PDA

View Full Version : Sania's response to Kuz's comments

tennisrox
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I got this from an indian newspaper

On Kuz saying it was her worst against Sania's best:

Did she say it was my best against her worst?Well thats her opinion and she's entitled to it,but I must say that she seems to be playing her worst a bit too often then.She must have forgotten that she lost to me in Dubai.She played really well to win the US open but yesterday she won 6-4 in the last set because of one point.I played well and I pushed her hard.

Sania :yeah: :lol:You know she's jealous of your forehand girl...

charmedRic
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
w00t!

K-Dog
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Sania, wow!! She doesn't mind speaking her own mind!! Props to Sania!! Quite an intelligent comment about she must be playing her worst often. Very clever!!

RenaSlam.
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Kuznetsova is not very classy and I have not been very happy with her attitude after she loses/after tough matches...

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Sania :hearts:

I love this girl...and yes, Svetlana is a hater. I'd be a fan of hers actually if not for that rotten personality.

vutt
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
LOL! She will have bright future in top, because she can already bitch like the one :worship:

Oneofakind0490
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Very witty comment from Sania.

jlamire
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Sania, wow!! She doesn't mind speaking her own mind!! Props to Sania!! Quite an intelligent comment about she must be playing her worst often. Very clever!!
That's funny, because in my book ,it's not really intelligent at all...
The only clever answer is tennis. All those comments and replies are just pointless and stupid conversations between teenagers. And again journalists seems to appreciate that more than tennis.

silverwhite
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Nice response, except that bit about her losing because of one point. :o

Albireo
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Rowwrrrr...!

And to think there are people who like the men's game more.... :)

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
That's funny, because in my book ,it's not really intelligent at all...
The only clever answer is tennis. All those comments and replies are just pointless and stupid conversations between teenagers. And again journalists seems to appreciate that more than tennis.Exactly. She's like Sesil, with even less results.
Try winning something, then talk.

tennisrox
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Rowwrrrr...!

Tell me about it.WTA rocks! :bounce: Keep up the bitching girls!!! :kiss:

auntie janie
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:17 PM
LOL! She will have bright future in top, because she can already bitch like the one :worship:

:lol:

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Rowwrrrr...!

yeah WTA rocks much more.

may the battle begin :hearts:

Stephieva
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:25 PM
but I must say that she seems to be playing her worst a bit too often then.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

tenn_ace
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I don't see anything different in her response to what Sveta had said.

They agree on Mirza playing well. As for Sveta's part, Sveta doesn't play well since she has won US Open and that's an opinion not only of Sveta, but of many tennis commentators/journalists.

jbone_0307
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Next she needs to make a comment about how manly Svetlana is and say that she should be on the ATP Tour. :haha: :lol:

bis2806
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Those who were disagreeing to my thread "Kuznetsova gives Sania almost no credit" now knows WHY kuznetsova's comments were so exaggerated! Seriously, Kuznetsova and her excuses. And Sania DID push her hard - it was not because of Kuzzy's errors that Kuzzy played bad.

Louis Cyphre
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Svetlana remind me Venus :lol:
Sania :yeah:

tennisrox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Next she needs to make a comment about how manly Svetlana is and say that she should be on the ATP Tour. :haha: :lol:

Sania's too classy for that unfortunately :devil: .This thread would explode if she said something like that.Can't say controversy is a bad thing for the tour,coz half the matches are so one-sided they aren't worth paying money to watch.

VRee_Willario
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Give Svetlana a break! She was just maybe in a bad mood and wasn't happy with her game, so she said like that. Big deal. :rolleyes:

Martian KC
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!

SelesFan70
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Svetlana is the Iva Majoli of this generation. She lucked up last year when Lindsay pulled up lame at the US Open. She's a 1 Major winner, for sure. :wavey:

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Kuznetsova is not very classy and I have not been very happy with her attitude after she loses/after tough matches...

would you be classy if you had a ten foot long nose?

Helen Lawson
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know if either of them is a lesbian, but I'm thinking they should just fuck and get it over with.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Exactly. She's like Sesil, with even less results.

She did win Hyderbad. She also destroyed Sesil in Dubai. Sesil has never won a title. Mirza is one of the biggest, most well known tennis stars on the planet. Sveta is not.

cellophane
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Svetlana is the Iva Majoli of this generation. She lucked up last year when Lindsay pulled up lame at the US Open. She's a 1 Major winner, for sure. :wavey:

Iva did not luck out. :fiery:

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
She did win Hyderbad. She also destroyed Sesil in Dubai. Sesil has never won a title. Mirza is one of the biggest, most well known tennis stars on the planet. Sveta is not.Sveta is the US Open champion. Mirza is looking up at Douchevina, who just beat Mauresmo and made a Tier II final.
Sesil made the quarters of a major.

