PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's pity for Sesil! But it's so bitch!

Wiggly
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
From Maria Interview after her match (wimbledon.org)

Q. In the second set, did you allow her to win that game or did you want to win it 6‑0?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know how it feels to lose 0‑0, and it's not a good feeling, so I just let it go (laughter).

I think it's fine to let's one game (altought Sesil playing well in this game) but losing 6-0 6-1 is so hard and you don't have to say " I let it go" cuz it,s so humiliated...

Hwne Sesil vs Maria verbal fight will end? ;)

volta
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
wth she let it go?! the almighty Maria :rolleyes: even if itīs true that is not a very nice thing to say in a interview. and now that i was starting to like Maria she does this :fiery:

SelesFan70
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
Tracy Austin would not be pleased! NEVER let your opponent "have" a point, much less a game. :tape:

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
well there may be some truth to that. afterall, those are the ONLY 4 points sesil won in that second set. either that or maria's making a little catty joke about letting a game go to another one of nick's kids.

goldenlox
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Why should Maria be nice to Sesil? Get famous from results, not insults.

Q. Did you allow yourself to feel sorry for her?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. It's hard to feel sorry for your opponents. Unfortunately, this is an individual sport.

Q. Have you had words since those comments were initially made?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. Did you speak in the locker room afterwards today?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. We're in different locker rooms, because I'm in the members' locker room. Sorry. I'm not trying to brag, that's just a fact.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
Shes getting cocky and arrogant but that wont matter because shes a pretty innocent blond russian.

*Karen*
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Quite right too. Sesil hasn't exactly been all sweetness in certain interviews about Maria.

_LuCaS_
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:04 PM
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know how it feels to lose 0?0, and it's not a good feeling, so I just let it go (laughter).

Is this suppose to make Lindsay feel bad? :lol:

Joana
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Lindsay also admitted giving a pity game to Gala Leon Garcia at US Open '99.

TakeThat
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Shes getting cocky and arrogant but that wont matter because shes a pretty innocent blond russian.
Sisil was a total bitch to Sharapova. Without any provocation. She deserves every bit of ridicule she gets for her losses to Sharapova. It's a lesson to every young athlete - you may get infamy for your trash-talking, but you earn respect for your results.

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
A pity game :o :tape:

Even if it were true I wouldn't say that..ouch :p

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Tracy Austin would not be pleased! NEVER let your opponent "have" a point, much less a game. :tape:

Tracy knows.

She lost her last match against Graf 0-6 0-6 ......

SelesFan70
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Tracy knows.

She lost her last match against Graf 0-6 0-6 ......

:haha: I had forgotten about that.

Whatzup
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
Pff.. :rolleyes:

Paialii
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Heh. I think that was an excuse on Sharapova's end for allowing a game to slip by that shouldn't have. I don't believe in pity games... I think it's more or less the commanding player being so relaxed that they're losing points and don't really care at that point because of their lead. That IS different than simply "allowing" the opposition to have a game.

Martian KC
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. We're in different locker rooms, because I'm in the members' locker room. Sorry. I'm not trying to brag, that's just a fact.

What?

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
maria ewwww.....::slaps maria sharapova::

jenny161185
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:45 PM
haha funny comment Id love to be in the members locker room - must be pretty full with Serena Venus and Conchita!

Sam L
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:49 PM
Go Maria. Tell her off.

xan
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
Well. Maria did win every single point in that set except those four.

I don't know about a pity game though. Sesil won her first point of the set in the 4th game. and the crowd gave her a huge cheer. They cheered the next point too. Perhaps Maria let the rest of the game go. I don't know. But she was back in ruthless mode again for the rest of the match.

Maria Croft
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
she really didn't gave her a pity game, that is not Maria's style, plus, she said that in her interview that you can't pity your opponent

To be honest I think Maria was just trying to get even with Sesil with that comment, without really saying something bad

she was really nice in her interview about Sesil, I don't think it has anything to do with arrogance at all

lizchris
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:53 PM
haha funny comment Id love to be in the members locker room - must be pretty full with Serena Venus and Conchita!

And Lindsay.

lizchris
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
What?

Exactly.

All she had to say was that they are in different locker rooms and left it at that. Talking like that makes her sound like an arrogant snob.:rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
i think the locker room maria uses is for ALL the seeded players.
remember last year lindsay had to TELL maria that she was allowed into the seeded players' locker room because she was using the regular one?

