PDA

View Full Version : (9)A. Myskina def. (17)J. Jankovic 6-0 5-7 10-8

VRee_Willario
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Well done, better than last year already! :D

RenaSlam.
Choke fest ends with a Myskina win. Good for her.

SJW
lol well done nastya! knew you would come back, even 5-1 down in the third :):kiss:

Vamos Feńa
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:10 PM
!!!What a HORROR!!!

alexusjonesfan
:woohoo: Nastya!

although I saw almost none of your match

martirogi
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

cellophane
:rocker:

SelesFan70
Anastasia, you wily player! Way to hang in there! :worship: You should have served it out in the 2nd set! :smash:

No Name Face
judging from the scoreline, you'd think this was an epic match but alas, nasty should have won this 6-0, 6-3.

i'm glad she pulled it out though...now comes the RG 2005 rematch :eek:

Chunchun
:mad: :mad: Jela :shout: :shout: CHOKER!!! :crying2:

faboozadoo15
:woohoo: great win for her. elena could be really tough for her.
hopefully she gets confidence from this tournament and we'll see more good stuff from her in the future.

ptkten
I'm so happy for Myskina right now :D

Stephieva
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
LenaD :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

greenfunkTHREE.
i'm so happy! :woohoo: :dance: :banana: :worship:

switz
yes Ana. big win!!

daffodil
Great match, Nastya!

rightous
You know what, Myskina has got alot more bottle than people give her credit, she's a legend

ginger_fish668
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Finally! What a match. Natsya! :bounce:
I was really happy seeing her smile at the end. :)

hablo
:banana::clap2:

SpikeyAidanm
Expected result, as I voted for her in my thread.

Ellery
Anastasia :woohoo: :banana: :D

Jelena :sad:

Libertango
I'm just gonna go and sit in a corner and cry.....:sad: :fiery: :bigcry: :sobbing: :tears: :crying2:

Jelena....what a chance :banghead:

Congrats Nastya *through gritted teeth*

Irish
Nastya :woohoo: :yippee: :yippee: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Shoulderpova
Nastya/LenaD match :drool: :lick:

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Well done Nastya! :worship:

Natarajasana
Way to go Nastya! I was pulling my hair out when she didn't win in the second set. At least now one of my two favorites will make it to the quarterfinals!!!
:D

charmedRic
Very Nice Win, Elena L and Anastasia have fixed my vCash!

Joana
:shrug:

tterb
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Wow. From the stats and the rollercoaster scoreline, it sounds like an error fest... But the few games ESPN deigned to show us had some very nice rallies from both players. I hope anyone who's ever called Anastasia a counterpuncher or believes she's at her best on clay courts gets the chance to watch her on grass!

Way to get through the nerves today, Anastasia. Good luck against Dementieva! Hopefully this can get your game back on track despite the personal problems. :)

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Hopefully a great match monday!

Billabong
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
NASTYAAAAAAAAAAA:banana::woohoo::bounce:!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL DONE, awesome win:kiss: continue girl:banana:!!!!!!!!!

Hantuchov
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats Nastya! :worship: :kiss: :woohoo:

What a match!!! :eek: :p

Now lose to Alyona in R4, won't you forget? ;)

Jela :sad: :hug:

jogoss_78
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Great fight win for Nastya :D
Congratulations to both players :worship: :worship:

Berlin_Calling
JELENA :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Breakaway
:woohoo: Great Job Nastya! :bounce:

auntie janie
Wow, so she finally closed it out? Good for her! Allez Nastya! :bounce:

grmbl
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Well done Nastya!! :woohoo:

tennisrox
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Jela :(

ezekiel
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.scdf.gov.sg/images/info/learncd/rescue_fire_safety/choking_10.jpg

There was much choking in this match. Jelena as usual was tired and hanging at the baseline and Anas woke up in time.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
OMG, I never would usually cheer for Myskina, but after that second set I was firmly behind her. I just didn't want to see her lose a match like that. Whan an enjoyable match to watch, so tense and I'm so happy Myskina won. I think she made a fan out of me today ;)

Nemesis
Nastya :D
Keep going now :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
I'm very dissapointed in Jelena. She can't be a top 10 player and get bageled like that and expect to win. She really just gave up in that first set. Jelena didn't seem comfortable in that match even when she was up. Myskina used that 6-0 first set to get back in the match in the third set. Basically she knew that if she won 6 straight games against Jankovic she culd do it again. Good win by Myskina. This is exactly what she needs to stay in the top 10. This should be enough to stop Clijsters from getting into the top 10 for a couple of weeks.

