PDA

View Full Version : The end is near ...

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
..for the Willy sisters.

Serena - the more talented one - has gained weight (her boobs almost force her onto her knees :eek: ), is injured and obviously lacks motivation. Today's match was terrible. Her sister is over the hill already for a long time. Somebody just forgot to tell her.

Two of the most talented players of the 21st century - only shadows of their former selves. And as the Belgians are injured and/or ill most of the time the -ova brigade takes over.
Women's tennis at it's lowest ever.:sad:

I'll switch to Bundesliga football beginning next season.
What do you think, will Borussia coach Horst Köppel sign an experienced central defender just in time before the start of the season?

volta
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
LOL i see some1 is still pissed with Elini :haha: :haha:

Pengwin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Its 2005 not 1994 :wavey:

I guess it would be good if you stopped following tennis though :)

Took the words out of my mouth :)

V-MAC
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Geez you would have sworn they had lost their matches today or something :lol:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Took the words out of my mouth :)

LOL!

Two retards from Finland consecutively ...

Stamp Paid
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
I didnt know the "Willies" were players that kept you watching womens tennis anyway...

Serena!
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
um... I don't think you know what you're talking about. lol They'll be around for at least 3 more years (Nike contracts, Reebok contracts!)

treufreund
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
Calimero is just telling the truth and the truth hurts!

Pengwin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
LOL!

Two retards from Finland consecutively ...

Clearly you have great knowledge of world flags. :)

volta
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
what truth?! the truth that Rena won AO in 05? not really there ;) the truth that she was injuried most of the 05 and that she is at rd 3 of wimbledon dispite her pains? can´t find it either.

oh ur truth must hurt BADLY at least in Wimbledon :wavey: u should know that wagons are not good for ur health. Cali goes from Devil to God in ur mouths when yall like his posts :rolleyes:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
Its 2005 not 1994 :wavey:

I guess it would be good if you stopped following tennis though :)

At the end of 1994 we had 8 slam winners at the first 8 spots in the WTA rankings (3 of them future slam winners).
Two of the greatest-ever among them. And a third great who made 12 slam finals.

Just listen when the names a called:
Graf.
Sanchez.
Martinez.
Novotna.
Pierce.
Davenport.
Sabatini.
Navratilova.

Add to that Date, Zvereva, Huber, Majoli, Fernandez.

Today we have Molik, Bovina, Petrova among the top 12 .....
:lol: :lol:
(Not even mentioning Davenport, Mauresmo types among the top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Brooks.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM

so because venus and serena struggled in 2nd rd. matches they are over ........yet henin loses first round and there is no concern what so ever......wow you haters really have taken it to the next level of stupidity :rolleyes:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
um... I don't think you know what you're talking about. lol They'll be around for at least 3 more years (Nike contracts, Reebok contracts!)

No, not even U.S. tennis player could be so greedy that they would continue to play only for getting endorsement money .....

V-MAC
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
so because venus and serena struggled in 2nd rd. matches they are over ........yet henin loses first round and there is no concern what so ever......wow you haters really have taken it to the next level of stupidity :rolleyes:

exactly and what is also annoying is when Justine struggles through her matches early on in the slams, barely scraping through in the deciding set, her fans just laugh it off saying "oh typical Justine lol". yet nobody suggests she is near the end but of course when it comes to the sisters... :(

SelesFan70
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
The lowest point in women's tennis history was when some psycho asshole stabbed Monica Seles in April 1993....but I digress. :sad:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Clearly you have great knowledge of world flags. :)

I know all the flags of the UN member states.
Admittedly I'm a little bit weak at provincial flags ....

Pengwin
At the end of 1994 we had 8 slam winners at the first 8 spots in the WTA rankings (3 of them future slam winners).

Graf.
Sanchez.
Martinez.
Novotna.
Pierce.
Davenport.
Sabatini.
Navratilova.

(Not even mentioning Davenport, Mauresmo types among the top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

1. Seles*
2. Graf

volta
The lowest point in women's tennis history was when some psycho asshole stabbed Monica Seles in April 1993....but I digress. :sad:
it´s nice to see that in his mind that is a fact that is not all that important.

harloo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:59 PM
Wow Cali comes out after a Serena performance, but fails to answer his Justine will win Wimbledon prediction thread.

Hey Cali how's that crow?:tape: :lol:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:59 PM

Yes and no.
The Stabbing incident most probably cost Seles one or two slams wins.