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Maria :worship:

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Exactly.

All she had to say was that they are in different locker rooms and left it at that. Talking like that makes her sound like an arrogant snob.:rolleyes:
wtf are you talking about? they ARE in different locker rooms. maria is a member AND a seeded player. she just gave the info.

darrinbaker00
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM

If Venus or Serena had said that, we'd be up to 200+ posts by now.

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
:sad:

:yawn:

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM

I'd hope not.

miranda_lou
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
What?

Seeded players have a different locker AND once you win Wimbledon you are a "member" which means you have another locker room separate for the "non-members." Remember, this is England where class systems still exist.:lol: :lol:

After you have won at Wimbledon you will forever have a seat at the All England Club. A very good seat!!!:kiss: Steffi uses hers to watch Andre (when he shows up to play).

Slumpsova
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
she's so 18 :rolleyes:

switz
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
maria is the classic case of someone who has let success and fame go to their head.

everything she does and says is so fake. it's sad.

Buitenzorg
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
How did Maria feel when she lost to Lindsay 0-6 0-6 ? :eek:

Junex
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:38 PM

hmmm....shallow.......

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Hypocrisy rules on this board once again.:rolleyes:

Junex
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
I dnt like this words coming from maria for Sesil since i like both very much.

Only that, I notice, Sesil seems to bring out the bitchiness in Maria.
I guess its a teenage rivalry thing, since both are from Bolletieri and maybe, Maria still hasn't gotten over that "kick her butt" comment.

WorldWar24
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
I fail to see what's arrogant about "I know what it's like losing 0-6 0-6 so I let 1 game go". And about the different locker rooms she said she was not trying to brag, said sorry, what more did you expect?

Junex
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Hypocrisy rules on this board once again.:rolleyes:

Hypocrisy...what? :eek:

What does it need for someone from the RC to bring up S & V in this thread anyway?
If you really think that it pains you to know the "double standard" the sisters have always had to endure, then why did i feel like it always gives you pleasure to tell it over and over this board about it?
As if you feel proud that only the sisters are treated this way, are you?

Damn, I guess you are trying to hard...................

Chunchun
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
:rolls: :tape:typical!

Junex
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
maria is the classic case of someone who has let success and fame go to their head.

My advise, read the entire transcript, you will realized you are sadly mistaken.

Stamp Paid
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:00 PM

lmao, Masha! *dead*

ceiling_fan
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:29 PM
wtf are you talking about? they ARE in different locker rooms. maria is a member AND a seeded player. she just gave the info.

i think lizchris meant to say that maria could have left it at,.... " we're in different locker rooms, so i didn't talk to her" , or "we're in different locker rooms because i'm a member" ... but she shouldn't've said, i'm not trying to brag or anything, because by saying that, it makes her sound like she was.

lizchris
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:33 PM

Between you and me, I think the media already knows that. I don't they needed her to remind them of that, espeically the British press.

lizchris
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
i think lizchris meant to say that maria could have left it at,.... " we're in different locker rooms, so i didn't talk to her" , or "we're in different locker rooms because i'm a member" ... but she shouldn't've said, i'm not trying to brag or anything, because by saying that, it makes her sound like she was.

That's exactly what I meant.;)

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say.:worship: :worship:

switz
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:46 PM
My advise, read the entire transcript, you will realized you are sadly mistaken.

why? i fail to see how what she says to media is going to change my opinion. that is were players are at their fakest.

switz
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
I fail to see what's arrogant about "I know what it's like losing 0-6 0-6 so I let 1 game go".

Simply because it was in all probability a lie. If your saw the way she played that match and the way her father acted after she won it i think it was clear she wanted to not drop a point to Sesil, let alone a game.

Sesil actually hit some good shots in the game as well.

*JR*
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:32 AM

Better than letting first a freaky guru, and then a Criminal Conman go to one's head. Now that's really sad.

Dan23
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Anyone here actually heard or saw the whole interview?

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Um, guys, she said she "let it go" not that she gave away a game. She just said, "I didn't really fight for it as much" because she expected to win anyway. That's not bitchy at all:confused: .