Cariaoke
:worship: Nastya

best of luck to you vs. Elena D.

Task
Anastasia :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

You've made my day. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

sinterklaasje
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
:woohoo:
Well done Nastya :kiss:

Netsurfer
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM
YESSSSS! What a fight, what a win! :woohoo:

GO, NASTYA! :bounce: :bigclap:

**Netsurfer

sartrista7
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Nastya :worship: :hearts:

So proud of you. And so happy to see that smile back at the end! I've missed it :D

The quality was actually pretty high during the last set, strangely enough...and now, two days to rest before taking on an opponent Nastya has owned in recent times.

Bad luck Jelena: you'll learn from this.

Allez-H
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Nastya :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :banana: :banana: :worship: :worship:

Goodluck in th next round babe

gorecki
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:34 PM
:hug: Nastya!!! :kiss: :woohoo:

:hug: Jelena

sbmh
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Great win , Nastya:yeah:
Better luck next time, Jelena;)

Principessa
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Nastya :) happy for her.

Dava
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Great win for Nastya though it should have been 6-0 6-3...God knows were her head dissappeared to for the next 1hr and half but thank god it came back when she needed it.

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
no jelena :(

Edward.
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Congratulations Nastya!!!

bis2806
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Mann Jelena had her chances as well and she just couldn't capitalize!

raquel
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
That match was a real drama. I am glad I was a neutral watching that otherwise I don't think it would have been very enjoyable! It was for me though. Even when Nastya dropped serve when serving for it, and missed match points in the third, I always felt she was going to win.

Just huge credit to Nastya for the way she has fought in this tournament in the first match and this. She has come back from almost getting beaten twice now and when you think of how she's been playing this year and her personal problems, she deserves respect for her fight this week.

Spunky83
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM
LOL...omg, that was just tremendous! It was such a typical Nastya match but this time, it was actually her winning;)

Fortunately Hewitt managed to win fast so our local channel showed some womens match for a change...so I got to watch the last few games and as a huge (and especially non-bandwaggon fan) I noticed that she definetly has more confidence in her groundstrokes, they were much more precise, much more power and she moved pretty well on court (not counting the missed chances of course). Her serve still needs to come back but besides that she really played well today...and the best was that huge smile at the end of the match. I was soooooo happy for her, she actually looks alive again on court...she will go her way;)

Nastya: YOU ROCK!

Doesn´t matter what happens against Dementieva, this win today was the most important one throughout the whole season, this could be a turning point.

This is good, this is very good.

Shoulderpova
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I wonder why Jelena didn't have any match point for Nastya to save :p

Red Lantern
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
That match almost killed me.

And the worst thing was that I had to leave at 8-8 in the final set - and only found out the score online. I'm going to watch the BBC highlights later - just for Nastya's smile. :hearts:
Nastya (and Jelena) did themselves proud - sure it was a choke-fest, but that always had the potential of happening. Both of them made excellent 'come-backs' - and the quality of their playing was higher than many of the other ladies' scrappy matches.

Well done girl - the next match might actually stand a chance of being on centre (though I won't hold my breath) I hope this winning 'thing' continues ;)

Just huge credit to Nastya for the way she has fought in this tournament in the first match and this. She has come back from almost getting beaten twice now and when you think of how she's been playing this year and her personal problems, she deserves respect for her fight this week
Well said :D

AlexB
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM
3 down, 4 to go...she made the second week at wimbledon, but lost first round in Paris...anyway good win given all the circumstances, but my nails are all gone after this match, and my blood pressure was raised to dangerous levels...in other words the old nastya may be back! :lol: and if she is, all the players that got her early on in the year in the first rounds are all in for beatdowns

Derek.
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM
What a comeback! :worship:

fammmmedspin
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

She had a late doubles match yesterday which was her second of the day so looking a bit tired is even more explicable.

Playing like she did when she went into zone, she is going to be very very dangerous when she gets back the ability to convert big points. More so if she finishes her experiment with attacking towards the net and perfects it. Jelena was the highest ranked opponent to a top player out there so far I think today and was probably playing the best apart from a very few falters. You can probably count the number of top 20 players who can sustain a 38 shot rally hit that well on one hand too.

Interesting too that she has had 3 players in a row who play well on grass and play lots of shots with few UE - if she wasn't sure of her shots that was just the practice she needed.

