PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Austin: Venus, Serena Vunerable En Route To Sibling Showdown

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8332504/

She must be out of her mind if she thinks Serena loses to Craybas (bum ankle or not). She also said that Venus' win aginst Pratt was sloppy (not pretty, but far from sloppy) and she could lose to Daniela, although she has a 5-0* record against Daniela.

*The actual record is 6-0 and has only dropped one set (2002 AO).:rolleyes:

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
And Justine is the favorite to win Wimbledon. (No offense justine fans :) )

Stop writing Tracy.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I think Daniela will take both of them out. If not, Ivanovic or Pierce will blow one of them away in the QF. Serena isn't going to make the SF, and, if Venus manages to get there, Sharpie considers her to be private property, so...

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM
And Justine is the favorite to win Wimbledon. (No offense justine fans :) )

Stop writing Tracy.

Jon Werthiem from Sports Illustrated said the same thing.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I think Daniela will take both of them out. If not, Ivanovic or Pierce will blow one of them away in the QF. Serena isn't going to make the SF, and, if Venus manages to get there, Sharpie considers her to be private property, so...

Daniela has never beaten either one of them and I see little chance of her doing that at Wimbledon.

best best better
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I always wonder about Hantuchova because she's done absolutely nothing ever except beat a Hingis playing a match of such tactical naievity I didn't know she (Hingis) possessed. Daniela's mind is all wrong for tennis at the top level, though she could be a good player.

With shots Daniela has she should give Venus a match (but I doubt she will). Craybas could, like maybe, give Serena a problem on green clay. But even given the indifferent performances I really don't know what Tracy is talking about. Serena's been struggling, may continue to struggle, but unless Serena's ankle/foot/whatever is a problem she will win handily.

Jasmin
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I just hope the rust is off so they can keepy their winning records against their next opponents.

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM
the day that the Williams sister retire from the tour she will have nothing more to say her carrer will be over since the only thing that she knows (and BADLY) is to talk about them

jfk
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Tracy predicted that Serena would win. I'm not sure what the first two posters in this thread were reading.

Serena's form in the third set against Santangelo tells me that she's improving. With that play, she can get to the QF and beyond.

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:51 PM
just a question, i've noticed that you've adopted this style of writing a lot recentl. so...do you acknowledge there's a possibility of you being wrong? because you seem to think its a foregone conclusion that your predictions determine the outcome.

re Ms Austin, she's paid to give her opinion, and she gave it. whether she's wrong or not is irrelevant, what she says isn't law either.

SelesFan70
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Tracy :worship: Some people don't read what you say :retard:, Tracy, but I did! You said they'd meet in the 4th round.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM
just a question, i've noticed that you've adopted this style of writing a lot recentl. so...do you acknowledge there's a possibility of you being wrong? because you seem to think its a foregone conclusion that your predictions determine the outcome.

re Ms Austin, she's paid to give her opinion, and she gave it. whether she's wrong or not is irrelevant, what she says isn't law either.

If Serena were healthy, she'd make the SF w/o dropping a set. She's not healthy, and she hasn't played matches recently. Ivanovic is as good as a top eight player. No one beats top eight players with two torn apart ankles and no match toughness.

Hantuchova has played very VERY well lately, much better than Venus. Yes, Dani has dropped two sets and Venus none, but Venus has not played a top eighty player. Daniela had to play one of the most promising up and coming Russians (linetskaya,) and then another top sixty up and comer (Peer.) She managed to hit more winners than errors in both matches, and, when for the two sets she was on, she blew her opponents off court. Venus has not played with any conviction at all. She looks lost on the court. You can beat defensive players or aggressive players outside the top thirty w/o conviction on your shots, but you can't beat an aggressive player in the top thirty on grass unless you attack. Venus doesn't attack anymore.

Oh, and, as far as anyone should be concerned, the h2h is 1-0 for Venus. The Venus before the ab injury is a different player from this Venus. Just ask Mauresmo, Davenport, Farina-Elia, Sharapova, Raymond, Dementieva, Myskina, Sprem, well, you get the picture. Hantuchova is also in much much better form than she was at Miami 04.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:23 PM
If Serena were healthy, she'd make the SF w/o dropping a set. She's not healthy, and she hasn't played matches recently. Ivanovic is as good as a top eight player. No one beats top eight players with two torn apart ankles and no match toughness.

Hantuchova has played very VERY well lately, much better than Venus. Yes, Dani has dropped two sets and Venus none, but Venus has not played a top eighty player. Daniela had to play one of the most promising up and coming Russians (linetskaya,) and then another top sixty up and comer (Peer.) She managed to hit more winners than errors in both matches, and, when for the two sets she was on, she blew her opponents off court. Venus has not played with any conviction at all. She looks lost on the court. You can beat defensive players or aggressive players outside the top thirty w/o conviction on your shots, but you can't beat an aggressive player in the top thirty on grass unless you attack. Venus doesn't attack anymore.

Oh, and, as far as anyone should be concerned, the h2h is 1-0 for Venus. The Venus before the ab injury is a different player from this Venus. Just ask Mauresmo, Davenport, Farina-Elia, Sharapova, Raymond, Dementieva, Myskina, Sprem, well, you get the picture. Hantuchova is also in much much better form than she was at Miami 04.

Then why isn't she in the Top 20 and why hasn't she won any title since she and Venus last met? Venus, at her worst since her comeback in early 2004, has won three titles (which is more than at least three of the current top ten).

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:30 PM

i love Ana, as you can see by my avatar :) i dont take issue with what you said, it's the way you say it.

re. Daniela. well we've been hearing so much the past 3 years. that's all i'm gonna say.

