PDA

View Full Version : Favorites for the Title So Far..

TeamUSA#1
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:39 PM
What do we think of the seeds chances for wining this thing so far based on their play thus far.....

Davenport--- looking pretty strong so far, will have to get past Kim- if she does, great shot at making the Finals.

Mauresmo---- looking very strong, but cant beat Davenport or Kim; SF is where it ends for her

Kuzy--- massive struggles so far, too many errors.... QF at best

Dementieva---QFrun for her, which is pretty good considering her serve and this is grass

Myskina--- nice turn around for this poor, troubled girl... unfortunately probably wont get past ED

Serena---rusty, some big struggles against qualifiers??? Could see her losing to Vee in round 4, though this is Wimbledon.....

Venus---some nice aggressive play so far, although some erratic groundies here and there---- bet she takes out Serena and goes onto the SFs against Maria; keep coming forward Vee and you can go far in this Slam

Maria--- very solid so far in her title defense--- meet one of the Finalist

Kimmie--- smokin' good so far! Great shot at upsetting Davenport and then going on to the Finals.....

What do you all think?????

manu
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:50 PM
So far Lindsay, Kim, Amélie and Maria have looked most convincing to me.

Serena and Sveta have both struggled, but Sveta has done it against much tougher opponents, and Serena's injured.

Dementieva, Myskina and Venus have looked mediocre, Anastasia's playing a third set right now.

Though I don't think this tells anything. 2 matches is just too little to base yourself on... Possible that some top players are just having their usual crush matches against weaker opponents, possible that Sveta and Serena will benefit from their tough rounds, also possible that their form isn't top... Could go either way! The 4th round will be the first real indicator of who will go deep in the draw IMO.

Experimentee
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Kim and Lindsay always crush their early opponents but falter mentally in the latter rounds. Serena normally struggles first but wins the title, but it may be different if she has an injury.

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
the true favorites are davenport, serena, and sharpie.

i honestly feel like we could have a momo/dementieva vs. clijsters semi though and then...a serena/sharpie semi.

either way, the final would be interesting and i'd be happy.

SilK
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM
the winner of the Myskina - Jankovic match will win the title :p

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
My favorite to win it now is Venus Williams....If she can cut back on unforced errors she can win. I've always said..Venus has the game to beat ANYBODY at ANYTIME on the tour if she plays the way she did in 2000-2003. My second would be Davenport...I think she derserves another title before she decides to quit...she's really made some improvements from the past year and gotten herself back as a top player.

Babolatpro880
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
At this point, I think that the winner of Clijsters/Davenport (assuming it occurs) will get to the final. The other finalist at this point will probably be Sharapova. I think (maybe more of a hope) that Kim weill get past Davenport then beat Maria in the final.

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:43 PM
i think we need to start mentioning ana ivanovic in these things.