Vut
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:24 PM
quite surpise!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
:banana:

Schoking match

I love you Nastya :kiss:

Shenay La Soul
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Despite the first set bagel, this match would've made a great final.

manu32
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
bravo nastya

Kart
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Yay Anastasia :hearts:.

Harju.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
:bowdown: Nastya.

I'm really happy for her. This is definately good enough for me personally, but if she wants to continue surprising me, I won't be complaining. :lol:.

jacky90104
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Go Nastya :) :) :)

Natasha250688
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Jelenaaaaaaa!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: It wasn't a choke she was too tired :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Alvarillo
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:24 PM
i saw her 1st round defeat in RG and the last 6 games today and definatelly is another Myskina, long rallies, winners from baseline, from the net, it was an amazing end of a match!
congrats Nstya ! i'm glad you have come back! :kiss:

_LuCaS_
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
What a match !!!
Damn it Nastya, you're going to be the death of us :banghead:

Billabong
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:28 PM
There's definitely a big improvement since RG:D She made very impressive winners after 1-5 in the 3rd set:D!!!!
Nastya rocks:banana: Continue Nastya:woohoo:!!!

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
If Anastasia is back to her good form, that will make the hard court season that much better.
We could have every top player in form this summer.

Lady
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I knew Jelena will lose because I wanted her to win so much! :sad: :bigcry:

Cobgratrs to Nastya!

Harju.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Nastya :worship: :hearts:

So proud of you. And so happy to see that smile back at the end! I've missed it :D

The quality was actually pretty high during the last set, strangely enough...and now, two days to rest before taking on an opponent Nastya has owned in recent times.

Bad luck Jelena: you'll learn from this.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050624/capt.xwim16406241702.britain_wimbledon_tennis_xwim 164.jpg

:hearts:

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:39 PM
A. Myskina - Day 5
Friday, June 24, 2005

Q. Had you expected such a long match after the first set?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, not really. I was up 5‑3 in the second, had a lot of matchpoints, and I could have just finished the game. And she was serving well at matchpoint when she served. And I guess, you know, when sometimes you lose one, two, three matchpoints, then you kind of start thinking a lot, and it's not a good thing.

Q. What were you thinking at 5‑3?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was thinking that, "Why she serve ace on second serve?" I mean, this really was in my mind. I think that was really wrong to think about this serve for the rest of couple games.

Q. Then when you lost the second set, what was going through your mind?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, really nothing. I was just really upset and I was thinking why should I ‑‑ I did something wrong, definitely. That's why I lost. I was thinking, "What did I do wrong?"

You know, the whole third set almost ‑ whole third set ‑ I was thinking what I did wrong. But then after 5‑1 I realized that I'm playing third set so maybe it's something new I should do to win, you know, finally win.

Q. Can you believe you actually won?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, yeah, I do. Right now I do (smiling).

Q. It could be argued that's your biggest win of the year, even just the fight going through that at a Grand Slam now. Would you say that?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Especially she's a great player. I think that was a good match, even that was maybe I was up 6‑Love, 5‑3. But still it was a really good match. She holds rallies, she play really fast, you know, she serve pretty good. I think it was a good match.

Q. You've been battling confidence at the French Open. What does this do for your confidence?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It really lot. Because, you know, I start believing in myself. Definitely I know what I can do right now even that maybe I'm not playing my best tennis, but at least I fight and I do my best on the court no matter what right now.

Q. You had so many breakpoints, too, in the last few games. Were you just telling yourself after you lost every one, "Go back and fight the deuce point, fight, fight, fight, don't get disappointed"?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, after 5‑4, that's what I was telling myself all the time. Because you know that if you not gonna win this point it's okay, it's gonna be next one. Then I was just thinking about that.

Q. Did it come down in the end to mental toughness?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, but I think that's the game right now, it's all about the mental game. Because right now all the girls playing almost the same level, and if you're mentally stronger, then you win the match.

Q. At the French you said you weren't sure whether you would be here. Can you tell me what it was like for you after the French, your thought process after that.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Was pretty hard because, you know, I lost ‑‑ well, I lost my ‑ how you say ‑ Cup? I have to defend the title and I didn't defend. I was really upset.

But then I was talking to all my family and coach and they said that just I have to play a lot of matches and through this matches I'm gonna get back my feelings confident. I think that was the right decision to play Eastbourne and be here right now.