Shenay La Soul
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
The Williams sisters haven't shown any reason in 2 rounds to give anyone the confidence that they could win the tournament. Austin's skepticism is warranted.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
The Williams sisters haven't shown any reason in 2 rounds to give anyone the confidence that they could win the tournament. Austin's skepticism is warranted.

Who said anything about wnining the tournament? We are just talking about Rounds 3 and 4. At this point, IMO, anyone could win this tournament.

rottweily
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Jon Werthiem from Sports Illustrated said the same thing.

So many people said Justine would win it, but she fooled them all :worship:

Shenay La Soul
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Who said anything about wnining the tournament? We are just talking about Rounds 3 and 4. At this point, IMO, anyone could win this tournament.

Thatís my opinion about the Williams sisters. Theyíve been so unreliable as of late that an upset by Craybas isnít out of the question and Hantuchova ousting Venus is highly possible.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Thatís my opinion about the Williams sisters. Theyíve been so unreliable as of late that an upset by Craybas isnít out of the question and Hantuchova ousting Venus is highly possible.

Both are highly possible, if we were talking about any other surface. But on grass, I see it as possible, but highly unlikely.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
So many people said Justine would win it, but she fooled them all :worship:

Yes, she did.

tennisIlove09
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Well then, I guess the Venus-Serena H2H is 1-0 for Venus as well :D :rolleyes: :o

Nabalonge
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Everything is one match at a time. We will have to see and hopefully it goes well for both and then the winner of their match if they get to that point. I'm hoping that it gets to that point and again, we'll just have to see.

Julia1968
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:41 PM

She must be out of her mind if she thinks Serena loses to Craybas (bum ankle or not). She also said that Venus' win aginst Pratt was sloppy (not pretty, but far from sloppy) and she could lose to Daniela, although she has a 5-0* record against Daniela.

Sign of greatness: defeating two qualifiers in three sets.

*Karen*
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Mentally Daniela is terrible at the moment she just doesn't have any belief and I don't think she'll get away with it against a Williams sister. I think Venus has played well so far this week. I think vee will win but it could go either way. Daniela knows anyone can beat Venus at the moment and vice versa.

As for Serena she struggled against Haynes and Santangelo so what's so different about Craybas.

GoDominique
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Well, she should have spelled "Craybus" correctly.

darrinbaker00
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Daniela has never beaten either one of them and I see little chance of her doing that at Wimbledon.
Silvia Farina Elia was 0-for-Venus before this year as well, Liz.....

Tracy didn't say that they would both lose in the third round; she just said that they were vulnerable, and she's right. If Hantuchova is on her game and Venus plays the way she did against Nicole Pratt, Venus WILL lose.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM

Sign of "greatness":

Routing a 15 year old unseeded player and then saying you let her win the game because you didn't want to double bagel her.:rolleyes:

Julia1968
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Sign of "greatness":

Routing a 15 year old unseeded player and then saying you let her win the game because you didn't want to double bagel her.:rolleyes:

Wasn't that the same 15 year old girl that kicked Venus' @ss at the French???

lizchris
Silvia Farina Elia was 0-for-Venus before this year as well, Liz.....

Tracy didn't say that they would both lose in the third round; she just said that they were vulnerable, and she's right. If Hantuchova is on her game and Venus plays the way she did against Nicole Pratt, Venus WILL lose.

Not that it matters, but I think Venus was slightly injured in that match, which contributed to her loss.

faboozadoo15
Sign of "greatness":

well at least there was something 'great' about it :tape:

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM

Winning in three sets isn't an ass kicking. If that's the case, Serena kicked her opponent's ass yesterday.

tennisIlove09
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM

No it was the same girl that was given a win by her opponents 55 unforced errors :angel:

darrinbaker00
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM
You're absolutely right, Julia. Losing to Eleni Daniilidou in the first round is MUCH better.

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:49 PM
You're absolutely right, Julia. Losing to Eleni Daniilidou in the first round is MUCH better.
good point.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:49 PM
No it was the same girl that was given a win by her opponents 55 unforced errors :angel:

Good point.:worship:

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:50 PM

:haha: :haha:

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM
A perfect example of words coming back to bite you on the ass... nuff' said!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM
You're absolutely right, Julia. Losing to Eleni Daniilidou in the first round is MUCH better.:tape:

anyway, I think Mboyle does have a point. Venus has not been the same player since her ab injury. She has lost to players she has never lost to before and lost head to heads she was winning easily. She isnt the same player and if she isnt on her toes Daniela will Take her out. I mean its not like Lisay Raymond and Molik didn't take her out of the Aussie the past two years. Having said that I think she will beat daniela in two tough sets.

With Serena who knows?? She wasn't exactly in top form in aussie land but she won the title. And as everyone knows if you arent out you still have a chance. As long as serena is in it she is a threat for the title.

I think both will get through to play each other. And if Venus beats Serena I think she will meet Maria and my head says lose to her. If Serena gets through I think she has a shot at Maria.

I mean lets face it: maria has had a cake walk. She's fresh. She's played a warm up tournament and she won. Serena hasn't played much at all, shes wobbly, and toughing out matches she should win easily.

I hope both Venus and Serena will suprise me.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:02 PM
:tape:

anyway, I think Mboyle does have a point. Venus has not been the same player since her ab injury. She has lost to players she has never lost to before and lost head to heads she was winning easily. She isnt the same player and if she isnt on her toes Daniela will Take her out. I mean its not like Lisay Raymond and Molik didn't take her out of the Aussie the past two years. Having said that I think she will beat daniela in two tough sets.