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Simply because it was in all probability a lie. If your saw the way she played that match and the way her father acted after she won it i think it was clear she wanted to not drop a point to Sesil, let alone a game.

Maria hit three unforced errors. She made five unforced errors during the rest of the match.

lucashg
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Maria hit three unforced errors. She made five unforced errors during the rest of the match.

Weren't they most unreturned serves? Whatever, I just don't believe she gave Karatantcheva a pity game which honestly is a good thing because the way that girl was playing she deserved to lose 60 60.

By the way, Sharapova's comments are really bitchy in a not so subtle way, but as she didn't started this wanna-be rivalry, it doesn't really matter. :p Congrats Maria!

lucashg
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:58 AM

That's true. She wanted to finish that match ASAP in the most humilliating way. Can't blame her, it's good once in a while players find themselves in such sadistic modes.

Lemonskin.
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:19 AM
I dnt like this words coming from maria for Sesil since i like both very much.

Only that, I notice, Sesil seems to bring out the bitchiness in Maria.
I guess its a teenage rivalry thing, since both are from Bolletieri and maybe, Maria still hasn't gotten over that "kick her butt" comment.
Hasn't gotten over it?

Sesil said she'd kick Maria's butt...

They've played 3 times, its 3-0 to Maria, and two of those were thrashings.

Rub
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:51 AM
:yeah:

Dan23
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Weren't they most unreturned serves?
Nah they were unforced errors, 2 of them on FH returns off 2nd serves if I recall correctly :)

Maria was over this a long time ago but it gets bought up again each time they play...and Maria played the way she would have against any young, inexperienced grasscourt player

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:55 AM
:D Maria :hearts:

Sesil started this. Maria deserves respect from this 15yr old. :p

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Get famous from results, not insults.
Why should Maria be nice to Sesil?
That's right, why should Masha? Karatancheva doesn't think Masha is charming anyway. See the quote below:
Q. Have you seen her here? (at Indian Wells in March 2004)

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm on Maria's side. Sesil started some shit, and Maria let her know what's up with 3 consecutive wins over the big mouth.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Maria :worship:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:31 AM
6-0 6-1 is just a Wimbledon Knockout for a T-shirt with the words "California Knockout" that Karatancheva was wearing at her pre-match press conference at Indian Wells on March 13, 2004.

jacobruiz
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Maria:worship:

If anyone cares to actually read the interview posted on the Wimbledon site they will see that Maria totally downplayed the incident concerning Sesil's "kick her ass off" comments that the media keeps trying to exploit, saying that it was in the past and inoffensive. She was really very nice about it.

If she explained about the separate locker rooms a little too much for some people perhaps they should take a deep breath and let out some of that hatred.

And as has already been explained here, Maria said she "let it go", meaning the last point or two probably, not "I gave her a free game".

Some people just love to put down Maria and then there are others who complain if anyone defends her that it's a "double standard".:rolleyes:

ginger_fish668
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Love Maria. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Between you and me, I think the media already knows that. I don't they needed her to remind them of that, espeically the British press.
Yes, that's right - "the media already knows that".

But the interview isn't for the media only; it's also for you and me, for all of us the lovely WTAworld.com members and for general public.

Volcana
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:01 AM

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. We're in different locker rooms, because I'm in the members' locker room. Sorry. I'm not trying to brag, that's just a fact.Maria Sharapova. All class, grace and humility.

bello
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:21 AM
ah well...karma i guess....Im sure Sesil is eating her words now...and I guess the result was pay back enough, but if it were me after Sesil's comments i probably wouldnt be able to resist either..

Prizeidiot
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I'm not a fan of pity games... what was it Agassi said when he beat a guy 6-1 6-0 6-0 at the Australian Open in 2003? "My mark of respect is not letting him win a point"

Btw, to those who said if a Williams had made those comments, there would be 200 posts. There's 70 here, and the thread isn't dead yet. So there is some consistency in player-bashing :p

Veritas
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Q. In the second set, did you allow her to win that game or did you want to win it 6‑0?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know how it feels to lose 0‑0, and it's not a good feeling, so I just let it go (laughter).

I think it's fine to let's one game (altought Sesil playing well in this game) but losing 6-0 6-1 is so hard and you don't have to say " I let it go" cuz it,s so humiliated...

