was probably like two weeks ago.

Q. So you think she was really afraid to play you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know, I really do not know. But I don't think that a player from her rank can call a match off only because somebody said it's going to kick her ass off. If she had the guts, she's going to come kick my ass off and leave.

Q. This is your agent who told you that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes.

Q. What is his name?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Oliver Vanlindoff. I definitely don't think that's the way.

Q. What did Nick tell you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: He's like, "Pass it away because you going to get her. You know, calm down. Keep on practicing. Your time is going to come."

Q. Have you seen her here?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming.

Q. She knows who you are?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I don't know. I mean, you know, who knows. I mean, if she's too scared come on the court play against me, hey, she must know me.

Q. You're saying when you play her tomorrow or the next day, you're going to kick her ass?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, I say I'm going to play my best tennis. Normally when I do that, I beat people that are very good. You know, I believe in my game. I believe that my game is something I worked on a lot. I think that if I play it and if I concentrate a hundred percent on something, I can do something unbelievable tomorrow. I mean, that's the way I think. Yes, I do think I can kick her ass off. Yes, I do think that. I'm saying that, I can kick her ass off.

By the way, Karatancheva was wearing a T-shirt with the words "California Knockout" at her pre-match press conference.

And Masha won that match 3-6 6-3 6-2.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Teen star Karatancheva keeps talking the talk

Sun 06 Jun 2004

PARIS (AFP) - Bubbly Bulgarian teen Sesil Karatancheva stormed to the French Open girls title and promised to keep speaking her mind even if it does get her into hot water.

The 14-year-old, tipped to become a major star in the next few years, brushed aside Madalina Gojnea of Romania 6-4, 6-0 and then insisted that if she has something to say, she will say it.

"I'm going to keep being myself," said Karatancheva. "If I think I am doing the right thing then I am not going to shut up. I will say what I want to say. I'm fun to talk to and I will keep going."

The Bulgarian youngster was at the centre of a slanging match with fellow teen Maria Sharapova in Miami earlier this year where she claimed the Russian golden girl had been scared to practise against her and that she "would kick Sharapova's butt" in the tournament.

However, those words came back to haunt her when Sharapova won their clash in three sets.

There will be no rematch at Wimbledon as Karatancheva is limited by tour rules to the number of tournaments she can play but once she turns 15 in August, she intends to play US Open qualifiers followed by the senior women's events at the Australian and French Opens and Wimbledon in 2005.

Like many others from eastern Europe, Karatancheva is based in Florida where she trains at the Bolleteri academy and it's from there that she will launch her bid for more titles.

"This is a real big step for me but I don't consider myself a star. I'm having fun and although I'm proud to be Bulgarian, I consider myself to be a kid of the world."

pla
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:01 AM
K-LinaŠpremFan, you should maybe say also the reason of all this if you want to be accurate. Who could imagine all this started just because Nick said Sesil will be one day #1 and then the match between the two girls was canceled :lol:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Karatancheva's comment on Kournikova

Sesil Karatancheva said when asked:

Question: Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?

Karatancheva: Once they even mistook me for Kournikova while I was doing my practice. I am okay with that, although the fist time they compared me to her I thought, "Am I really such a bad player?" Now I know what they mean is I'm just as pretty. This is a compliment, but really no big deal.

pla
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Karatancheva's comment on Kournikova

Sesil Karatancheva said when asked:

:haha: That was just hilarious. Too bad she grew up :o We won't have anymore any of her humour.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:11 AM
you should maybe say also the reason of all this if you want to be accurate.
But that wasn't my reason.

I was a very big Sharapova fan from October 2003 until the end of June 2004. And I even sent a short letter to congratulate Masha after she beat Karatancheva.

pla
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM
But that wasn't my reason.

I was a very big Sharapova fan from October 2003 until the end of June 2004. And I even sent a short letter to congratulate Masha after she beat Karatacheva.

I understand this but I have so enough of all this. :rolleyes: People who keep bringing this behave even more childishly that Sesil did at that time. And btw, the reason why Maria canceled the match is not so known, so it was a good occasion to put it once again here.

10nisfanofruz
Jul 20th, 2005, 11:48 AM
SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I was actually supposed to play in Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I was so prepared. I mean, it was unbelievable. I was just, "Come on the court, you'll see what happen." Then I was, you know, talking to people. You know, I was really into the match. I was like, "You know, I'm going to get there and play my best tennis, I'm going to do everything I can." The day when we were supposed to play, two hours before the match, my agent comes and he goes, "She called it off." I'm like, "Why did she call the match off?" "Because you said you going to kick her ass off." I'm like, you know what, it's my business who I'm telling I'm going to kick his ass off or not. If I said it, I meant it, and I'm not sorry about it. If she's too scared to come on the court, her problem - her problem. I was like, "Whatever. I'm going to get you."

I think that Maria didn't want to play because of Sesil's bad mouth. :rolleyes: And by now I'm sure Sesil knew that Maria doesn't scare to play against her. The match in 2nd round of Wimbledon proved that. :tape: :lol:

alibaby
Jul 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I think that Maria didn't want to play because of Sesil's bad mouth. :rolleyes: And by now I'm sure Sesil knew that Maria doesn't scare to play against her. The match in 2nd round of Wimbledon proved that. :tape: :lol:
yes,once again a classic case of blowing a little story up like a balloon!!like pla said,its really childish!if some of you guys forgot:this is a TENNIS forum,and therefore it would be much more pleasing,if we talk about the essentials,which are the matches and NOT,what one player is "dissing" about the other!!

btw:what is your problem with her actually?she said,she will kick her ass,it did not work out,ok!!maybe next time!she just has much selfbelief.is that wrong??i dont think so!

The Pro
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:06 PM
While I admire her precociousness, Russian female players would do better not to slate Kournikova.

Anna was world #1 in doubles at one point, while never winning a title on the singles, tour, she does have some doubles titles and was a good player.

Lil Sesil has a big mouth.

Louis Cyphre
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM
So what you expect to say?
- I think that I`ll loose so I dont want to play and I will not play.

WIMBLY2004
Jul 20th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I just hope she keeps talking like that and having her ass kicked all the time, that's brilliant! :devil:

Aphrodite
Jul 20th, 2005, 11:35 PM
damn there is a lot of 14 year olds on this board in love with maria, and that doesnt bother me maria is a good player only that you are so immature in the other shit you say or in defending her.

honeyke
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:02 AM
stupid statement,sesil!