With Serena who knows?? She wasn't exactly in top form in aussie land but she won the title. And as everyone knows if you arent out you still have a chance. As long as serena is in it she is a threat for the title.

I think both will get through to play each other. And if Venus beats Serena I think she will meet Maria and my head says lose to her. If Serena gets through I think she has a shot at Maria.

I mean lets face it: maria has had a cake walk. She's fresh. She's played a warm up tournament and she won. Serena hasn't played much at all, shes wobbly, and toughing out matches she should win easily.

I hope both Venus and Serena will suprise me.

Venus had the same ab injury Juan Carlos Ferrero had a few years ago and he is just getting back to where he was when he won the FO. What's surprising about her is that she has acually come back better than him because he had a big fall in the rankings and at a couple of the GS, wasn't even seeded.

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Venus had the same ab injury Juan Carlos Ferrero had a few years ago and he is just getting back to where he was when he won the FO. What's surprising about her is that she has acually come back better than him because he had a big fall in the rankings and at a couple of the GS, wasn't even seeded.

Comparing Venus to a man. I see. Well, I guess that since there isnít much to cheer about with her current tennis form you have to resort to such extremes.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Comparing Venus to a man. I see. Well, I guess that since there isnít much to cheer about with her current tennis form you have to resort to such extremes.

I wasn't comparing her to a man; I was comparing her injury to his and her progress. If you can't see that, then there isn't much more to say to you.

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I don't know why everyone is getting on Vee's back so much for :( Something I discovered yesterday is that following a match from a scoreboard on the internet and actually watching it on tv are completely differant. Based from following Vee's match on the net yesterday and just looking at the statistics, I thought she played really poorly but then I saw quite a bit of the match on tv last night and first of all, people don't seem to give Pratt any credit - she was like a wall out there, just running down loads of balls. Secondly, Vee played some great tennis when she needed to and that is the most important thing. It was not like Pratt handed the match to her at the end, Vee had to dig deep and come up with some super tennis to oust the spirited challenge from her opponent. So bearing all this in mind, I think Vee is playing pretty well, as long as she just maanges to balance out her winners/errors ratio she should be able to handle Hantuchova.

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I wasn't comparing her to a man; I was comparing her injury to his and her progress. If you can't see that, then there isn't much more to say to you.

However you want to rationalize it, Liz, however you want to rationalize it.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I don't know why everyone is getting on Vee's back so much for :( Something I discovered yesterday is that following a match from a scoreboard on the internet and actually watching it on tv are completely differant. Based from following Vee's match on the net yesterday and just looking at the statistics, I thought she played really poorly but then I saw quite a bit of the match on tv last night and first of all, people don't seem to give Pratt any credit - she was like a wall out there, just running down loads of balls. Secondly, Vee played some great tennis when she needed to and that is the most important thing. It was not like Pratt handed the match to her at the end, Vee had to dig deep and come up with some super tennis to oust the spirited challenge from her opponent. So bearing all this in mind, I think Vee is playing pretty well, as long as she just maanges to balance out her winners/errors ratio she should be able to handle Hantuchova.

You are 100% correct. I saw highlights of the match and the way she securred set point was great.:worship: You are also correct about Pratt running down and returning a lot of balls. I tought that was impressive comsidering she is 32 years old.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
However you want to rationalize it, Liz, however you want to rationalize it.

I wasn't the first one to say that; someone else mentioned that on TV last year during one of her matches, so I am just repeating what I heard.

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I wasn't the first one to say that; someone else mentioned that on TV last year during one of her matches, so I am just repeating what I heard.

How convenient. It becomes rote for a lot you, doesn't it?

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:26 PM

What the hell does that mean?

I was just repsonding to what someone else says. It is true that her serving hasn't been the same since her injury. Why can't the person bring it up? Venus is allowed to be injured.:rolleyes:

Brooks.
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM

if you weren't such a :retard: you would realize wtf you are saying.........serena has faced one qualifier and venus hasn't even lost a set....... how's the baby jules.......when are you due??? :tape: :lol: :lol: ....what a joke you are :wavey:

Brooks.
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM

:tape: ..........what a :retard:

hotandspicey
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Sign of greatness: defeating two qualifiers in three sets.Sign of greatness: Reigning French Open Champ, losing in first round of Wimbledon, to someone ranked outside the top 75. :rolleyes: Especially when she was the undisputed favorite to win the title. :rolleyes:

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
What the hell does that mean?

A memorizing process using routine or repetition, often without full attention or comprehension: learn by rote.

I was just repsonding to what someone else says. It is true that her serving hasn't been the same since her injury. Why can't the person bring it up? Venus is allowed to be injured.:rolleyes:

Sheís allowed to work with a personal trainer and/or go to a gym as well.

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM
A memorizing process using routine or repetition, often without full attention or comprehension: learn by rote.

She had an AB TEAR. An internal injury like that has to heal naturally.

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM

OMG ROTFLMFAO. poor Henin, but whatever good comeback ;)

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
She had an AB TEAR. An internal injury like that has to heal naturally.

Gotcha. Speaking of, when is her shaky forehand going to heel?

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Gotcha. Speaking of, when is her shaky forehand going to heel?

when she goes toe another coach? :)

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:08 PM

Is she independent enough to do that?

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Tracy also spelt poor Jill's name wrong! It's not CrayBUS, it's Craybas!

But after re-reading the article... I guess Tracy has some points and she isn't really bashing this sisters at all. I overreacted before. I'm sorry Tracy! :wavey:

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM

At 25 years old, I'd say so.

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Tracy also spelt poor Jill's name wrong! It's not CrayBUS, it's Craybas!