Q. How far do you think you can go now?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: (Smiling). Well, I really play right now match by match. And I think next round are really tough for me, really mentally tough, because we play a lot of matches with Elena. I think she knows me really well, and I know her really good. So I think it's gonna be interesting match, and we will see.

Q. What's your status for Fed Cup? Do you know yet?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Uhm, the captain invite me for the team and I'm really happy with that. For sure I'm gonna be there even that I'm not gonna maybe not gonna play. But I'm gonna support my team for sure.

Q. Do you know who else will?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, I know Elena for sure and then I don't really know.

Q. You and Elena played so many times, as you said. Does all that go into the past, or do you think about the prior matches? You've been the better player over the last few years. Do you still have the mental edge, or is that gone now?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. Well, you know, I know her weakness, I know what she can do her best, and she knows me as well the same thing.

Right now, I'm just have to fight and I have to do the same what I did today I think. Because I know her serve not that great. Even she's improving her serve every day, but still, you know, maybe that's my advantage, that I have to take it.

Q. You're going to have two days of rest, a weekend. What are you going to do to change your mind?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It's great. I have to play doubles right now, so I don't really think about the weekend. I just think about my doubles, to not die (smiling).

Q. When you came off the court today, did you really feel like you turned the corner, that this was the breakthrough you needed to get back again?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, my mom called me and said she almost died, so that was really not good news. I was just hoping not to play the same game like this, you know. I'm ready to finish when you up 6‑Love, 5‑3, than, you know, play the match like this of course, because you lost a lot of energy.

But I'm really lucky that I'm not playing these two days and I have a lot of days to recover so...

Q. She was watching?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah.

Q. Mentally, it was just really hard on her?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: On her it's really hard, yes.

Q. Where was she watching from?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Home.

Q. Home in Moscow?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes.

Q. How proud was she of you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, she's really proud. Right now she's really happy. That's really good.

Q. I know you've been asked this before, but can you talk just a bit about the difference in prize money between the men and the women, your thoughts on that.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Ooh, that's not my subject. I don't care really. I'm not really paying attention to that. Mens play five‑set doubles, five‑set singles. I don't think womens can do that. I'm really don't care about this things. I think mens deserve it what they deserve it, and womens earn what they earn. I don't think in my age I can earn that much money if I will just be a normal kid, so...

Q. You sure?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, if I am going to work to McDonald's, I don't think I'm going to earn that much money. I'm happy, really, with everything (smiling).

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Nasty :hearts:

That interview made me smile...she's so sweet and intelligent. Best of luck to her...I obviously hope she doesn't beat Lena but if she does, I want her to go to the finals.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Incredible match. Just incredible. I'm still high on the adrenaline. To those idiots who are describing it as a chokefest well you obviously weren't there. That was amazingly high quality stuff and full respect to both girls. Yes some points ended in errors but normally those errors came after 20 to 30 stroke rallies of unbelievably hard acurate hitting. If I had a pound today for every shot that painted a line I'd be rich. Nastya played one of the best sets of her career in the first and wasn't far off that form in the first 8 games of the second. But by that point Jankovic was playing amazingly too and wasn't giving away anything. I have seen chokes before and certainly I have seen Nastya choke before but aside from maybe 3 or 4 shots (out of about 40 - the last few games of the 2nd set were all long ones) Nastya remained solid if a little less adventuous and agressive. Jankovic took it away from her. At the start of the 3rd set Nastya's form did dip and it did look for the world like Nastya was giving up a bit on the match and taking a "it's not my day type attitude". But at 5-1 down she just refused to give in that last game and suddenly she was back in the form of the 1st set. From 5 all there were some very dramatic and extremely closely contested games. Nastya stayed cool thoughout remarkably while Jankovic was constantly arguing line calls and getting angry at the ball kids, not the type of behavior I'd expect from Jelena but this was one tense match so it was understandable. Nastya was from here on taking on the braver shots and had Jankovic on the run most of the time. Having said that Jankovic too hit some fabulous shots. It is true that Nastya did make quite a few errors while going for winnings on break points. Many of these did not come off but they often missed by very little. It was to her credit that she never got down on herself and kept the presure up creating more and more chances. Jankovic was not easy to put away. When the end came Nastya who had a look of stoicism during the majority of the match broke into the most beautiful of smiles. It was great :). They kissed at the net and were very warm to each other. Jelena accepted her defeat with class. Nastya signed a few autographs but left pretty quickly. Jankovic left even quicker.

