PDA

View Full Version : Tactics you think will beat certain players!

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:04 AM
You can agree, disagree ....share your comments..

Davenport- MAKE HER RUN....because she will not chase balls down...she's a little faster than the previous years, but she does not like to run after balls.

Sharapova- Everybody knows this girl loves to hit and she plays a baseline game. She can run down balls at the baseline, but she is VERY slow when chasing down balls at the net....2 words DROP SHOTS...serve and volley is her worst enemy.

Williams Sisters- Evidently this tactic works...the players know they don't play alot because of outside activities and their game is rusty from when they use to dominate a few years ago, SO....keep the ball in play and wait for them to make the unforced error...*especially with Venus*

Clisters- I think if the players play their game and stay with her, her nerves will begin to effect her game and its a downhill spiral from then on...as always with her and big events.

Mauresmo-Fast serves and GO FOR THE LINES...from watching her matches..when you get her off the court its hard for her to get the ball back in...and she cannot return hard and fast serves that well.

The Russians (Kuenesova/Myskina)- From watching them..they are on and off...and very iffy. Basically if the players catch them on their off day...they can eat them up, but will have to be on their game to take them off....if the Russians are on.

Paldias
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Serena - "The Hand"

cartmancop
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Justine- I think to beat her you have to force the issue. Go for your shots and put her on the defensive immediately which makes her uncomfortable....not on clay of course but on hard, grass, etc. Overpowering her is still the best bet. I'm not sure what works best against JHH on clay.

switz
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Schnyder - annoy her or play her on grass :lol:

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Good thread :).

ceiling_fan
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Sharapova and Davenport - Outhit them :lol:

thelittlestelf
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:50 AM
To beat Sharapova a retrieving game (like Kim's) mixed in with a bit of power and net play can be deadly.

AjdeNate!
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Sprem - just keep the ball close to being in the court. She'll hit 42378945789546754 errors and lose. Oh, and you have to draw her in Round 1, since that's the only chance you have to beat play her.

Dokicfan17
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:08 AM
ehehehe i like....

Dementieva ( LOVE U)..ATTACK HER SERVE...many players are just scared of her and dont take advantage of that serve.!!! id eat it up..although she recovers quick and plays amazing defense...id draw her to net and MIX UP EVERY POINT...dementieva has a HARD type with rythym...shes either ON or OFF...i think slices...lobs net play ...and attack her serve...!

Williams: Def. keep ball in play and hit your shots and you'll win

Petrova: Make her run

floriano
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Martinez: Try to take the ball early and move her around, otherwise the topspin, slice and moonballs will have you engaged in endless baseline exchanges. Another strategy might be to approach the net on her slice backhand at any opportunity and hit dropshots as she stands very far behind the baseline. That being said, her oponents' unforced error counts indicate it is easier in theory that in practice.

manu
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Williams sisters: hit the ball consistently very deep down the middle, so they won't have angles! The natural aggressor in them will eventually become frustrated, because they want to take command of the rallies by hitting you off the court with their angles, but you're not allowing them to do so! They'll produce the error or you'll have to end the point by taking one huge risk (eg fast attacking shot down the line and covering the net). Anyway, to beat them, you'll have to be patient and extremely accurate, esp with Serena.

JHH: attack, attack, attack. Play a very aggressive game and keep her on the defense. Keep your errors very low. You'll have to be very accurate with your shots, painting the lines to play her off-balance. Cover your net closely because she'll hit great and difficult-to-volley-off defensive slices. Easier said than done, but you'll have to kind of overpower her I think.

Kim: Probably a bit of the same as with JHH: attack while keeping your errors low and accuracy high. Try to finish the point as quickly as possible, coz she can engage you in rallies for ages. It might sound weird with such a strong and athletic player as Kim, but I think you also kind of have to overpower her, hit harder than she does.

Lindsay: Spread your shots, use the whole court while consistently hitting your shots deep. This is the opposite tactic of trying to beat a Williams. Occasionally hit a low and deep slice, or a dropshot to mix it up and to not give her any rhythm. The basic thing is to keep up with her tempo and use her pace to make her run.

Maria: haven't seen her play (and lose) enough to give my opinion.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:30 PM
ehehehe i like....

Dementieva ( LOVE U)..ATTACK HER SERVE...many players are just scared of her and dont take advantage of that serve.!!! id eat it up..although she recovers quick and plays amazing defense...id draw her to net and MIX UP EVERY POINT...dementieva has a HARD type with rythym...shes either ON or OFF...i think slices...lobs net play ...and attack her serve...!

Williams: Def. keep ball in play and hit your shots and you'll win

Petrova: Make her run
YES

I forgot about:

Demintieva- Her serves yell..."KILL ME" Her serves are very weak....I believe 90 is about the fastest she can get em to go. If you can hold your serve you will be fine..because she is very breakable on her serve.

Capriati- Attack her second serve! Also, stay with her througout the match...she tends to fall under pressure by double faulting and making unforced errors when times get tough. Target her backhand because her forehand (especially the running forehand) will eat you up!

Henin-Hardenne- I agree with everyone...she just cannot hold up when you out hit her...when the ball is coming too fast, it throws her powerful backhand off....and even her improved forehand. She is not a good returner because of her height...so a good hard serve will do it in for her too.

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Demintieva- Her serves yell..."KILL ME" Her serves are very weak....I believe 90 is about the fastest she can get em to go. If you can hold your serve you will be fine..because she is very breakable on her serve.

a lot of people have trouble with her serve because she slices it in...so it's low and hard to get a real winner off. and she's hit 111 mph serves before (this year, in fact) but it's like a confidence thing. she can hit them hard but i guess she doesn't for some weird reason. :confused:

the thing is...the few people that have dementieva's serve figured out own her. like jhh, clijsters, and serena.