PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo on Court 13??!!?!

Paldias
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:48 PM
:scared: :tape: :o

AjdeNate!
Anger ensues.

VeeDaQueen
What's the big deal :confused:

ezekiel
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Gasquet and Ivanovic played there today. What's the big deal?

hablo
I'm sure Momo won't mind.

better for her to focus on winning, then on which court she is playing ;) :angel:

ALLEZ MOMOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :bounce:

Paldias

She's seeded No. 3 though :o

jfk
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
The scheduling sucks! Why do they have 5 of the women's matches starting at 12? Why should Mauresmo, Dementieva, and Kuznetsova all play at the same time?

RenaSlam.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Too many superstars in the game now...

azza
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Wtf is up with these threads there so pointless if i see one mroe thread about them im gunna do soemthing about it

griffin
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
They have made some curious scheduling decisions, but I know some Amezons who will be happy lining up at 3:00 to make sure they get a seat on a court where they'll be no more than 4 rows away from her :)

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
A bit :retard:

but as long as she wins, it'll be an afterthought. :)

New
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
I'm shocked at their scheduling...:eek:

hablo
Wtf is up with these threads there so pointless if i see one mroe thread about them im gunna do soemthing about it

:confused: :p :tape:

LesViolettes
Good! Maybe it will take the pressure off a little. I hope they keep her on courts like that all the way to the final...

Ceze
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
Good! Maybe it will take the pressure off a little. I hope they keep her on courts like that all the way to the final...
Hope too but its impossible ;)

Shenanigans
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
I think Amélie actually likes being on the smaller courts; she seemed really relaxed when playing on court 2.
They probably put her there out of spite because Chirac and Blair are not getting along and so they are taking out on the French players. Just to carry on the theme of conspiricies.

selking
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM

Ana is no Momo. I don't think ana has ever been ranked number one and is the three seed. Its just stupid and i'm not even a momo fan

WorldWar24
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:05 PM
13 is a show court

thelittlestelf
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
That's REALLY retarded.

Darop.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM

Exaclty what I'm thinking.

Who gives a shit what court players play on? They certainly don't.

Harju.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
:tape:

Though I think it is very ridiculous, but the further away Momo on the spotlight, the better she'll be. Allez Momo.

Shenanigans
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:19 PM
I also think the fact they have put her there is they do not sense an upset and expect her to win easily which is in fact paying her a compliment.

mr_burns
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:26 PM
This sucks. They cannot put an 14th seed Clijsters on CC and the third seed on No 13. Of course it is still a show court, but not compareballe to thze 3 others.
Tomorrow they have only 3 womens matches on the main courts. and 6 men.
I don't think the crowd prefers JJ instead of Momo...

volta
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:28 PM
is that fo real? :eek:

tenn_ace
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
the sky is falling... Amelie is on court 13.... :rolleyes:

Yonie
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Well she will play on the center court when she is in the final, so don't worry ;)

chris whiteside
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:33 PM
I think Amelie plays better away from the limelight.

Sonja
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
I'm glad! I know she plays better on smaller courts. She always does horribly in the stadium at the NASDAQ but put her on a smaller court and she seems to settle in a little better.

And ditto to what griffin said - better photos to be had :D

V-MAC
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Would have been nice for Shenay to have the opportunity to play on a real show court like court no.1 or even centre court :mad:

franny
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
Omg every single day someone has to post a thread complaining about some player being on a court other than Centre and Court 1. Shit get over it, there are so many top players and only so many courts. If I see another one of these threads, I will start some serious bitch-slapping. Don't make me go there. Just don't.

SelesFan70
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
2nd match in a row for Kim being on Centre Court. Grooming her for her match against Lindsay? :smash:

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
2nd match in a row for Kim being on Centre Court. Grooming her for her match against Lindsay? :smash:

This is Kim's first match on Centre.

Her last one was on Court 1.

SelesFan70
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
This is Kim's first match on Centre.

Her last one was on Court 1.

:smash: on me! :wavey: Thanks for the correction.

flyingmachine
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:33 PM
:tape:

Though I think it is very ridiculous, but the further away Momo on the spotlight, the better she'll be. Allez Momo.
I think you are right on that one.
Allez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

GoDominique
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:35 PM
The funny thing is in 2000 she lost against Gala Leon Garcia on THAT court hehe :devil:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I was shocked too. and shes the 3rd seed after all

Vamos Feńa
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
OMG What a tragedy! Amelie on court 13 :rolleyes:
Is this so importanat? Last year Lena D. was fresh from her succesive run in Roland Garros and was highly seeded. Still her match agasinst Kleinova was putted on Court 18. Nobody was frustrated about that.
Pls, this is a small detail....

darren cahill
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Omg every single day someone has to post a thread complaining about some player being on a court other than Centre and Court 1. Shit get over it, there are so many top players and only so many courts. If I see another one of these threads, I will start some serious bitch-slapping. Don't make me go there. Just don't.

LOL

check your reps!

darren cahill
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:02 PM
I was shocked too. and shes the 3rd seed after all

she may be the # 3 seed, but look at the other women on the show courts that day...Kuznetsova is the holder of the US open, Lindsay is a former Wim. Champ and the # 1 seed. so it was probably a toss up between putting Kim there and Amelie, i would pick kim too cause she'll probably win faster and get the show on the road for Roger and Keef. Its really not a big deal although we'll most likely see another OMG thread tomorrow too

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
The funny thing is in 2000 she lost against Gala Leon Garcia on THAT court hehe :devil:

Well as the Pierce fans say "every 5 years". Maybe history will repeat itself.

raquel
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
I think Amélie actually likes being on the smaller courts; she seemed really relaxed when playing on court 2.

She definitely did look relaxed and was something like 22/25 on points at net. She was very impressive at net yesterday. If she keeps playing like that, she'll do well. Playing on 13 is no big deal. It's a show court, one of the smaller show courts, but this is round 3. Being on Centre Court for a round 3 match is I am sure not a priority of Amelie. Look how much pressure gets piled on her at RG, and how she's played on Centre Court there over the years. Out on Court 13 tomorrow, she'll get great support from people who'll be happy to see one of the big stars and Amelie can just quietly play her game without pressure. I think some people on here are more upset about it than Amelie ever would be.

manu32
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
she has a very good draw without "names" of the play since the beginning.....it's better than playing danilidou or vinci or central court. or ivaninovic at 3 round........on ne peut pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre......

manu32
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:37 PM
and she played always at fo on central (vs alizé cornet????) on lenglen......so please.......stop paranoia...