Craybas was not her focus the sisters were.

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Craybas was not her focus the sisters were.True but... if you're going to write an article it's not asking a lot to get all your facts and spelling right beforehand.

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM
True but... if you're going to write an article it's not asking a lot to get all your facts and spelling right beforehand.

It just shows her whole purpose was to question the WS so whether getting Craybas' name right was of no importance to her.

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM

did you hear that sound?

pigam
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:29 PM
why can't people accept she gives an opinion.
it's her job. why do you care so much?
last time, she was wrond, so rejoice that she predicts this kinda stuff :shru:
why most of you have to drag in Justine is beyond me. But of course, Julia is Justine's biggest fan :rolleyes: :yeah:

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
At 25 years old, I'd say so.

Can she take that kind of initiative or is it against the tenets of Jehovah?

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
did you hear that sound?

Did Venus do her trademark shriek?

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Did Venus do her trademark shriek?

lol. read your forehand post again. then read my response.
its ok. yours doesn't seem to be the only head it went over :)

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I just think that if Venus and Serena would say tomorrow that they both were retiring, all of the hater commentators...Mary C., Pam S., MaryJo F., Tracey A., Chrissy E., and Martin N. would all breathe a big collective sigh of relief..."ahhhhhhhh those fiesty negro girls are gone. :p "

I mean come on Tracey, Serena's winning, but because she's not winning pretty she should have stayed home? :confused: What kind of sense does that make?

Venus is No. 16 with 4 grand slams and has had a string of losses, this match is a toss up. Because even though Daniela has never won a slam, has never beaten Venus on any surface and hasn't won anything since Indian Wells 2002 she's worked herself back in the top 25, she's a good fast court player with a big serve and excellent volley (doesn't that sound like Venus? :scratch: ). Hellooo why all the positives for Daniela and not Vee? Their articles are always so negative toward the sisters. It's so fraustrating sometimes. Yes, Vee has been struggling, but so has Daniela so why not give the edge to Venus with her experience and talent?

pigam
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:37 PM
did you hear that sound?
you mean "swoop" :p ;)

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:40 PM
lol. read your forehand post again. then read my response.
its ok. yours doesn't seem to be the only head it went over :)

Heel, Toe. Gotcha. Clever. Like Venus' alternate strategy in tight matches. ;)

Marie Waggedorn
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I just think that if Venus and Serena would say tomorrow that they both were retiring, all of the hater commentators...Mary C., Pam S., MaryJo F., Tracey A., Chrissy E., and Martin N. would all breathe a big collective sigh of relief..."ahhhhhhhh those fiesty negro girls are gone. :p "

I mean come on Tracey, Serena's winning, but because she's not winning pretty she should have stayed home? :confused: What kind of sense does that make?

Venus is No. 16 with 4 grand slams and has had a string of losses, this match is a toss up. Because even though Daniela has never won a slam, has never beaten Venus on any surface and hasn't won anything since Indian Wells 2002 she's worked herself back in the top 25, she's a good fast court player with a big serve and excellent volley (doesn't that sound like Venus? :scratch: ). Hellooo why all the positives for Daniela and not Vee? Their articles are always so negative toward the sisters. It's so fraustrating sometimes. Yes, Vee has been struggling, but so has Daniela so why not give the edge to Venus with her experience and talent?

Another response on rote: submit constructive criticism = hater. :yawn:

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Another response on rote: submit constructive criticism = hater. :yawn:
Who's this?? Julia or Leena with another ID? :D

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Who's this?? Julia or Leena with another ID? :D

Julia, I peeped game a long time ago.

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Why didn't anyone say this when Justine struggled the whole French Open? Did she win any matches that didn't go three sets? :confused: Yet, she was the favorite to win that slam because she had won it before, even though she was still recouperating from that "mystery illness". Serena is recouperating from a fractured ankle, she's won Wimbledon twice before and made it to the finals last year. She may be going three sets, but she's winning. Some of you even predicted Justine to win Wimbledon, but we see the result of that prediction, so I don't think I'll give up on either Venus or Serena until either of them loses.

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Are you just a little upset Angela didn't win against Serena? :hehehe:

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:01 PM
:lol:

Alecia Moore
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:09 PM

Alecia Moore

Denise4925
I definitely think Vee is playing in much better form than Rena and I never thought I'd say that, but after I saw Vee's match last night, I thought hmmm, she's looking pretty good. That forehand is looking great and so are her serves and volleys. She had trouble with her backhand yesterday and MaryJo explained that sometimes when you work so hard on your weakest weapon, you forget about your strongest weapon, and I'm sure her dad told her that and is working on it with her. So, now all Vee has to do in the next round is put it all together. I think she will. Serena needs to start off the match excited and strong. That weak shit she put in first round with those powder puff serves looked like the last set of the YEC last year when she injured her stomach. Then when she saw she was losing she turned her game up. Actually to tell the truth, I don't think Serena felt like playing yesterday. I hope she feels like it tomorrow.

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM

Maybe you need to read the definition again. Liz must have paid attention and had full comprehension because she applied what she heard correctly in an altogether different scenario than what was given on TV when she heard it, I'm sure. ;) Try again Leena/Jules. :)

Where's Dawn so she can rub Jules' head. :p

Denise4925
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:16 PM
:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha:

lizchris
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Can she take that kind of initiative or is it against the tenets of Jehovah?

I don't know; why don't you call him (Jehovah)?

