PDA

View Full Version : If Myskina wins today...

Mase
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Do you think this will be just what she needed to get her confidence back??

I do....

LeRoy.
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah think so too ...it might help her finally get over that loss to Justine at the Olympics :)

Billabong
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
8-8 in the 3rd, she just missed a big chance:sad:

Mase
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
A loss could set her back even more...

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
im not sure. if she gets out of this one only to lose to dementieva, she may be better with her confidence, but i wouldn't expect a full restoration. look for her to shine indoors and make up points at the us open.
if she goes far here, then yes, she should be VERY confident.

Helen Lawson
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
She serving for the match for the second time.

If she wins, her match with Lena D ought to be real interesting.

Andrew..
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
im not sure. if she gets out of this one only to lose to dementieva, she may be better with her confidence, but i wouldn't expect a full restoration. look for her to shine indoors and make up points at the us open.
if she goes far here, then yes, she should be VERY confident.
She better shine indoors, because if she doesn't her ranking will be absolutely dead.

No Name Face
i'm sorta excited about a nasty lenaD rematch...if ESPN doesn't show it... :fiery:

Tratree
9/33 break chances....unbelievable. I do hope she wins and gets a bit of a lift from it. Sad to see someone struggling to much and with the illness of a parent as well. Hope she wins this one.

best best better
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Whatever happens, Nastya's too good a player to be slumping for too much longer imo. Where recently she's been playing really poorly, this tournament has seen something of a reawakening of her tennis skills, which - win or lose - is at least a good thing.

Helen Lawson
i'm sorta excited about a nasty lenaD rematch...if ESPN doesn't show it... :fiery:

I am, too, but I'm worried it's going to be a two-way choke fest that's a long 3 sets and is totally a see-saw match. Which is of course why we love Lena D, but I'm thinking this one will be extra strange from both sides!

Zhao
and now bp :rolleyes:

Helen Lawson
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
It's deuce. :rolleyes:

We're going to have someone who can't convert break points against someone who double faults all the time.

It'll be the match of the tournament. ;)

Aerien
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Virginia Wade just said:
"Oh God nobody's ever going to win this match. Will it ever end?" :lol:

Finally!

Mase
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:11 PM
This could be just what she needed!!!

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Alright Nastya, happy to see you smiling again! Hope you'll return to your top level soon now!

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I am, too, but I'm worried it's going to be a two-way choke fest that's a long 3 sets and is totally a see-saw match. Which is of course why we love Lena D, but I'm thinking this one will be extra strange from both sides!

i think this is lena's match to lose although i'm happy nasty made it this far (and same can be said for LenaD :scared: )

miffedmax
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm afraid Lena is to Nastya as Sesil is to Masha.

I hope I'm wrong.

spencercarlos
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Do you think this will be just what she needed to get her confidence back??

I do....
Not really, if this would have been against a top 5 player i would concede this is a major overcome of this situation of closing out matches, but against Jankovic?? not at all. I don`t really see her winning two more matches, probably against Leena she will and Dementieva is another head case.. so .
Myskina will continue to have problems closing out matches.. it showed in both second and third sets today.

fammmmedspin
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Game is back. Fight is back apart from the third set reaction at the start. Ability to take break and game points is where it took a long time. In zone she looked as good as Kim. Elena D is the best possible match up - not expected to win, Nastya has proved all she needed to , but she is up against against a player she would beat normally who isn't at their best either. Lindsay isn't as fast or as error free as Jelena either and she has problems closing big points too.....

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:26 PM
i most certainly think that this match indeed has help her confidence

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:28 PM
All I know is that this delays Clijsters chances of getting in the top 10 for a while. Good Job Myskina. Fight for your top 10 spot.

backhanddtl4
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Was Myskina up 5-1 in the third set?

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
I don't know if this match means a lot, but Anastasia has had very high highs, and very low lows.
She can deal with a slump.

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Was Myskina up 5-1 in the third set?

She was down 1:5. She did to Jancovic what Justine did to her.. :lol:

jacky90104
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Nastya :) :) :)

Good luck :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

AjdeNate!
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Go Nastya!