PDA

View Full Version : today when I turned on ESPN,

Hots4Safin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
it was unfortunately one of the segments where we have to listen to Moron Chris Fowler, Know-it-all Brad Gilbert and Head-up-her-ass Pam Shriver...anyway they must have just finished showing whatever pathetic amount of MINUTES from Venus' match ...and I swear by the way Pam was talking I thought Venus had just been upset. All of them were rambling on and on about how EVERYONE knows and frequently talks about how to hit to her forehand, and now the backhand is breaking down too. Pam is such a hater...I NEVER hear them talk so much about ANY OTHER player and which weakness they hold. Then I was like, oh well maybe she dropped a set or something. Come to find out she won 7-5 6-3 STRAIGHT SETS and they were still talking about her like a DOG. I hope she wins this tournament SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD! And maybe now that Henman lost we'll actually get to see a full Venus match. :fiery:

Famu_lady
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
I hear you!!! Those commentators are to much. They are just jealous because they were never half as good as Venus was and is during their prime time.

cellophane
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:56 PM
They showed most of the match from 4-3 in the first set, and it's not like it wasn't true about Venus' backhand, not that I like any of them...

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:57 PM
venus backhand is also making so many errors....

Serena!
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
omg I know! It's especially Pam though. Like she can't talk about the sisters, more Venus though, in a good waY! It's incredibley annoying. Whenever they're talking about who they think is going to win, etc. She always thinks that they'll lose, always talk about them negatively! UGH I DO NOT LIKE PAM SHRIVER!

rhz
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I can't believe Pam was Venus mentor once!

Hots4Safin
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM
BUMP! Just reading through some old threads and came across this one. Mid Wimbledon commentating had Venus on the ropes from the second round. Too bad she shut them all up and won!

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I hear you!!! Those commentators are to much. They are just jealous because they were never half as good as Venus was and is during their prime time.

Listen to me when I tell you that NONE of them, I mean NONE of them have ever won a grand slam singles title, and they're trying to give advice to grand slam singles title holders on how to win more OF THEM..........

Their kinda fucked up. Pam Shriver needs to sit her giraffe ass down and recognize.

serenafann
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Pam at one point was one of the few people who spoke up for them and was not so negative as others, saying at one time that she"Got them".but she reached a new low at the 2005 Australian Open when she let Mary Carillo goad her into saying that Venus and Serena were in decline ofcourse they then went on to win the Aussie open and Wimbledon that year.

PLP
Apr 13th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Just because a player has won a match doesn't make them above criticism...take Justine today...they were totally critical of her, and she didn't play that well, so it was deserved. There just doing there job, and MOST of the time they are tolerable...most of the time>P