PDA

View Full Version : Will Wimby Organizers Wake Up and put 2 Womens Matches on Centre / Court for Sat?

pierce0415
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Everyday so far it has been 2 men's matches and 1 women's match on Centre Court and Court 1. :o

On Saturday, the only marquee men's matches should be of Roddick and Marray (unless they suddenly have anointed Grojean, Gasquet, Coria or T Johnasson marquee players) :tape:

So the should put one men's match (Marray and Roddick) on each of the two biggest courts. And have 2 women's matches.

Something like this:

Centre Court

V Williams vs. Hantuchova
Sharapova vs. Srebotnik
Marray vs. Nalbandian

Court 1
Pierce vs. Ivanovic
S Williams vs. Craybas
Roddick vs. Andreev

ceiling_fan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:17 AM
I don't think venus and hantuchova will be on centre court...

Hurley
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Marray lost 1R.

lucashg
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:19 AM
It's Murray. Gasquet is a teen-sensation and his match will definitely have much more appeal than some of Sharapova's thrashing of Srebotnik.

I think it'll feature Murray vs Nalbandian, Roddick vs Andreev and the women's match can be either Venus vs Hantuchova or Pierce vs Ivanovic.

~Cherry*Blossom~
I think they want to have a long session, which is why they put two mens matches and one womens. As people pay money for tickets they may feel that they deserve a long day of tennis. Putting two women's matches and one men's match will most likely result in the crowd seeing less tennis!

This is just what I think, but I don't care. I think they should put more women's matches on court. I prefer to watch the women play rather than then men!

Emerald
I would call Coria & Gasquet 'marquee' and even Grosjean. They're all exciting shotmakers

Mr_Molik
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Your guaranteed a more exciting and higher quality match than Serena vs Craybas or Sharapova vs Srebotnik when two men in the top 200 are playing, doesn't matter who they are. To say that players like Coria, Gasquet, Grosjean and Johansson arent marquee is a bit :retard:

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
It's Murray. Gasquet is a teen-sensation and his match will definitely have much more appeal than some of Sharapova's thrashing of Srebotnik.

I think it'll feature Murray vs Nalbandian, Roddick vs Andreev and the women's match can be either Venus vs Hantuchova or Pierce vs Ivanovic.

RIght because there is definately a shot in hell that they would put Pierce/Ivanovic on centre court:rolleyes: . I think they will put two women's matches on court one. They can't put Sharpie on graveyard (it would be sacreligious to them,) and they can't put Serena on court two again if they put Gasquet on a show court (which they are going to do.) Therefore, it will probably be:

Roddick
Venus
Andrew Murray

Sharapova
Gasquet
Serena

Though they might put Coria on. They are misogynist enough to find some male to put on over a two time champ or the defending champ, but, hopefully, they will use their brains and not do that.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I think they want to have a long session, which is why they put two mens matches and one womens. As people pay money for tickets they may feel that they deserve a long day of tennis. Putting two women's matches and one men's match will most likely result in the crowd seeing less tennis!

This is just what I think, but I don't care. I think they should put more women's matches on court. I prefer to watch the women play rather than then men!

Ideally, they should be like every other tournament and start at 11 or 12 and have two men's and two women's. I know they can't really start at 11 (the practice courts don't become dew free until 10 or so,) but 12 is not out of the picture. The average men's match takes 2-3 hours. The average women's match takes 1-2. They have 9 hours of daylight if they start at 12. Unless they have three marathon matches, they'd be able to get all four in.

fammmmedspin
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:53 AM
and Momo joins Nastya on court 13..........

At least Henman won't monopolise centre or 1 any more.....

jfk
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Your guaranteed a more exciting and higher quality match than Serena vs Craybas or Sharapova vs Srebotnik when two men in the top 200 are playing, doesn't matter who they are. To say that players like Coria, Gasquet, Grosjean and Johansson arent marquee is a bit :retard:
Gasquet is definitely "marquee" for the moment at least. Grosjean is I suppose since he's been in the semis here before. Coria definitely is not and should not be on Centre or Court 1 at a grass court tournament. And you lost all credibility saying that Johansson is marquee....I don't care if he's won a slam....it doesn't make him interesting.

pierce0415
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:21 AM
These men can play competitive matches but we have four women's Grand Slam champs playing!