I doubt I will see a more exciting match this year. :)

blumaroo
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I misinterpreted this line at first:
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, my mom called me and said she almost died, so that was really not good news.

pfff thank god she meant someting else.

frenchie
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:10 PM
As a huge fan it's just great to ear so many good things about Nastya!
Why don't they broadcast Wimby in France, I wish I could see this match

_LuCaS_
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Incredible match. Just incredible. I'm still high on the adrenaline. To those idiots who are describing it as a chokefest well you obviously weren't there. That was amazingly high quality stuff and full respect to both girls. Yes some points ended in errors but normally those errors came after 20 to 30 stroke rallies of unbelievably hard acurate hitting. If I had a pound today for every shot that painted a line I'd be rich. Nastya played one of the best sets of her career in the first and wasn't far off that form in the first 8 games of the second. But by that point Jankovic was playing amazingly too and wasn't giving away anything. I have seen chokes before and certainly I have seen Nastya choke before but aside from maybe 3 or 4 shots (out of about 40 - the last few games of the 2nd set were all long ones) Nastya remained solid if a little less adventuous and agressive. Jankovic took it away from her. At the start of the 3rd set Nastya's form did dip and it did look for the world like Nastya was giving up a bit on the match and taking a "it's not my day type attitude". But at 5-1 down she just refused to give in that last game and suddenly she was back in the form of the 1st set. From 5 all there were some very dramatic and extremely closely contested games. Nastya stayed cool thoughout remarkably while Jankovic was constantly arguing line calls and getting angry at the ball kids, not the type of behavior I'd expect from Jelena but this was one tense match so it was understandable. Nastya was from here on taking on the braver shots and had Jankovic on the run most of the time. Having said that Jankovic too hit some fabulous shots. It is true that Nastya did make quite a few errors while going for winnings on break points. Many of these did not come off but they often missed by very little. It was to her credit that she never got down on herself and kept the presure up creating more and more chances. Jankovic was not easy to put away. When the end came Nastya who had a look of stoicism during the majority of the match broke into the most beautiful of smiles. It was great :). They kissed at the net and were very warm to each other. Jelena accepted her defeat with class. Nastya signed a few autographs but left pretty quickly. Jankovic left even quicker.

I doubt I will see a more exciting match this year. :)
Great report thanks :worship: :yeah:

alibaby
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Great report thanks :worship: :yeah:
thankyou for FINALLY putting some positive words on here!!!sadly,the majority here mostly only see the negative things!!although i saw only the last part og the match,it was pure excitement,and an wonderful example that the sport is NOT as bad at the moment,as posted by many!!and respect to both girls,you were absolutely phantastic!!and although i am a big jelena-fan,nastya really,really deserves it,not least because of her family difficulties!!jeli-baby,your time will come,theres a lot of potential!!and nastya,just try to enjoy yourself,and have a great time at wimbly!! :kiss: :hearts:

cometz9
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Nastya :rocker2: sooo glad you made it thru the rd3 and now a rematch with Lena :scared: I hope the winner of this match will make it to the SF :woohoo:

hingis-seles
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Nastya :hearts: :kiss:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:12 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050624/capt.xwim16406241702.britain_wimbledon_tennis_xwim 164.jpg
great pic of nastya keep on fighting

_LuCaS_
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Love it :hearts: :bigclap:

AlexB
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
im telling you, dementieva is beatable, and if it gets that far ill take my chances against mauresmo in a grand slam for a sf spot aka the "mauresmo is liable to choke any round now"...her being in the semis was nonsence just a few days ago, but at this point is isn't that far fetched (as an aside, does this mean she will change her mind about her favorite surface again?)canimagine her getting to the sf out of the nothing the season had become? that im even thinking this means she either turned the corner or im insane (not the first time ive been called insane btw)...and God willing she wins the whole damn thing, the haters will never hear the end of it from the diehards like myself, i think :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM
A. Myskina - Day 5
Friday, June 24, 2005

Q. What were you thinking at 5?3?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was thinking that, "Why she serve ace on second serve?" I mean, this really was in my mind. I think that was really wrong to think about this serve for the rest of couple games.

:lol: :scratch: :lol:

JenFan75
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
^___^ I'm so happy for you Nastya!!! :bounce: NO MORE SLUMP!