But we have to consider that Graf lost at least three or for slams in 90/92 because of family problems. And I won't even speculate about how many slams eluded her because of her bum back & knee post-96 (she had reconstructive knee surgery at the tender age of 27 that virtually ended her glorious career!).

Craigy
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
If they were as you say "over" then why are they still here? :shrug:
If they were "over" then they wouldn't be playing. :rolleyes: some people :rolleyes:
Craig :)

Couver
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Shouldn't you have posted this on Tuesday?

VRee_Willario
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Hautbois' one is England's flag :wavey:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
Hautbois' one is England's flag :wavey:

What do you know about Finnish flags, Dumbo?

Paneru
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
Wow Cali comes out after a Serena performance, but fails to answer his Justine will win Wimbledon prediction thread.

:tape:

Stamp Paid
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:20 PM

:confused:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
:confused:

:)

Pengwin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:23 PM
ich komme nicht aus Finnland, dumbo...

spencercarlos
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:23 PM

Yeah he just has to start dumb (Calimero Like of course) threads to see if he can get some attention poor boy.... how much he needs us :devil:

Alenyaa
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Jezus Calimero, what in the world is wrong with you? Hautbois and LolaB's flags are the English flag (Not Great Britain, which is the Union Jack) and A-S-V Williams is the Finnish one.
And apart from your apearant geograpical ignorance you also insult him, plus you generalized Americans to be greedy some posts earlier...
Why is all that necessary? If you don't like it just ignore it.

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
ich komme nicht aus Finnland, dumbo...

Na, irgendwas Exotisches auf jeden Fall ...
Spielt man bei Euch wenigstens Fußball?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
My mom said serena has gained weight too especially in her legs

davidmario
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
I can only laugh on this thread.

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah he just has to start dumb (Calimero Like of course) threads to see if he can get some attention poor boy.... how much he needs us :devil:

Nice avatar you have there.

I was near that scene, BTW. About 10 meters.
And you were not .... :ras:

Pengwin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
Na, irgendwas Exotisches auf jeden Fall ...
Spielt man bei Euch wenigstens Fußball?

Ich habe Deutsch für nur 3 Jahre gelernt...

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Jezus Calimero, what in the world is wrong with you? Hautbois and LolaB's flags are the English flag (Not Great Britain, which is the Union Jack) and A-S-V Williams is the Finnish one.
And apart from your apearant geograpical ignorance you also insult him, plus you generalized Americans to be greedy some posts earlier...
Why is all that necessary? If you don't like it just ignore it.

And now even the Bulgarian faction comes into it ....

Babolatpro880
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Well, Calimero, you could just start following Bundesliga football now, and save us the wait.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
There I was thinking you were announcing your retirement from WTAworld.

The disappointment.

:sad:

KV
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
I already expressed my opinion on that. Which Borussia do you mean Dortmund or M'Gladbach?

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Ich habe Deutsch für nur 3 Jahre gelernt...

:yeah: to our Swedish friends!

Pengwin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
:yeah: to our Swedish friends!

I thought I was from Finland? :confused:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
I already expressed my opinion on that. Which Borussia do you mean Dortmund or M'Gladbach?

The real Borussia of course!

www.borussia.de

Famu_lady
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Stupid Thread!!!

Calimero377

Well, Finland is a part of Sweden, isn't it?

CooCooCachoo

There I was thinking you were from the Faeroer Islands!

spencercarlos
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Nice avatar you have there.

I was near that scene, BTW. About 10 meters.
And you were not .... :ras:
That´s the only thing i would envy from you.. :angel:

dreamgoddess099
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Serena - the more talented one - has gained weight (her boobs almost force her onto her knees :eek: ),
Didn't you know, those are magic boobs, they are where she gets all her powers from. And now they're swelling so watch out! She's going to be strong enough to hit 135mph serves by the end of the fortnight.

thelittlestelf
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well, Finland is a part of Sweden, isn't it?They're two separate countries:

http://sheff.caeds.eng.uml.edu/icons/swedenmm.gif

Paialii
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Yes and no.
The Stabbing incident most probably cost Seles one or two slams wins.

But we have to consider that Graf lost at least three or for slams in 90/92 because of family problems. And I won't even speculate about how many slams eluded her because of her bum back & knee post-96 (she had reconstructive knee surgery at the tender age of 27 that virtually ended her glorious career!).