TeamUSA#1
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Why didn't anyone say this when Justine struggled the whole French Open? Did she win any matches that didn't go three sets? :confused: Yet, she was the favorite to win that slam because she had won it before, even though she was still recouperating from that "mystery illness". Serena is recouperating from a fractured ankle, she's won Wimbledon twice before and made it to the finals last year. She may be going three sets, but she's winning. Some of you even predicted Justine to win Wimbledon, but we see the result of that prediction, so I don't think I'll give up on either Venus or Serena until either of them loses.

I kinda see what you are saying, but I think many thought Justine was the favorite at the FO because 1. she had won 3 clay titles in a row going into the FO and 2. she is famous for her 3 set comeback wins.

she did have a couple of easy wins on her way to the FO title
FRENCH OPEN - 2005 See all FRENCH OPEN Results for HENIN-HARDENNE
GRAND SLAM, FRANCE, June 4, 2005, $5,301,154, CLAY (O)
Draw: 128M/128Q/64D, Rank: 12, Seed/Entry: 10

Rnd Opponent Rank W/L Score
R128 H2H MARTINEZ, CONCHITA ESP 45 W 6-0 4-6 6-4
R64 H2H RUANO PASCUAL, VIRGINIA ESP 66 W 6-1 6-4
R32 H2H MEDINA GARRIGUES, ANABEL ESP 34 W 4-6 6-2 6-3
R16 H2H (6) KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 7 W 7-6(6) 4-6 7-5
Q H2H (2) SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 2 W 6-4 6-2
S H2H (7) PETROVA, NADIA RUS 9 W 6-2 6-3 F H2H
(21) PIERCE, MARY FRA 23 W 6-1 6-1

Serena hasn't played in months, and won no grass titles leading into Wimbly-- her preperation hasnt been great-- no fault of her own due to the damn ankle injury. I think Venus is off to a pretty solid start and probably will beat Serena WHEN they meet in the 4th round. From there Vee should have a straight shot to the SFs.....

udachi Elena
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM
keep writing tracy, your predictions are correct more often than brad gilberts!

RVD
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:25 PM

*The actual record is 6-0 and has only dropped one set (2002 AO).:rolleyes:I'm just amazed that they still let Tracy Predict anything. :lol:

Prizeidiot
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM
I don't think there is any way Serena can lose.

Venus on the other hand, did look a little vulnerable against Pratt. And is facing a potentially dangerous opponent in Hantuchova. She might lose, even though she owns Daniela.

DevilishAttitude
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Tracy Austin does seem to hate the Williams sisters... with a venom. :o

I'll be stunned if they lose a set in there matches.

Julia's an alias :sad: If it is Leena though :wavey:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM

Venus on the other hand, did look a little vulnerable against Pratt. And is facing a potentially dangerous opponent in Hantuchova. She might lose, even though she owns Daniela.

She won 7-5 6-3, is 7-0 lifetime against Daniela and has not dropped a set to her in 3.5 years.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:23 PM

:tape: :tape: :lol: :lol: :lol:

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
impressive tracy

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Jill Craybus certainly shut all those Tracy HATERS up. :D

Borris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
lmao!!!

LeRoy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM

:haha:

Where's lizchris ? :)

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
This thread is a testament to idiocy.. :rolls: I am saving it all before lizcris deletes it.. :lol:

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:16 PM
TRACY YOU STILL ROCK!!!

:worship:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:28 PM
This thread is a testament to idiocy.. :rolls: I am saving it all before lizcris deletes it.. :lol:

Why should I delete it? She was still wrong because she thought Venus was going to lose, not Serena, but it was the other way around.

And I am not an idiot. I think you are the one who condoned the lynching of blacks in another thred. If that isn't being an idiot, I don't what is.

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM
She must be out of her mind if she thinks Serena loses to Craybas (bum ankle or not) :rolleyes:

hehehe

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:32 PM

Plumb crazy and out of her mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:32 PM
:haha:

Where's lizchris ? :)

I'm right here.:rolleyes:

Oh, and BTW, I think Venus will beat Jill on Monday.

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but you said she was out of her mind to think Craybas could beat SERENA

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM
TRACY YOU STILL ROCK!!!

:worship:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.........u are so pathetic

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I'm right here.:rolleyes:

Oh, and BTW, I think Venus will beat Jill on Monday.
Which has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM

IMO, she was.

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but you turned out to be the one who was WRONG. So when you talk shit, you have to be prepared to eat shit. :)

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Which has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

She said something about hioping Jill beating Venus in another thread.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah, but you turned out to be the one who was WRONG. So when you talk shit, you have to be prepared to eat shit. :)

Actually, she was wrong too because she still believed that Serena was going to beat Jill. In fact, she thought Serena had a better chance to move onto the fourth round than Venus did, so I guess she will eating that same shit.:rolleyes:

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:54 PM

Yeah, she did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:03 PM
And I am not an idiot. I think you are the one who condoned the lynching of blacks in another thred. If that isn't being an idiot, I don't what is.

You know.. You are lucky we are not in real world here.. Otherwise you would be busy getting a lawyer ( someone like your best friend Denise6969 ) specialising in slander cases..

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Actually, she was wrong too because she still believed that Serena was going to beat Jill. In fact, she thought Serena had a better chance to move onto the fourth round than Venus did, so I guess she will eating that same shit.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter. I'm not defending Tracy. I'm saying YOU were wrong for saying that anyone was out of their mind for thinking Serena couldn't lose to Craybas. And now you are showing yourself a fool because you won't even admit you were WRONG.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, she did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

again what do u guys want to talk about.........williams fans dont hide like pathetic trolls..........where were u for 2 days after justine lost .......let me guess in labor :lol: :lol: :lol:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
You know.. You are lucky we are not in real world here.. Otherwise you would be busy getting a lawyer ( someone like your best friend Denise6969 ) specialising in slander cases..