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Svetlana is the Iva Majoli of this generation. She lucked up last year when Lindsay pulled up lame at the US Open. She's a 1 Major winner, for sure. :wavey:Sveta is still 19(for a few more days). Lots of years to win more majors.

Louis Cyphre
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
She did win Hyderbad. She also destroyed Sesil in Dubai. Sesil has never won a title. Mirza is one of the biggest, most well known tennis stars on the planet. Sveta is not.
Hmmm :scratch: There is two option - You forgot that Sesil is 15 years old or you have mental problems

Sam's Slave
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM

on wich planet? :scratch:

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Whether the reply is witty or not, one of them is in the R16 of Wimbledon and a GS champion, and one of them will proceed to play her Tier IVs shortly.

Sam's Slave
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM

its just hilarious to see this "oh my god shes gonna be a big star and she someday will make it to the top" comments when an underdog beats a top player...

Shoulderpova
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Sesil is RG quarterfinalist. She's just 15. Despite a tierIV title, Mirza is still noone in tennis map of the world. Sveta is GS champion, 5 singles titles and 12 doubles titles. Tell Mirza try winning something before talking :wavey:

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Whether the reply is witty or not, one of them is in the R16 of Wimbledon and a GS champion, and one of them will proceed to play her Tier IVs shortly.One of them is 1 of 4 slam holders - the other 3 are Serena, Justine and Maria.
The other one, Mirza, will have to play qualies if she wants to play a Tier II.

SelesFan70
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Iva did not luck out. :fiery:

I agree...but like Svetlana she's a 1 hit wonder. :)

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I agree...but like Svetlana she's a 1 hit wonder. :)Have any players won a major as a teen, and never won a second one?

Shoulderpova
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
she's only 20. More to come :)

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:58 PM
she's only 20. More to come :)Still 19.

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Have any players won a major as a teen, and never won a second one?

Michael Chang.

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
There are 7 Russian TEENS ranked ahead of Mirza.
Maria S., Sveta, Dinara, Maria K., Anna C., Vera D., Linetskaya.

the cat
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I think GL means female tennis players. And I can't think of a girl in the Open Ear who won a grand slam singles title as a teenager but never won another one.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:05 PM
on wich planet? :scratch:

Well ys and goldenlox always tell me not to be so amerocentric. So I did some research, and, apparently, 350 million people watched the Sveta vs. Sania match. 250 million of them were from India. Sania apparently makes close to 8 figures in endorsements in India yearly, and has as many contracts as Sharapova. She's the national hero of India currently. India is 1/6 of the planet. When 1/6 of the planet considers someone a hero, that's a global superstar.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I think GL means female tennis players. And I can't think of a girl in the Open Ear who won a grand slam singles title as a teenager but never won another one.

Iva was 19 (19 and 9 months.) That being said, I think Sveta will win 1 or 2 more slams before her time is through.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
There are 7 Russian TEENS ranked ahead of Mirza.
Maria S., Sveta, Dinara, Maria K., Anna C., Vera D., Linetskaya.

Maria is clearly better. Sveta at this point has clearly achieved more. The others, not so much. Dinara can't control her head, and the others have no weapons, really. Sania's groundstrokes are amazing.

God I just love to argue, lol. What's wrong with me?:p

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Hmmm :scratch: There is two option - You forgot that Sesil is 15 years old or you have mental problems

oh I like Sesil a lot. I defend her all the time. And I meant to say Sania destroyed Sveta 6-4; 6-2 in Dubai.

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM

but there was one who won a Slam as a teenager, and never won a Slam after teen age. Tracy Austin.

Sam's Slave
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Well ys and goldenlox always tell me not to be so amerocentric. So I did some research, and, apparently, 350 million people watched the Sveta vs. Sania match. 250 million of them were from India. Sania apparently makes close to 8 figures in endorsements in India yearly, and has as many contracts as Sharapova. She's the national hero of India currently. India is 1/6 of the planet. When 1/6 of the planet considers someone a hero, that's a global superstar.

so india is a whole planet?ok...but on 5/6 of this planet she is NOT! so stop posting your stupid bullshit....

ys
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
She's the national hero of India currently. India is 1/6 of the planet. When 1/6 of the planet considers someone a hero, that's a global superstar.

Being a superstar in India does not mean being a global superstar. For instance, have you ever heard of , say, Sachin Tendulkar? He is 100 times a sport superstar in India Mirza is. I doubt you ever heard of him. Do you know Indian cinema superstars? Doubt it.

tenn_ace
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM

keep dreaming... or should I say keep being delusional :wavey:

raquel
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:11 PM
]

Sania :yeah: :lol:You know she's jealous of your forehand girl...
:tape:

Yeah, because Sveta's forehand is just awful

Mirza is one of the biggest, most well known tennis stars on the planet. Sveta is not.