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:24 PM
im telling you, dementieva is beatable, and if it gets that far ill take my chances against mauresmo in a grand slam for a sf spot aka the "mauresmo is liable to choke any round now"...her being in the semis was nonsence just a few days ago, but at this point is isn't that far fetched (as an aside, does this mean she will change her mind about her favorite surface again?)canimagine her getting to the sf out of the nothing the season had become? that im even thinking this means she either turned the corner or im insane (not the first time ive been called insane btw)...and God willing she wins the whole damn thing, the haters will never hear the end of it from the diehards like myself, i think :lol:

I too really like the matchup with Elena. As for Mauresmo, well it may not be to her advantage that she hasn't been remotely tested so for. With her proclaimed confidence of winning here the pressure with be all on her and we know what happens then. To be honest I'm not going to look any further than the semis right now but sure if she can make it that far then anything can happen. :)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I like that fact that Myskina is fighting.

Rub
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Finally! What a match. Natsya! :bounce:
I was really happy seeing her smile at the end. :)

yeah... me too... she looked very happy at the end... i actually thought she was gonna lose at 6-7... happy for her... hope this would end the slump! :wavey:

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Well done Anastasia glad to see her playing well and winning these type of matches.

denzuko
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:18 AM
I usually don't like her attitude on court.
Well, I changed my mind after I saw her in that looong 3rd set.
Talk about keep fighting till the end...
Go Myskina !

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Well done Nastya. :D

RatedR Superstar
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:57 AM
myskina almost went in a breakdown, good thing she pulled through!

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks for pulling off the amazing victory Nastya! Keep it up girl.

Doggy
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:56 AM
OMG, I never would usually cheer for Myskina, but after that second set I was firmly behind her. I just didn't want to see her lose a match like that. Whan an enjoyable match to watch, so tense and I'm so happy Myskina won. I think she made a fan out of me today ;)

I love this post by you! I'm gonna give you a nice green rep! ;)

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM
:bounce: Nastya! :bounce: :kiss:

Mr_Molik
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:49 AM
:D

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Nastya is amazing :D

I must say I was a bit nervous about this match before it began, because I know that Nastya is not playing with her best confidence, and Jankovic is a great player that continues to improve by the minute.

Nastya is just a damb good fighter. Defeating Zvonarava 17-15 in San Diego, and then this, just I'm really proud of her.

Clai
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Wow, great win Nastya!

raquel
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I read today that Jankovic got something in her eye in the third set and told the umpire she needed to go to the bathroom as it was bothering her badly however Donna Butler the tour supervisor wouldn't let her go. I thought you could take a bathroom break whenever you wanted? Jankovic said she told Donna Butler it was an emergency but she still wasn't allowed to go.

I must have missed all that happening when I was watching it. Did anyone see what happened? If that was the case maybe someone with just a bit more experience on the tour would have known how to talk to the officials and stand their ground.

sartrista7
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I read today that Jankovic got something in her eye in the third set and told the umpire she needed to go to the bathroom as it was bothering her badly however Donna Butler the tour supervisor wouldn't let her go. I thought you could take a bathroom break whenever you wanted? Jankovic said she told Donna Butler it was an emergency but she still wasn't allowed to go.

I must have missed all that happening when I was watching it. Did anyone see what happened? If that was the case maybe someone with just a bit more experience on the tour would have known how to talk to the officials and stand their ground.

When Jankovic went up 7-6 in the third, she asked for a bathroom break and was told she'd have to wait one more game, which was fair enough. After Nastya levelled at 7-7 she mysteriously forgot that it was an emergency and didn't request it again :lol:

Drimal
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:38 AM
:woohoo: :bigclap: :woohoo:

jacky90104
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
GO Nastya :) :) :)

alibaby
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:13 PM
When Jankovic went up 7-6 in the third, she asked for a bathroom break and was told she'd have to wait one more game, which was fair enough. After Nastya levelled at 7-7 she mysteriously forgot that it was an emergency and didn't request it again :lol:
i find your argueing very unfair!why do people like you always think so soon,there might be something mysterious going on??could nt it be just,that jeca said to herself "ok,i will pull myself through somehow!!"and therefore not to lose her rythm,and even more "fairness-wise"to nastya??WHY always firstly thinking,there must be something bad in her mind??i find this quite sad..especially,as jeca is one of the fairest players on the tour!!

vutt
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
..especially,as jeca is one of the fairest players on the tour!!

Is she?!? I recall she stopped playing when she tought Nastya's ball was long in third. Nastya also tought she stopped, but call didn't came and when Nastya realised that she was to late to properly retrive bounced back ball. Jankovic then all of the sudden sprang into action and put that ball away. It would have been fair from Jankovic side to ask replay the point.