At least Maria had the sense to be more subtle than Sesil was :tape:

Szymanowski
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't true, and she just said it as a joke; trying to joke that she was in control even at that point in the match. Of course she would've wanted to win 6-0 6-0, but if she couldn't maybe she should joke that she was still in control lol ;)

Maria Croft
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:12 AM

If anyone cares to actually read the interview posted on the Wimbledon site they will see that Maria totally downplayed the incident concerning Sesil's "kick her ass off" comments that the media keeps trying to exploit, saying that it was in the past and inoffensive. She was really very nice about it.

If she explained about the separate locker rooms a little too much for some people perhaps they should take a deep breath and let out some of that hatred.

And as has already been explained here, Maria said she "let it go", meaning the last point or two probably, not "I gave her a free game".

Some people just love to put down Maria and then there are others who complain if anyone defends her that it's a "double standard".:rolleyes:

couldn't have said it better myself :worship:

CooCooCachoo
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:21 AM
They actually showed footage of that interview on Dutch TV. We saw the short clip in which she said she just let go of the game, cause she knows how it feels to lose love and love. This was followed by a fake laugh.

The girl really gets on my nerves more and more every day.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:23 AM

Yes, that is what I interpreted too. Sesil had a lead in the game, but then Maria just decided not to fight for the game anymore and lose it.

I mean even if you do such a thing, you don't admit to it. It makes you look bad rather than good, in my opinion. And you certainly don't laugh a fake laugh after saying it :help:

Slumpsova
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:16 AM
They actually showed footage of that interview on Dutch TV. We saw the short clip in which she said she just let go of the game, cause she knows how it feels to lose love and love. This was followed by a fake laugh.

me too. she always jokes around at the press and not even one was funny IMO :rolleyes:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Maria has every right to be bitchy about Sesil after the things Sesil said about her.

I'd find it hilarious if Williams and Maria were actuially friends since Williams's fanbase would probably be devastated.

And Williams fans please get over it. Maria fans suffers as much crap on this board as you do. :)

SJW
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM
i dont know whether to be outraged or fall on the floor with laughter :devil:

at least this made her interview fun. hopefully more bitchy comments will ensue :)

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Maria has every right to be bitchy about Sesil after the things Sesil said about her.

I'd find it hilarious if Williams and Maria were actuially friends since Williams's fanbase would probably be devastated.
And Williams fans please get over it. Maria fans suffers as much crap on this board as you do. :)
the other way seams to be much probably ;) . none of the Williams fanbase would be devasted none of us is a fan of Williams to hate on Maria we are Williams fans way before Maria was on Tour :kiss:

still what did Sesil said? i didnīt saw :confused:

10nisfanofruz
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Seeded players have a different locker AND once you win Wimbledon you are a "member" which means you have another locker room separate for the "non-members." Remember, this is England where class systems still exist.:lol: :lol:

After you have won at Wimbledon you will forever have a seat at the All England Club. A very good seat!!!:kiss: Steffi uses hers to watch Andre (when he shows up to play).

Thanks for the info :)
I don't watch Maria's interview but I read it. I think that she didn't intend to be a bitch. :tape: She didn't say something bad about Sesil but not not vice versa. ;) I felt her cockyness from the locker room part though. :ras: But after knowing that there are different locker rooms for players, I don't mind her saying that. :shrug: :singer:

*JR*
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I wonder if Samantha Stevenson wants a separate lockerroom @ tournaments.... for all those predatory lesbians!
:devil:

Josh B.
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM

Read the full interview before you start calling her a bitch please! :rolleyes:

volta
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I wonder if Samantha Stevenson wants a separate lockerroom @ tournaments.... for all those predatory lesbians!
:devil:
:haha:

Dan23
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:23 PM

Your constant whinging about Maria gets on my nerves more and more every day too :p

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Your constant whinging about Maria gets on my nerves more and more every day too :p

The everyday bashing of Maria gets on my nerves. :sad:

Dan23
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Q. What statement do you think you made with your racquet after the verbal statement she made about facing you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: You know, that was a long time ago. She's grown up a lot since then. So it's not really worth talking about. It's just a matter of ‑‑ you know, it doesn't matter what happens off the court. It's just going out there and, you know, playing tennis, you know, playing a match.