Actually, I wouldn't because you can only be sued for slander if you SAY something untruthful to hurt someone. I think the word you are looking for is libel.

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM
can we change the title of this thread to: All Hail Queen Tracy?

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Doesn't matter. I'm not defending Tracy. I'm saying YOU were wrong for saying that anyone was out of their mind for thinking Serena couldn't lose to Craybas. And now you are showing yourself a fool because you won't even admit you were WRONG.

I was half wrong, because I was RIGHT about Venus and WRONG aobut Serena.

Are you happy now? I guess now you can go to sleep happy that a Williams sister isn't in week two of a Slam.:rolleyes:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:20 PM
can we change the title of this thread to: All Hail Queen Tracy?

Why don't you start your own thread about Tracy?

She was still wrong about Venus, so I don't see where that would make her a queen.

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Why don't you stop crying and being such an easy target...the idea of predictions is making a guess who's going to win.. if she could predict and be right everytime what the hell would be the point...How pathetic are you to have to come back and counter anything anyone says...

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I was half wrong, because I was RIGHT about Venus and WRONG aobut Serena.

Are you happy now? I guess now you can go to sleep happy that a Williams sister isn't in week two of a Slam.:rolleyes:

I can go to sleep happy knowing you've looked like an ass once again. :)

I'm much happier that Guille came from two sets down to win today. Having Serena lose just adds a bit of humor to my day because I remembered what you said on this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Why don't you stop crying and being such an easy target...the idea of predictions is making a guess who's going to win.. if she could predict and be right everytime what the hell would be the point...How pathetic are you to have to come back and counter anything anyone says...

I started the therad and I can counter whatever the hell I want.

For starters, I am not crying. I didn' think Serena would lose this early and I didn't think she had a chance against her sister if she made it that far. Unlike you and all of the others who either resent or hate the sisters, I don't cream in my pants when a player I don't care for loses.:rolleyes:

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I started the therad and I can counter whatever the hell I want.

For starters, I am not crying. I didn' think Serena would lose this early and I didn't think she had a chance against her sister if she made it that far. Unlike you and all of the others who either resent or hate the sisters, I don't cream in my pants when a player I don't care for loses.:rolleyes:

Stop making baseless arguments, grow up a little..and why do you group venus and serena together.. I happen to like Venus a lot.. and could care less what serena does, or doesn't do.. but we're talkinga bout tracy in this thread YOU started right?

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:38 PM

I'm much happier that Guille came from two sets down to win today. Having Serena lose just adds a bit of humor to my day because I remembered what you said on this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then that proves how empty your life is, because I don't look like an ass.

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Stop making baseless arguments, grow up a little..and why do you group venus and serena together.. I happen to like Venus a lot.. and could care less what serena does, or doesn't do.. but we're talkinga bout tracy in this thread YOU started right?

I didn't group V&S together, Tracy did.

And as far as making baseless agruments and growoing up, you might want to take your own advice.

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Then that proves how empty your life is, because I don't look like an ass.

That's where you are WRONG again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hagar
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM

Yeah, it's just great. :D

waratahsrock
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:01 PM
because I don't look like an ass.

:haha: in a state of denial are we? lol, you and especially VeeReeFan (who appears to be one twisted individual who isn't yet mature enough to handle one of their fav players losses!)

Priceless!

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:02 PM
:haha: in a state of denial are we? lol, you and especially VeeReeFan (who appears to be one twisted individual who isn't yet mature enough to handle one of their fav players losses!)

Priceless!

:wavey:

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:06 PM

Priceless!

to be honest.....i am really sad because 1. serena was injured and 2. because i knew that half this board would purposely use it as some kind of vice to attack serena when in reality she was loyal enough to stay in the tournament when she committed on the first day...............i got upset and maybe said some things that were over the top but at least i didnt sit by and let people trash talk my fave player for no reason

waratahsrock
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM
to be honest.....i am really sad because 1. serena was injured and 2. because i knew that half this board would purposely use it as some kind of vice to attack serena when in reality she was loyal enough to stay in the tournament when she committed on the first day...............i got upset and maybe said some things that were over the top but at least i didnt sit by and let people trash talk my fave player for no reason

fair enough. but the query i have, is if serena is badly injured, why did she play, when she could only do more damage to herself?

and serena is not the only player on this board who cops shitloads of flak when she loses and wins. take maria for example, she cops just as much crap. and when she's winning, all the talk is about how her grunting is annoying, how yuri is annoying.

and yes, i agree, it is crap when others trash talk our favorite players.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
fair enough. but the query i have, is if serena is badly injured, why did she play, when she could only do more damage to herself?

and serena is not the only player on this board who cops shitloads of flak when she loses and wins. take maria for example, she cops just as much crap. and when she's winning, all the talk is about how her grunting is annoying, how yuri is annoying.

i dont know why serena still played......i dont really understand it......im sorry if i offended you and i gave you a bad rep so i feel free to give me one as well (karma is a bitch...i know lol)........ill give you a good one when i can and ill try not to bash maria anymore which could prove difficult lol......but ill try ;)

Prizeidiot
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:38 AM

Well... I got burned :p

deftman
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:38 AM
She must be out of her mind if she thinks Serena loses to Craybas (bum ankle or not).

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHA!!!!

You GO Tracy Austin!! To VeeReeFan and lizchris, *sniff* you poor, poor, poor souls. :( :( :( Ooooooooooooooh I can understand your pain!! But fellas, there is still light at the end of the tunnel! Don't give up hope yet! And don't try something foolish!!