Funny how it's all right for Graf to not win a couple of slams because of family problems, but it's not all right for Serena to currently be struggling with injuries which is hurting her chances of winning Wimbledon or outside titles. When Serena isn't injured, she's produced some stunning results. She's 23 years old... she's gone under knee surgery like your beloved Graf and she's won a slam since then, and is likely win a few more. When Serena isn't injured and isn't producing any results, then you can blab about how it's "over" for her. Until then, watch some football.

Her weight isn't a problem and never has been, although I don't think she's at her fittest right now. Nevertheless, she's into the third round at Wimbledon, and she played some great stuff that last set in her match today; certainly better than Justine played for her entire first round match. :wavey:

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:02 PM
That´s the only thing i would envy from you.. :angel:

Maybe being present at Sabby's farewell ceremony at MSG in 1996 as well .... ?

BTW, I watched Sabby a lot with my friends in the early 90ies at Hamburg. Always had great discussions about who was more beautiful - Graf or Sabby. Most agreed on Sabby's nose with the rest of Graf ..... (Never understood what people liked about Gaby's nose).

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
They're two separate countries:

http://sheff.caeds.eng.uml.edu/icons/swedenmm.gif

What would I do without posters like you ....

:wavey:

Juju #1
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:05 PM

Why you have to bring The Chosen One in here ? She's on a well deserved vacation, so does her fans.

Calimero377
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
Funny how it's all right for Graf to not win a couple of slams because of family problems, but it's not all right for Serena to currently be struggling with injuries which is hurting her chances of winning Wimbledon or outside titles. When Serena isn't injured, she's produced some stunning results. She's 23 years old... she's gone under knee surgery like your beloved Graf and she's won a slam since then, and is likely win a few more. When Serena isn't injured and isn't producing any results, then you can blab about how it's "over" for her. Until then, watch some football.

Her weight isn't a problem and never has been, although I don't think she's at her fittest right now. Nevertheless, she's into the third round at Wimbledon, and she played some great stuff that last set in her match today; certainly better than Justine played for her entire first round match. :wavey:

Serena is the greatest player of the 21st century.
I never said otherwise.
But her injuries slowly kill her. I don't think she still will play in 3 years from now ... :sad:

fifiricci
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
Why you have to bring The Chosen One in here ? She's on a well deserved vacation, so does her fans.

I think the bus left without you! :lol:

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
I tend to agree with Calimero377.

Women's tennis is in a dreadful state.

Juju #1
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
I think the bus left without you! :lol:

I'm not here spiritually ;)

manu
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM

Graf.
Sanchez.
Martinez.
Novotna.
Pierce.
Davenport.
Sabatini.
Navratilova.

At the time, only 5 people of your '94 top-10 had Slams under their belts.
Today's top-10 has got 6 Slam winners among them, and 2 Slam finalists.
As a matter of fact, today we even have MULTIPLE Slam winners OUTSIDE the top-10 (Pierce, Williams, not to mention multiple Slam-finalist Kim Clijsters) and even one outside the top-25 (Capriati), not to mention former Wimbledon Champ Conchita Martinez! How many Slam winners were outside the '94 top-10?

Please be a little more consequent and thoughtful when applying your stats, Cali. And consider giving up bringing up your generations-issue in each and every thread.

Dana Marcy
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
Calimero the official TERRORIST of WTAWorld. Steffi would be so proud. :wavey:

grmbl
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
I heard the same story last year...

RU Wimbledon 2004
RU Masters
W Australian Open..

:yawn:

Brooks.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM

because a henin fan was talking shit about serena........thats why.........why dont you tell him to shut his trap if u dont want me bringing henin into this........honeslty this is so pathetic.......all u people are just so pissed that serena is still in the tournament..........get the fu*k over it!!!!!!!

Juju #1
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
because a henin fan was talking shit about serena........thats why.........why dont you tell him to shut his trap if u dont want me bringing henin into this........honeslty this is so pathetic.......all u people are just so pissed that serena is still in the tournament..........get the fu*k over it!!!!!!!

Which henin fan ? Calimero ??? You must be kidding. And I'm not pissed that Serena is still in the tournament. Quite the opposite :wavey:

Martian KC
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cali is a Justine fan? Bitch, please. Justine is his only excuse to ride the williefans. And it keeps on working.:haha:

Sam L
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:42 PM
Don't be stupid, if you want to get back at Cali, the way to go would be to attack Steffi. She's like his Goddess, I think.

Sam L
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:25 PM
..for the Willy sisters.

Serena - the more talented one - has gained weight (her boobs almost force her onto her knees :eek: ), is injured and obviously lacks motivation. Today's match was terrible. Her sister is over the hill already for a long time. Somebody just forgot to tell her.