So I don't really worry about what happens, who talks what. Everybody talks and everybody makes comments. But it's normal. You just have to go out on the court and just have to play. You know, the tennis does the talking all the time.

Q. How difficult did you think this match would be today?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I knew she got to the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam. Obviously, grass is totally different. I don't think she's had as much experience on it as she would have liked. But it's normal for someone that's 15 years old.

You know, I think she still has a lot to develop in her game.
Bitchy?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:48 PM
"I don't really worry about...who talks what. Everybody talks and everybody makes comments. But it's normal. You just have to go out on the court and just have to play. You know, the tennis does the talking all the time." - Sharapova
So if one has time, write whatever you want about Masha. But she won't pay attention to it - she's been like that all along, even when she was very young.

jochem
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Jun 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Bitchy?

Obviously not - to anyone who would rather be fair than jump on the "hate Maria" bandwagon.

And to people on the "double-standard" bandwagon - if it's not fair to criticise Serena for things she says; why is Maria always fair game for you? Don't you have any integrity? If the SAME poster criticises Serena and exonerates Maria for saying the exact same thing, then that poster would be guilty of a double standard.

But that is hardly the case.

TeamUSA#1
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Dont get everyone's beef with Maria around here these days.....

I thought she was just injecting some humor into the interview with that comment...

Plus Sesil has been nothing but rude to Maria up to this point

Louis Cyphre
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM

Everyone who watched the match knows that Masha lie.When Sesil took the game Maria`s face was like "I know that you kill my family"

jacobruiz
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Everyone who watched the match knows that Masha lie.When Sesil took the game Maria`s face was like "I know that you kill my family"

:rolleyes:

You are probably referring to Maria's normal game face. She's always focused and intense and it shows on her face. It has nothing to do with Sesil - Maria's like that with everybody.

gmak
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:32 PM
well maria has every right to say whatever she wants about sesil :devil:

masha :worship: :D

and sesil got what she deserved ( well actually she deserved a double-bagel but it's ok ;) )

TFan1156
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I do not have time to read these 92 posts so excuse any repetition. Keep this in mind, there is often more to interpreting communications than reading words. In other words, how someone says something, voice inflection facial expresssions, can bring a whole new meaning. It is possible that Maria was joking and was actually making a light hearted dig at herself for getting double bageled by Lindsey.

aussie
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:30 AM
i think the locker room maria uses is for ALL the seeded players.
remember last year lindsay had to TELL maria that she was allowed into the seeded players' locker room because she was using the regular one?

really? never knew that. did lindsay actually say that? sounds amusing, in a nice way. and i actually had no idea that sesil had made the rude comments to start with, but if i hadn't known that and read this interview i must say it does sound cocky, arrogant and bitchy to an extent(esp the locker room comment) BUT considering that maria was provoked(in a way) i say it makes it quite an entertaining one. great use of pun by maria :worship:

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Exactly.

I agree.

And she did not give that game away out of sympathy. :rolleyes:

TFan1156
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:48 AM

That fake laugh might be telling you that the comment was fake too. Good thread but it is getting way too much mileage IMO. We are talking about two kids here. Hello? It can be hard to remember that... :D

switz
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Better than letting first a freaky guru, and then a Criminal Conman go to one's head. Now that's really sad.

and being filled with hatred and obsessed for years with someone you don't even know isn't?

and stop sending me PMs please. i have no desire to communicate with you :)

jacobruiz
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:39 AM
I do not have time to read these 92 posts so excuse any repetition. Keep this in mind, there is often more to interpreting communications than reading words. In other words, how someone says something, voice inflection facial expresssions, can bring a whole new meaning. It is possible that Maria was joking and was actually making a light hearted dig at herself for getting double bageled by Lindsey.

Good post and very true. Maria has joked in the past about being double-bageled by Lindsay and jokes around in all her interviews so it's very possible she ws joking about the whole thing.

And I am certain that when Maria said they were in separate locker rooms she said sorry because she REALLY DID NOT WANT TO SOUND ARROGANT! That's the way that Maria is - she is not an arrogant person and she feels no need to be - her tennis does the talking and she is a very nice person off the court.