Chunchun
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Centre Court

Sharapova vs. Srebotnik
Marray vs. Nalbandian

Court 1
Pierce vs. Ivanovic
S Williams vs. Craybas
Roddick vs. Andreev

Centre Court
S Williams vs. Craybas
Sharapova vs. Srebotnik
Marray vs. Nalbandian

Court 1
Pierce vs. Ivanovic
Roddick vs. Andreev

VeeDaQueen
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:45 AM
It ain't gonna happen. Venus will be on Court 2 again. But it is a compliment though. Maria still isn't good enough to play on the Graveyard of CHAMPIONS :bounce:

Mr_Molik
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Gasquet is definitely "marquee" for the moment at least. Grosjean is I suppose since he's been in the semis here before. Coria definitely is not and should not be on Centre or Court 1 at a grass court tournament. And you lost all credibility saying that Johansson is marquee....I don't care if he's won a slam....it doesn't make him interesting.
I don't care if its grass Coria is "marquee" wherever he plays because of his game. I agree that Thomas Johansson isn't, I thought it was Joachim.

Mr_Molik
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Centre Court
S Williams vs. Craybas
Sharapova vs. Srebotnik
Marray vs. Nalbandian

Court 1
Pierce vs. Ivanovic
Roddick vs. Andreev
Why are you guys even considering it? It will not change for the simple reason that people pay extra to get seats on the big courts so therefore want to see as much tennis as possible.

Mr_Molik
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Everyone on here act as if the general public thinks the same as them. You people who rather women's tennis to men's are the minority.

potty
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:14 AM
They have before put 2 womens matches on court 1 on the middle Saturday! A couple of times in the past I have gone and they have had 2 womens matchs on court1 for the Saturday!

The time I had court 1 tickets on they Saturday they put on Seles vs Sugiyama and Venus vs Maureen Drake! They also had some mens match that I didn't watch as I went off to court 3 to watch the great Conchi that year :)

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:00 AM
oh god im on court 1 tomoz - dont make me watch Mary Pierce! Id fall asleep!

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
hmm, I am pretty sure that Vee and Dani will at least be the featured womens' match on Centre Court tomorrow as;
1. Vee hasn't been given a chance to play on CC yet.
2. Vee is also a former two-time champion at Wimbly.
3. Vee is a Williams sister after all, hence a crowd puller ;)
4. Dani is always very popular at Wimbledon, even more well known at Wimbly than moat of the Russian players with the exception of Maria S :)

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Play starts at 12 noon

First up Federer then Kim then Murray on Centre

Maria first on One

That is all BBc said

I assume Davenport will be 2nd on Court One

nooo not maria! hope lindsays on 1

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
centre court is gonna be playing for a longgggggggggggg time methinks

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
wow so once again iŽll only see mens tennis tomorrow -_- great :fiery:

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:39 PM
well at least I think there is a good chance Vee's match will be shown live on tv tomorrow :) (btw, I don't have bbc interactive or anything, otherwise I would be fine)

lindsayno1
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:39 PM
i wanna swap my court 1 tix for court 2 :@

ptkten
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
does anyone know what matches NBC and ESPN are planning to feature?

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
i wanna swap my court 1 tix for court 2 :@
awwwww lol. luckily when i entered the ballot, my faves were on the court for the tickets i had which was lucky :) would hate to think what would happen if they weren't. maybe you can go in the standing area of court 2 for Lindsay's match?

ezekiel
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Damn there is no chance of seeing Ivanovic vs Pierce match when they have Roger and Maria at the same time and you just know if it's a blowout they'll still push it down our throats :fiery: