PDA

View Full Version : If I hear 3 match points one more time...I'm making a bomb

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Why do the commentators feel the need mention that Sharapova had 3 mps in the SF at the AO against Serena everytime she plays?? Give Serena some damn credit for being a champion, and a PROVEN champion with 7 friggin' GS titles more than any other player currently on tour. It's funny how when they say 3 mps, they never say that one was taken from a smacking forehand from Serena, and the other when Serena wrongfooted Sharapova for another winner. Or the fact that Serena totally out smarted Sharapova through most of that game down 4-5

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Sharpie did not choke in Australia. She hit one forehand long, but Serena hit two clean forehand winners. Maria should have won, no doubt, but Serena found form, and Maria wasn't at her best, so...

ZAK
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:44 AM
I think they are complimenting on Serena toughness more than anything, and it did happen

Geisha
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Sharpie did not choke in Australia. She hit one forehand long, but Serena hit two clean forehand winners. Maria should have won, no doubt, but Serena found form, and Maria wasn't at her best, so...

Maria wasn't at her best? I beg to differ. She was up 6-2, 5-4 at one point. She won 11 of 17 games- that is pretty 'best' if you ask me. Not to mention, she went up 5-3 in the last set. Serena outplayed her at the end of that match, no doubt about it. Maria's level of play never dropped, Serena's was just rising and rising and the true Champion of the Tour showed on that day.

vettipooh
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Why do the commentators feel the need mention that Sharapova had 3 mps in the SF at the AO against Serena everytime she plays?? Give Serena some damn credit for being a champion, and a PROVEN champion with 7 friggin' GS titles more than any other player currently on tour. It's funny how when they say 3 mps, they never say that one was taken from a smacking forehand from Serena, and the other when Serena wrongfooted Sharapova for another winner. Or the fact that Serena totally out smarted Sharapova through most of that game down 4-5Because Mary Jo is trying to imply that she should not have lost to Serena....Just before that she says that Sharapova rarely loses to a player she shouldn't lose to, implyimg Serena, then caps it off with the 3 match point thing to support her claim.:rolleyes: In other words, Mary jo is still pissed that Rena won AO:lol::lol: :lol:

Oneofakind0490
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Serena will never live that down. They will always talk about it.

They are also talking about Henman after almost segment. Im tired of him already.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Serena will never live that down. They will always talk about it.

They are also talking about Henman after almost segment. Im tired of him already.

I love Tim Henman, but HATE him during Wimbledon. All you hear is Tim Henman, Tim Henman, Tim Henman. It's so annoying. Even Lleyton Hewitt during the Australian doesn't get that much airplay.