PDA

View Full Version : Who will advance to the 4th Round!?!?!

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Post your predictions here ;)

Davenport def. Safina 5-7 6-1 6-3
Lindsay will start out slow and then she wil handle the young Russian. Sort of like what Serena did today with Mara.

Clijsters def. Vinci 6-4 6-2
Clijsters will be tested by a great grass-courter in the first. But she will learn from the first set and cruise.

Maleeva def. Serra Zanetti 6-2 4-6 6-1
Maleeva is looking for one last great run and here it is. I expect her to win a sloppy three set match.

Vaidisova def. Kuznetsova 3-6 7-5 6-4
If Mirza can puch Kuznetsova to the limit, Vaidisova should too. But Nicole will be the winner of this battle.

Mauresmo def. Perry 6-2 6-2
Mauresmo should breeze through. It isn't the quarterfinals...yet ;)

Farina Elia def. Likhovtseva 7-5 3-6 8-6
Farina Elia wants revenge for Roland Garros, and I don't think Elena will be 100%.

Jankovic def. Myskina 6-2 6-3
Jankovic is finally having a succesful Grand Slam run and she should blast through Myskina.

Washington def. Dementieva 6-3 5-7 6-4
I just have a feeling about this one :angel:

Daniilidou def. Pennetta 6-2 6-3
Daniilidou seems to have confidence. She destroyed Granville on her best surface and Pennetta surprisingly got to the 3rd round.

Ivanovic def. Pierce 6-4 6-4
Pierce struggled a lot today and I'm not surprised. Grass doesn't seem to be her best surface and Ivanovic seems like she enjoys it a lot.

V. Williams def. Hantuchova 7-5 6-2
Venus hasn't impressed me so far, and neither has Hantuchova. But considering Hantuchova's inconsistency, she should get whipped.

S. Williams def. Craybas 7-5 7-5
Serena is yet to advance easily and Craybas seems to be playing very well. I expect Serena to save set points in each set.

Petrova def. Black 2-6 6-3 6-2
Petrova was puched to three by Ruano Pascual and then cruised past Beltrame. Black is lucky she is even in the main draw.

Martinez def. Peschke 6-2 0-6 6-3
Martinez has been impressive so far at what could be her last Wimbledon ( :sad: ). Peschke got a great win over Zvonareva, but I think her run will end in the 3rd round.

A. Bondarenko def. Dechy 1-6 6-4 7-5
Bondarenko is the surprise of this tournament. I don't know much about Dechy's grass game, but I do know that Bondarenko surprised Golovin and grass seems like a great surface for Tatiana.

Sharapova def. Srebotnik 6-0 6-1
Sharapova continues to roll in her "easy as shit" draw. She shouldn't have any problems.

jimbo mack
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:16 PM
i think myskina, dementieva and pierce will all lose

i think the others will go through

jfk
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
I posted a thread like this before you.

Elldee
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
I think Dechy's playing well at the moment, she should come through.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:23 PM
I posted a thread like this before you.

Tough shit. I made another one :)

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'll go ahead and predict the rest of the tournament :)

Clijsters def. Davenport 6-1 4-6 9-7
Kim chokes again in the second set, but this time she recovers.

Vaidisova def. Maleeva 6-4 2-6 6-1
Vaidisova impresses everyone as she lives up to the hype and makes the quartefinals!

Mauresmo def. Farina Elia 6-3 6-4
Mauresmo dispatches of Silvia and moves into the quarters.

Jankovic def. Washington 7-5 6-3
Jankvovic and Washington weren't expected to make it this far. Washington enjoys her best Grand Slam result but Jankovic destroys Mashona's hope of a quarterfinal.

Daniilidou def. Ivanovic 6-3 6-3
Daniilidou will prove her first round win was no where near a fluke and she will advance to the quarters.

V. Williams def. S. Williams 7-5 7-6(4)
Venus finally beats her sister in a Grand Slam. Unfortunately, it wasn't a final.

Martinez def. Petrova 6-3 7-6(2)
Martinez showing that old women can win :D

Sharapova def. A. Bondarenko 6-2 6-1
Sharapova continues to ABSOLUTLEY DEMOLISH her opponents.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Clijsters def. Vaidisova 6-2 6-3
Clijsters runs over the inexperienced Vaidisova and now has a chance to reach the finals.

Jankovic def. Mauresmo 2-6 7-5 8-6
Mauresmo and quarterfinals just don't go good together :lol:

V. Williams def. Daniilidou 6-4 4-6 6-3
Venus! Daniilidou played her heart out, but just couldn't pull it off.

Sharapova def. Martinez 6-3 6-0
Sharapova will only lose 12 games on her way to the semifinals! But she didn't have very fierce competition ;)

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Clijsters def. Jankovic 6-2 6-0
Kim Clijsters finally makes the Wimbledon final... can she win a grand slam!?!?!?

Sharapova def. V. Williams 6-4 6-4
Sharapova yet to drop a set. She had her way with Venus.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Wimbledon Ladie's Championship Match:

Miss M. Sharapova
vs.
Miss K. Clijsters

Sharapova def. Clijsters 7-6(3) 7-6(2)

Miss Maria Sharapova wins her second consecutive Wimbledon Championship. Kim Clijsters fails in a Championship match for the 5th time :sad: