PDA

View Full Version : who is playing the best tennis at Wimbeldon right now?

ZX10R
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:01 PM
In your opinion who is playing the best Tennis right now at wimbledon?

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Clijsters, Daniilidou, Davenport, and Momo

edit - forgot Sharapova :o

ozfan44
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Clijsters, Mauresmo, Sharapova, Stewart/Stosur!

manu
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Clijsters, Davenport, Mauresmo, Sharapova

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:25 PM
it's the first week-- so should still include kim and amelie.

lindsay and maria are smokin too and actually have a good chance of winning.

ana has played well and pretty clean too.

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:25 PM
so far Kim, Lindsay, Momo and Maria

lukehingis
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Sharapova is playing the best IMHO. I don't think anyone in the bottom half can beat her the way she's playing. She's very focused!

Lindsay and Kim seem to be playing well too..

I think we're looking at a Sharapova vs Kim/Lindsay finals, based on current form...

Louis Cyphre
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Masha.Sesil can confirm this :sad: :hysteric:

SilK
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Clijsters, Davenport and Sharapova

tennisrox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Masha:(

Foot_Fault
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:31 PM
In your opinion who is playing the best Tennis right now at wimbledon?

Although I know most of you like to measure by who's playing the BEST, it wont win you the Title.

Serena Williams Played Horrible in Oz...Won the Title. Winning UGLY
Justine Henin-Hardenne played Horrible in Paris...Won the Title...Winning Ugly

So as you have proof, it has NOTHING to do with how you're playing leading into the match that you could LOSE IT ALL on. Look at Dementieva and Myskina, they know how to win Ugly.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Who's playing the best tennis? Lindsay, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Mauresmo

Who's playing the best ugly tennis? Myskina and Serena.

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Lindsay, Kim and Maria

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Lindsay, Amelie, Kim & Maria.

If I had to pick one from that group... it would be Lindsay. She played amazingly well in the first round :eek:!

jfk
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Although I know most of you like to measure by who's playing the BEST, it wont win you the Title.

So as you have proof, it has NOTHING to do with how you're playing leading into the match that you could LOSE IT ALL on. Look at Dementieva and Myskina, they know how to win Ugly.
While I agree with you to an extent, there is a big difference between Wimbledon and the first two slams played this year. The quality of play at Wimbledon has far surpassed the play at the first two slams, especially RG. At RG, no one was playing well....JHH played better than anyone IMO, though Kuznetsova played well up until her defeat and Pierce played good but had an easy draw.

At the Australian, Serena was up and down...she was not horrible the whole time. She played some amazing tennis, especially versus Mauresmo.

Here at Wimbledon, several players have played extremely well...From the top seeds, it's Lindsay, Kim, Mauresmo, and Sharapova. After that, Ivanovic and Danilidou are playing great as well.

Yonie
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I agree with all the others, Amélie, Kim, Lindsay and Maria :)

JPrince
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Mauresmo. ALLEZ!

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Davenport and Sharapova by far.

Clijsters--she hasn't faced a single good opponent. Her forehand does not work on grass. From what I've seen, she's been shanking some balls now and then. Davenport will unravel that side.

Momo--yes she's been playing beautifully, but she's not a legitimate contender, and Davenport and Clijsters own her.

jlamire
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Davenport and Sharapova by far.

Clijsters--she hasn't faced a single good opponent. Her forehand does not work on grass. From what I've seen, she's been shanking some balls now and then. Davenport will unravel that side.

Momo--yes she's been playing beautifully, but she's not a legitimate contender, and Davenport and Clijsters own her.

The fact Momo is not a legitimate contender (another debate indeed) has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

manu32
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
clijsters (even she hasn't played good opponents)exact....
lindsay
sharapova
ivanovic

rottweily
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:10 PM

Justine played very good in the last three matches, it's not her problem the opposing players in those matches sucked.