PDA

View Full Version : bbc highlights, women's round up, Serena plays with fractured ankle!?!

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
i think they're exagerrating it so much.. if it was fractured i'm sure she wouldn't be able to play~

hope serena plays better in the next round~

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
When did she fracture her ankle?

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
i think they were exaggerating her ankle injury.

jenny161185
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
My mam was wathcing it and laughed and said belive me if her ankle was fractured she wouldnt be playing! a slight Sprain maybe!

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
but in the interview.. i've just read... it says the radiologist said she has a fracture!

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Q. Another first‑set struggle there, but you regained your form. Can you just talk in depth about your ankle and what's going on with it, what type of treatment you have to receive. Is it ligament or bone or...?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, I was feeling a little problems in my left leg in the beginning, so it was kind of just getting the feeling, getting used to it. So it's more bone.

Q. And so can it be treated or is it just something you have to play through the pain and then rest it after the tournament?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Right now I'm working on playing through the pain and just seeing how it goes. And just taking it a match every day, if I can.

Q. So what did the doctor say? Is it a slight fracture? What exactly is it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, that's what the radiologist report was.

Q. And the radiologist' recommendation was what, that you let it heal?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think with fractures you have to let it heal with time and let it go. Play it by ‑‑ but, you know, it's weird. Because with me, some days it feels good and then as long as ‑‑ in general, as long as I tape it, it's okay. I haven't felt, you know...

Then some days it gets a little cold maybe and it gets a little strange feeling. But I have to have pretty heavy taping on it.

Q. You said you had four weeks off, right?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I had a long time off.

azinna
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:45 PM
Voila. It's the only way to explain why that claycourt injury is still an issue now.

Both sisters should seriously consider having their ankles taped (even braced a la Chang) during all matches. They play too athletic a game, and are now too injury prone, not to take full precautions.