Mr_Molik
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Spot on as per usual Tracey :yeah:

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Well at least she had the courage to take a stand before the outcome of the matches. Did you? It's so easy to sit back and wait.

Bravo, lizchris. :bounce: You've not only demonstrated a lack of cowardice, but also that you can predict at least as well as one well-known professional tennis commentator. Say as much as you want, and I fully support you. :)

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Well... I got burned :p

Never be ashamed of taking a stand. Never lose that confidence. Anyone can sit back and come in and say "Ha ha" after it's all said and done.
:)

ys
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Well at least she had the courage to take a stand before the outcome of the matches. Did you? It's so easy to sit back and wait.

Do you call it ridiculing someone's else blant prediction a courage?? :rolls:

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Do you call it ridiculing someone's else blant prediction a courage?? :rolls:

No. I'm saying it takes balls to make a prediction...especially on this board (as you so effectively prove). Whether lizchris ridiculed someone else's prediction or made an independent prediction on her own. It's still a prediction (as you won't let her forget). I respect courage.

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I don't respect Tracy's opinions and she's not very interesting to read. For me, she seems to really dislike the Williams Sisters and takes every opportunity to put them down, or build someone else up at their expense. I can appreciate unbiased criticism of my faves, but I can't abide hidden agendas--which is what I believe Tracy has.

I deeply dislike her.

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I don't respect Tracy's opinions and she's not very interesting to read. For me, she seems to really dislike the Williams Sisters and takes every opportunity to put them down, or build someone else up at their expense. I can appreciate unbiased criticism of my faves, but I can't abide hidden agendas--which is what I believe Tracy has.

I deeply dislike her.

me too! The way she dogged Venus at one tournament was just rediculous and made me want to vomit. :(

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:03 PM
me too! The way she dogged Venus at one tournament was just rediculous and made me want to vomit. :(

I don't read her anymore. No sense in getting angry over nonsense. LOL.

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I don't read her anymore. No sense in getting angry over nonsense. LOL.

Oh I don't read her either....this was her tv commentating....I hate to cut the volume off because I love the sound of the ball hitting the rackets, the players and the crowd. Such a predicament! :o

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Oh I don't read her either....this was her tv commentating....I hate to cut the volume off because I love the sound of the ball hitting the rackets, the players and the crowd. Such a predicament! :o

Bummer. She's still commentating.:fiery: I haven't had a chance to watch Wimbledon on TV this year. I've mainly been following IBM's online real-time scores.

I know what you mean about having to mute.

Which commentators do you like, Ketta?

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Bummer. She's still commentating.:fiery: I haven't had a chance to watch Wimbledon on TV this year. I've mainly been following IBM's online real-time scores.

I know what you mean about having to mute.

Which commentators do you like, Ketta?

I don't think she's commentating at Wimbledon but I didn't watch NBC's coverage so I'm not sure.

I don't mind the old men.....they tend to be a lot less negative even if they are boring.

It seems to be the case in tennis and real life actually....Women are way more bitchy toward women....It's sad really. :fiery:

I use to think Carillo was good and Pam was funny but in the last two years things have changed. Pam gets a good one in every now and then but she's just so damn negative it overshadows it. Carillo is just a straight up bitch who believes herself to be a better commentator than she actually is. :tape:

Bright Red
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I like McEnroe and Shriver. Carillo appears to be more concerned about how she says something than what she says. She loves using high falooting language.

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I like McEnroe and Shriver. Carillo appears to be more concerned about how she says something than what she says. She loves using high falooting language.

yeah, Mary's one of those annoying people who think if they study the dictionary and use obscure language people will look at them like they are smart. :rolleyes: When in reality, who gives a damn.

to sum up both of our points.................Mary's full of shit!

although, Mac is my favorite tennis player of all time...I couldn't stand him in the both. However, lately he has toned the Williams rhetoric down to a minimum and I haven't hated him the last couple of times I heard him.

the cat
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Rocketta, Tracy Austin works for the BBC. And she made the bold prediction right before last years Ladies final that Maria Sharapova would upset Serena Williams to win Wimbledon. Her prediction dumbfounded John McEnroe who disagreed with her. But Tracy was right.

Personally I think people get too carried away with what Tracy and other commentators say. She's a pretty good tennis analyst. But she's no Chris Evert.

manu32
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:19 PM
i never liked fifi brindacier.....and her short career but respectable was a medecine book....her commentaries about injuries are very funny from an chronic injured person...channels have to choose commentators .....

starr
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:33 PM
yeah, Mary's one of those annoying people who think if they study the dictionary and use obscure language people will look at them like they are smart. :rolleyes: When in reality, who gives a damn.

to sum up both of our points.................Mary's full of shit!

Then Serena's use (misuse) of obscure words must certainly bemuse you. :)

starr
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:39 PM

And then there is the following question: Why, if Serena is badly injured, did she say she didn't have an injury in her press conference.

Trash not lest ye also be trashed.

That's from the bible isn't it?

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
And then there is the following question: Why, if Serena is badly injured, did she say she didn't have an injury in her press conference.

the bigger question is why would she tell them that she was injured so people she has to play will know everything? That's basic sports business....you don't let on about your weakness.

Rocketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:09 PM

It does, now what your point?

not that Serena's occassional use of words is anything similar to Mary C's constant diatribes but anyway when Serena goes on needlessly I feel it's pointless. Also, I've always said Serena talks shit but she's not being serious only idiots who hang on her everyword take her exaggerations seriously same with Richard.