The posters here who are foaming at the mouth with hatred for Maria when she has done nothing are just pathetic. And enough about Sesil's comments - they are over a year old and she has since repented and made nice comments about Maria. And they're just kids - enough already!

switz
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:50 AM
The posters here who are foaming at the mouth with hatred for Maria when she has done nothing are just pathetic. And enough about Sesil's comments - they are over a year old and she has since repented and made nice comments about Maria. And they're just kids - enough already!

good

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Is this suppose to make Lindsay feel bad? :lol:

:lol:

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:44 AM
well, maybe Graf should have done so with poor Zvereva..... :)

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:46 AM
These Masha bashing threads are just pathetic Anything to bring her down, anyone would think you were obsesed.

TakeThat
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:07 PM
These Masha bashing threads are just pathetic Anything to bring her down, anyone would think you were obsesed.
They really are pathetic. It just tells you how threatened some people are by her presence on a tour. She is certainly not perfect, and should not be above criticism - but threads this this one are just laughable.

PointBlank
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:09 PM

Dont the have a special semi-finalist locker room also?

Strange Famous
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Pretty classless comment

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:19 AM
still what did Sesil said? i didnīt saw :confused:
Karatancheva's pre-match interview at PACIFIC LIFE OPEN INDIAN WELLS. March 13, 2004:

Q. Speaking of just beating the hell out of the ball, you play Sharapova next.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, that's the match I've waited for very long time. So, trust me, I won't play 100%, I'll play 200%.

Q. Tell us what happened.

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I was actually supposed to play in Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I was so prepared. I mean, it was unbelievable. I was just, "Come on the court, you'll see what happen." Then I was, you know, talking to people. You know, I was really into the match. I was like, "You know, I'm going to get there and play my best tennis, I'm going to do everything I can." The day when we were supposed to play, two hours before the match, my agent comes and he goes, "She called it off." I'm like, "Why did she call the match off?" "Because you said you going to kick her ass off." I'm like, you know what, it's my business who I'm telling I'm going to kick his ass off or not. If I said it, I meant it, and I'm not sorry about it. If she's too scared to come on the court, her problem - her problem. I was like, "Whatever. I'm going to get you."

Even then I said, "I'm going to meet you soon." It comes right next to me, right here. She can't call it off this time, that's for sure (laughter).

Q. When did that happen? How many months ago was that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Probably like a couple weeks ago.

Q. Couple weeks ago?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, a couple weeks ago.

Q. She was at the academy?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yeah, practicing. You know what, it was probably like four days before she was going to come down here. So it was probably like two weeks ago.

Q. So you think she was really afraid to play you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know, I really do not know. But I don't think that a player from her rank can call a match off only because somebody said it's going to kick her ass off. If she had the guts, she's going to come kick my ass off and leave.

Q. This is your agent who told you that?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes.

Q. What is his name?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Oliver Vanlindoff. I definitely don't think that's the way.

Q. What did Nick tell you?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: He's like, "Pass it away because you going to get her. You know, calm down. Keep on practicing. Your time is going to come."

Q. Have you seen her here?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming.

Q. She knows who you are?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I don't know. I mean, you know, who knows. I mean, if she's too scared come on the court play against me, hey, she must know me.

Q. You're saying when you play her tomorrow or the next day, you're going to kick her ass?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, I say I'm going to play my best tennis. Normally when I do that, I beat people that are very good. You know, I believe in my game. I believe that my game is something I worked on a lot. I think that if I play it and if I concentrate a hundred percent on something, I can do something unbelievable tomorrow. I mean, that's the way I think. Yes, I do think I can kick her ass off. Yes, I do think that. I'm saying that, I can kick her ass off.

By the way, Masha won that match 3-6 6-3 6-2.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Karatancheva's comment on Anna Kournikova:

Sesil Karatancheva said when asked:

Question: Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?

Karatancheva: Once they even mistook me for Kournikova while I was doing my practice. I am okay with that, although the fist time they compared me to her I thought, "Am I really such a bad player?" Now I know what they mean is I'm just as pretty. This is a compliment, but really no big deal.

ceiling_fan
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Karatancheva's comment on Anna Kournikova:

Sesil Karatancheva said when asked:

:haha: funny girl

Justin
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Lindsay also admitted giving a pity game to Gala Leon Garcia at US Open '99.

No she didn't. Lindsay said she was thinking about it and then Gala won a game on her own accord.

ivanovic
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:35 AM
i have the same attitude so cocky