Well ys and goldenlox always tell me not to be so amerocentric. So I did some research, and, apparently, 350 million people watched the Sveta vs. Sania match. 250 million of them were from India.

If 250 million people saw Sveta beat Mirza in India then they know who Sveta is too. She's the girl who beat Mirza so Sveta is pretty well known in India too now.

Russia's a pretty big place too. How many people in Russia know Mirza? I am sure a lot of them know Sveta. Add that to the 250 million in India who saw her on Wednesday and suddenly Sveta's a global superstar!

Greenout
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Just thought I'd help set the record straight about Sania's endorsement
deals. Yes, the money is over 6 figures; but please note the figures
are not in US dollars; but in Indian Rupees.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2005/mar/07spec.htm

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Good for Mirza. Kuznetsova says NASTY things about opponents. Remember last year after Dementieva beat her and she called her "desperate" because she was happy that she won.

alwayshingis
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Excellent Sania. Mean, Biting, Accurate....it's what I love in tennis comments.

hingis-seles
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Sania Mirza is not a global superstar. I live in the same region of the world she is from. She has made tremendous strides this year and a name for herself, but no way is she more well-known or even at the same level, in this region, than Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova amongst the women. Yes, she has done well for herself, however, there is a lot of work required for her to reach the level Svetlana is at, currently.

Considering Sveta's lack of credit, Sania's response is justified.

tennisrox
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Whoa.Calm down people.
First things first.Sveta may not be great at giving people credit,but i don't think she's a one slam wonder.She has a great game,whatever you say. :D
Sania is not a global superstar at the moment. She's really popular in parts of asia,but she's nowhere near cricketers like sachin tendulkar who is a legend there. But she has been playing WTA level for less than 6 months,and has barely started out,and she is getting insane amounts of attention for what she's done so far, so who knows where she'll end up. Also, after the match even though Sania lost, she was given the big media conference room,and the prime-time spot,while Sveta was given the small room, b/c the brit press was more interested in Sania than Svet.She is very charismatic so its no surprise. I understand now why Sveta made some of those comments, b/c that is a little insulting :o . She won after all. I think we should give sveta a bit of a break. However, Sania was also totally justified in her response.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Wishful thinking.

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Great reply, Sania! :worship: :hearts: No doub tthat Kuznetsova is lucky to still be around.

ceiling_fan
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:40 AM
lol go sania!

russophile
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Exactly. She's like Sesil, with even less results.
exactly!

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM

I wish I could agree.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Have any players won a major as a teen, and never won a second one?
Iva Majoli won Roland Garros when she was 19 and never won another Slam title since then :lol:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Kuznetsova is the real deal. She has a complete game, just needs consistency! :worship:

Mr_Molik
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:52 AM
I cant believe Sveta fans are getting so touchy. Sania is just replying to an extremely bitchy comment from Sveta. What do you really expect her to say? By the way Sania is a much better player than Sesil. :)

Becool
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Sveta is still 19(for a few more days). Lots of years to win more majors.

What?! She's 19?!?!? She looks older than Pierce!

Sam's Slave
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I cant believe Sveta fans are getting so touchy. Sania is just replying to an extremely bitchy comment from Sveta. What do you really expect her to say? By the way Sania is a much better player than Sesil. :)

i don't think most sveta fans are angry about what sania said...they are angry about the stupid comments some wtaworld users made....

alibaby
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Whoa.Calm down people.
First things first.Sveta may not be great at giving people credit,but i don't think she's a one slam wonder.She has a great game,whatever you say. :D
Sania is not a global superstar at the moment.She's really popular in parts of asia,but she's nowhere near cricketers like sachin tendulkar who is a legend there.But she has been playing WTA level for less than 6 months,and has barely started out,and she is getting insane amounts of attention for what she's done so far,so who knows where she'll end up.Most of the 350 million viewers ( :eek: ) who tuned in,tuned in for Sania(and remember 6 months ago,most indians wouldn't have given a damn about women's tennis.They didn't even know who Sania was!),so i do think she is a star in the making.Also,after the match even though Sania lost,she was given the big media conference room,and the prime-time spot,while Sveta was given the small room,b/c the brit press was more interested in Sania than Svet.She is very charismatic so its no surprise.I understand now why Sveta made some of those comments,b/c that is a little insulting :o .She won after all.I think we should give sveta a bit of a break.However,Sania was also totally justified in her response.
And sania does have the game to do some major damage,if she works hard,so i wouldn't say she's never gonna get anywhere.Players just mature at different rates.absolutely right!just as i said,some matters here are totally blown up like balloon!!people,please concentrate on the basic!!dont fuss about so much!!!no need to..

Fantastic
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Did anyone see the "evils" Sveta and Sania gave each other at the net after their match? It was such a cold handshake after such a terrific match. Their death stares could've killed. No smiles, no words, not even a nod of respect for each other. Was there any animosity between them in the past or in the locker rooms?