Two of the most talented players of the 21st century - only shadows of their former selves. And as the Belgians are injured and/or ill most of the time the -ova brigade takes over.
Women's tennis at it's lowest ever.:sad:

:sigh:

I so hate doing the dirty work.

:lol:

stenen
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well, Finland is a part of Sweden, isn't it?

:eek: I hope you were joking? Or is your education level so bad? :o

Finland has been independent since December 1917.
It was part of the Swedish realm for some 600 years up to 1809 and then attached to the Russian empire for just over a century.

Billabong
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
;):lol:

Calimero377
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
:sigh:

I so hate doing the dirty work.

Graf won a slam when she was over-the-hill (FO 99).
Now Venus did the same. Her last one. Kudos to her .... :worship:

Calimero377
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM
:eek: I hope you were joking? Or is your education level so bad? :o

Finland has been independent since December 1917.
It was part of the Swedish realm for some 600 years up to 1809 and then attached to the Russian empire for just over a century.

What would I do without posters like you .... :rolleyes:

Sam L
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Graf won a slam when she was over-the-hill (FO 99).
Now Venus did the same. Her last one. Kudos to her .... :worship:
:sad:

^^^

That's for you by the way, not Venus. :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I love it when Sam gets aggressive :hearts:

SJW
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2555/83147un.jpg

someone needs to tell Venus "the truth". shes acting like she won or something :)

stenen
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM

I don't know, you tell me? :lol:

AjdeNate!
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM
SJDub :yeah:

Calimero377
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:38 PM
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2555/83147un.jpg

someone needs to tell Venus "the truth". shes acting like she won or something :)

Only the greats win slams when they are over-the-hill (eg. Graf, Navi, Goolagong, ASV, Venus).

SJW
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM

good save Cali :yeah:

Foot_Fault
Jul 4th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Only the greats win slams when they are over-the-hill (eg. Graf, Navi, Goolagong, ASV, Venus).

Oh, she's GREAT now? LOL. You're not even a Moron. They have yet to gander a word that salutes your ignorance.

PS.- This will be one LONG ASS HILL Venus will be crossing over.;)

hotandspicey
Jul 4th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Only the greats win slams when they are over-the-hill (eg. Graf, Navi, Goolagong, ASV, Venus).Thank goodness you redeemed yourself.:lol::lol: Smart move!

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2005, 04:56 PM
She is a great now, Cali? Man, does anybody change their tune more often than Cali?

Hey....3 Wimbies, Cali....that's 3 more than the red-hot favourite entering the tournament, you know....a girl called Enna...

tennislover
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I love it when Sam gets aggressive :hearts:

tennislover
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:43 PM

:drool:

btw cali, stenen is by far the best poster here..... :worship: :worship: :worship:

TomTennis
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:49 PM
HAHAHA Calimero! YOu are such a f'ing loser!

Venus own Wimby and u just cant admit your stupid thread was wrong!

I agree with everything Foot Fault says, expect there is a way for you, it is a parasite on a flea, on a tick, on a cat!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2005, 06:08 PM

You're so full of sh*t. First you claim that Venus is NOT great, now you're saying she is by winning a slam at 25. Whatever.

davidmario
Jul 4th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Venus won Wimbledon, Calimero :nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner: :nerner::nerner: :nerner:
full stop. end of this thread!

abayen
Jul 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
What does having more multiple slam winners really mean? It could just show that there is no single player who is really that good.

For me the generation argument works because back in the days, Steffi and Martina really rose above the average player. With everything else being constant, they showed they could play so much better compared to their opposition. Today, no one player can really show that. So obviously they cannot be as great as Steffi or Martina.

At the time, only 5 people of your '94 top-10 had Slams under their belts.
Today's top-10 has got 6 Slam winners among them, and 2 Slam finalists.
As a matter of fact, today we even have MULTIPLE Slam winners OUTSIDE the top-10 (Pierce, Williams, not to mention multiple Slam-finalist Kim Clijsters) and even one outside the top-25 (Capriati), not to mention former Wimbledon Champ Conchita Martinez! How many Slam winners were outside the '94 top-10?

Please be a little more consequent and thoughtful when applying your stats, Cali. And consider giving up bringing up your generations-issue in each and every thread.

servenrichie
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
And now even the Bulgarian faction comes into it ....
Ich liebe Steffi Graf, aber ein Aschloch wie dich als fan hat sie nicht verdient:rolleyes: