PDA

View Full Version : Is court 13 not a camera court or do they just prefer masturbating over Gimelstob?

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I want to watch Nastya/Jelena dammit :mad:

GoDominique
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The latter, I guess.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:34 PM
P-Mac always creams over Americans so of course they show him.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
first time ever I'm rooting for lleyton to crush someone

Andrew..
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM
This is really disgusting...ESPN is hyping the Americans more than ever before. They act like Dent is actually a favorite. Then, Gimelstob is the new American hero... wtf?

cellophane
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
C'mon, Pat, just come already, so that we can move to Court 13... :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
this match is on centre court, features anamerican against a past winner with about 70 more winners than errors. and you guys are complaining. lleyton's abt to serve it out and the ladies are at 6-6. i think they'll get there.

martirogi
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
they showed dent on court 13 first round, so it does have a camera

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:45 PM
this match is on centre court, features anamerican against a past winner with about 70 more winners than errors. and you guys are complaining. lleyton's abt to serve it out and the ladies are at 6-6. i think they'll get there.

don't bet on it...they'll probably spend all the time before Andy's match on some post-orgasm roundtable about Gimelstob's 'amazing' performance

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Here we go. Finally showing it.

bis2806
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah me too finally!

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
well well well ;)
pretty good stuff they're showing.

SelesFan70
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
:smash: watching this on the scoreboard is killing me! Anastasia is killing me! I hate work right now! :mad:

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM
According to the stats, I thought this was a pretty low quality match. The rallies are very good though.

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
the rallies are really good...weird considering i thought it'd be a low quality match.

the cat
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I believe it was that atrocious Court 13 where Kuznetsova beat Sharapova 7-5 in the third set 2 years ago in a match that wasn't televised anywhere because it doesn't have a television camera. How stupid is that? All England Club fools! :mad:

Rocketta
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
and ESPN doesn't have a thing for Americans....they have a thing for American men because they showed no American journeywomen like they are showing Gimelstob or Dent. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
and now they are showing the first game in the Roddick match. :retard:

:haha:

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
well well well ;)
pretty good stuff they're showing.

I was in heaven for about 5 minutes. Now it's back to rooting for Andy to lose :p

Alenyaa
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
This match is so exiting. I really want Anastacia to win this one, Jankovic does nothing but push the ball back, plus I like Myskina's game better than that of Jankovic.

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I don't know what match you're watching, but Jankovic does not just "push" the ball back.

the cat
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Is ESPN2 or any television network showing any of this match? And for a top seed like Myskina to be relegated to playing on Court 13 against a good player in Jankovic who recently made the Birmingham final on grass is ridiculous! :mad:

jfk
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
There is definitely a male bias (however significant) and especially an American male bias. What gets me is that they anger more fans by turning away from the close Myskina match. Fewer people would be upset if they had to starting watching the fourth set of the Roddick match at 2-all.

And I can't imagine that they'd turn away from Myskina if an American woman like Serena or Davenport was in the same situation as Roddick...like at the start of the 2nd or even 3rd set.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
And I can't imagine that they'd turn away from Myskina if an American woman like Serena or Davenport was in the same situation as Roddick...like at the start of the 2nd or even 3rd set.

They stayed with Karlovic vs. Bracciali :zzz: for god knows how long when Eleni vs. Justine was taking place...idiots

Darop.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
This match is so exiting. I really want Anastacia to win this one, Jankovic does nothing but push the ball back, plus I like Myskina's game better than that of Jankovic.+

:retard:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Did ESPN show Dementieva's match?

tennislover
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
bracciali's performance was really good! :worship:

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Did ESPN show Dementieva's match?

some of it, yes.

raquel
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I believe it was that atrocious Court 13 where Kuznetsova beat Sharapova 7-5 in the third set 2 years ago in a match that wasn't televised anywhere because it doesn't have a television camera. How stupid is that? All England Club fools! :mad:
Kuznetsova was 33rd seed then. Sharapova was a wildcard ranked in the 90s. They were hardly going to move Serena, Venus, Roger, Andy, Kim and Tim etc. on a show court to make way for that.

selking
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I enjoyed watching Tim lose in his match today... for the third time. You would think we're in fucking england.

martirogi
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:48 PM
i cant believe they showed henman from like days ago, instead of nastya's longest woman's match of they tourney. he's not even american :fiery:

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:09 PM
what a yawnfest the Jelena/Myskina match was. it proved that a match with long, 38+ stroke rallies does not mean good, exciting tennis:yawn: both girls were content to just hit the ball directly back to the other without considering trying to move each other around the court or try and bring each other into the net :rolleyes: at least Myskina had the nerve at the end to take a few more risks, she deserved to win. i'm disappointed with Jelena though and what was with her wanting to take a toilet break at i think the score was 7-6 to her in the final set?! :eek: :o i mean really Jelena, did you seriously think you could just take a toilet break right then :o it probably would have taken her half an hour to reach a bathroom from court 13 :o:o

fammmmedspin
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Is ESPN2 or any television network showing any of this match? And for a top seed like Myskina to be relegated to playing on Court 13 against a good player in Jankovic who recently made the Birmingham final on grass is ridiculous! :mad:

The BBC has a choice of 5 matches at once on its digital services. 13 has been shown and was today. I think I have seen centre, 1, 2, 3, 18 and 13 but others may be televised too. Ifthey want the pictures other TV companies presumably could have them.

Nastya and Jelena on 13 was bad enough but think of poor Momo - gets number 1, still top 5, playing well and dumped out on court 13.......