PDA

View Full Version : Commentator Ted Robinson Says If Venus & Serena Play In Round 4, Expect Venus To Win

lizchris
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
Ted Robinson, a commentator for NBC Sports, was just on ESPN radio here in NY and he said that he hopes Venus and Serena meet in the fourth round. He says if they do, expect Venus to reach the QF because in his opinion, she is playing better than Serena.

ptkten
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
Well, they're both kind of shaky right now, I actually think Serena in the third set today was the best set either of them have played here but I hope I'm wrong and Venus takes this, I think she wants and deserves this more.

tennisIlove09
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
I would agree based on the first two rounds. However, every match is different. Anything can happen :)

SJW
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
since when is previous rounds a concrete indicator of who's gonna win? :scratch: Wimby 00 anybody? Australian 03?

venus_rulez
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
And besides in all the times the Sisters met in their slam finals, Venus played better than Serena in getting there except the U.S. Open in '02. That's a difference between the two is Venus usually plays better tennis overall, but Serena has always been better at playing good when I need to tennis.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
I also picked Venus to win. I just believe in her :)

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
since when is previous rounds a concrete indicator of who's gonna win? :scratch: Wimby 00 anybody? Australian 03?
Thank you!!!

Remember Lindsay laying down the double bagel on Sharapova then losing the next round? Remember Justine being down match points and playing more than one three set match before beating Sharapova in straights (FO-05), keeping in mind Sharapova, to that point, hadn't lost a set?

The fact that Serena is still dealing with an injury is justifiable reasoning to think Venus might win, but not Serena's play based on the previous rounds, the previous round only tells us how player A faired against player B on that given day, nothing more.

Dana Marcy
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:25 PM
since when does Ted Robinson or any other commentator's predictions mean shit:confused:

THANK YOU! :yeah:

The match IF IT HAPPENS could go either way. You nevber know Venus could stink it up in the 3rd Round. :shrug:

Brooks.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
to be honest i can see venus playing well against serena but i also could see her losing in the qf or semi afterwards whereas with serena i think if she beats venus, no matter how unhealthy she is ......she could still contend for the title.........either way i think its a lose lose situation............oh and question to ptkten......how does venus "deserve it more"??

tennisbum79
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
to be honest i can see venus playing well against serena but i also could see her losing in the qf or semi afterwards whereas with serena i think if she beats venus, no matter how unhealthy she is ......she could still contend for the title.........either way i think its a lose lose situation............oh and question to ptkten......how does venus "deserve it more"??

Hope if Venus does win, she will make the best of her opportunity in the next round. But she has to win the next match first

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think I disagree, it's all subject to Serena's injury.

Venus has certainly won easier, but her numbers are alot worse than Serena's. Though she had tough 3 setters her stats are well in the positive + side, but her movement seems questionable and she's taking waaay too long to get going, against a top 20 player it might cost her the match.

jenny161185
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think Venus would win if they meet - from what Ive seen of Serena she can t seem to string too many rallies together

itzhak
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
If they'll keep playing so poor- let them play in court 19...

alexusjonesfan
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
since when does Ted Robinson or any other commentator's predictions mean shit:confused:

well the other commentators are at least former players, Ted Robinson knows jack shit

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:13 PM
I think Venus would win if they meet - from what Ive seen of Serena she can t seem to string too many rallies together

I guess you have not been watching her matches thus far.:rolleyes:

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
I always expected Venus to win, but Ted Robinson don't know shit.

Kabezya
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:26 PM

What does the court have to do with their matchup?

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM

wth are you talking about:rolleyes:

hingis-seles
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
If they play, I'd expect a Serena victory.

Stamp Paid
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
I agree, when Venus plays Serena, she will serve well, be hlla aggresive, and try to smother Serena at net. If Serena isnt fit, shes going down. In 3 sets though.

GoDominique
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Serena would win.