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I'm sure she meant a healthy Serena. Not one who's playing on a fractured ankle, with a cold in 59 degree temperatures. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
I don't litigate you idiot. And thanks, I like those numbers, bs, I mean ys. :p

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:35 AM
again what do u guys want to talk about.........williams fans dont hide like pathetic trolls..........where were u for 2 days after justine lost .......let me guess in labor :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmm, a man in labor. Now that would be a feat. :p :lol:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:37 AM

Don't have much of a life, do you?

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:40 AM
I'm sure she meant a healthy Serena. Not one who's playing on a fractured ankle, with a cold in 59 degree temperatures. :rolleyes:

Serena's immune system must be quite weak, she's had about twenty cases of the common cold or food poisoning in her short career!

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:40 AM

Were you even watching Wimbledon? She has stated countless times that she thought she could do it and because she loves Wimbledon. She was wrong. Big deal. It's not the end of the world and hopefully she will be back barring any other unfortunate circumstances next year.

Then why are you givng the fans of Serena so much hell? Would you like it? :confused:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:43 AM

Bravo, lizchris. :bounce: You've not only demonstrated a lack of cowardice, but also that you can predict at least as well as one well-known professional tennis commentator. Say as much as you want, and I fully support you. :)
Exactly and it wasn't an uneducated prediction. She was certainly in the company of Pam, Brad and MaryJo. But, Jill won under unfortunate circumstances for Serena. It was no great win.

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:45 AM

I deeply dislike her.
I totally agree and you can put ys in the same category. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Like what?

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:49 AM

Don't lie. She said her injury wasn't the cause of her loss and wasn't going to use it as an excuse. Good God, if she did, you'd have something negative to say about that. Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

No.

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Serena's immune system must be quite weak, she's had about twenty cases of the common cold or food poisoning in her short career!
Short career?? You call 10 years a short career? :confused:

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:53 AM
What kind of world are you living in, Denise??? One where you retire at 23? (or more likely, a world full of twinkies and a bottle of scotch)

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:57 AM
What kind of world are you living in, Denise??? One where you retire at 23? (or more likely, a world full of twinkies and a bottle of scotch)
What are you talking about? :confused:

RVD
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:58 AM
What kind of world are you living in, Denise??? One where you retire at 23? (or more likely, a world full of twinkies and a bottle of scotch)Deja_entendu, maybe you've already stated it, but what is your beef with Serena? You seem to REALLY hate her, and I'm curious as to why. :confused:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:04 AM

Twinkies and scotch??? That just sounds like a date with the toilet.

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Twinkies and scotch??? That just sounds like a date with the toilet.
Forget the scotch and twinkies (that just shows how young and dumb he is), I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about regarding retirement. :confused:

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Deja_entendu, maybe you've already stated it, but what is your beef with Serena? You seem to REALLY hate her, and I'm curious as to why. :confused:

Any "beef" with Serena that you think I have is simply not true, I think she's a talented player with beautiful form on all of her shots. Her fashion sense and looks are another thing, but I think most Williams fans are so out of touch with reality! So perhaps I come down too harsh on Serena because of that. Which is too bad because if I were to "dislike" either Williams sister it is certainly not Serena, but Venus, who I think is one of the least talented top players to have ever been called a top player, but that's another matter.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Any "beef" with Serena that you think I have is simply not true, I think she's a talented player with beautiful form on all of her shots. Her fashion sense and looks are another thing, but I think most Williams fans are so out of touch with reality! So perhaps I come down too harsh on Serena because of that. Which is too bad because if I were to "dislike" either Williams sister it is certainly not Serena, but Venus, who I think is one of the least talented top players to have ever been called a top player, but that's another matter.

Huh? IMO Venus is the more talented player. She was the child prodigy, while Serena was the also-ran. True, Serena is a better player but that's because she has killer instincts, loads of confidence, and better technique on her shots.

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Forget the scotch and twinkies (that just shows how young and dumb he is)

Did I hit a nerve?? Have another drink :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about regarding retirement. :confused:

Because you said ten years is a long career! So if Serena were to retire now, at 23, she would have had a long career! I'll make sure to spell it out for you in advance next time.

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Huh? IMO Venus is the more talented player. She was the child prodigy, while Serena was the also-ran. True, Serena is a better player but that's because she has killer instincts, loads of confidence, and better technique on her shots.

Technique is the key. To me, Serena is the complete tennis player of the two, with the athleticism and tennis skills. Venus, however, got by (IMO) on simply being really fast, really tall, and thus really strong, but my god her ground strokes (backhand notwithstanding) are some of the most wild, untamed things I've ever seen, and god forbid she has to hit a low volley, slice, or a lob!

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Did I hit a nerve?? Have another drink :lol:

No, you didn't hit a nerve and I don't drink. :confused: Is this some kind of fantasy or is it something you're having to deal with in your home? If so, they have Al-Anon for Teens.

Because you said ten years is a long career! So if Serena were to retire now, at 23, she would have had a long career! I'll make sure to spell it out for you in advance next time.

Who said anything about Serena retiring? :confused: You said it has been a short career. I disagree. It hasn't been a long career, but ten years on the circuit is definitely not short. Try and think about what you're saying before you type it, okay. :yeah:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Technique is the key. To me, Serena is the complete tennis player of the two, with the athleticism and tennis skills. Venus, however, got by (IMO) on simply being really fast, really tall, and thus really strong, but my god her ground strokes (backhand notwithstanding) are some of the most wild, untamed things I've ever seen, and god forbid she has to hit a low volley, slice, or a lob!
So, what's Martina's excuse for not being able to compete against, let alone beat her in 2000 and beyond?