PDA

View Full Version : Pierce / Bhupathi def. Sherwood / Baltacha 63 64!

pierce0415
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Their first round match is against British team Sherwood / Baltacha and if they win that they will have to play Cara and Wayne Black.

This is a :eek: decision for Mary. She should have played women's doubles instead of mixed. But good luck. Hope Mahesh can teach you how to play at net. :)

Red Lantern
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
I thought I was surprised when I found out Myskina had entered mixed doubles - but this is even more unexpected. I'm quite happy though - Bhupathi should make an excellent partner (foil) for Mary. They may progress quite far me thinks.

Scotso
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
I don't know why Mary is playing mixed instead of regular doubles... but it could help her return game for when she plays the Williams sisters and then Lindsay in the final ;) lol

allez Mary!

MissTennisFan
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Well I, for one, think this is kind of cool, it's rather unexpected and I think it could be a welcome change for Mary. She has always said that playing doubles helps her singles, and I would imagine more so if she's playing mixed doubles... it will give her a different perspective.

Go Mary and Mahesh!

aimee20
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:12 AM
this is totally a surprise :eek:

sebbe
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:17 AM
Love it, so fun to see Mary doing something different, and why not play mixed doubles. And I mean, Mary has picked a good partner, Bhupathi is a former champion in mens doubles 1999, so he know how to play.

Good Luck...

Mark Spruce
Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:56 AM
Hey Sebbe I am with you. I have always wanted Mary to play mixed doubles. Yes she has picked a good player.

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:19 AM
THIS IS SO GREAT!
I LOVE IT!
Mary should play mix because this is different,and it is the only competition,she doesnt
have a title in!
i only wish she picked up Zimonjic,because he is so nice,and agreat mix doubles player.
buphati is a great choice too!

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:52 AM
Its great...maybe playing in mixed will help Mary to be more confident especially on grass where net play is just essential in winning matches...and who better to play with than Bupathi...great doubles player...:D

GO MARY and MAHESH!!!!:angel:

NicoMary
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Great decision!!! hope one day she'll play with Gasquet...mixed double is so FUN:hearts::bounce:

ashwu
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:18 AM
mary should play more mix doubles~ look at the draw, so many byes~

pierce0415
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Mary and Mahesh won their first round match against the crowd favorite British pair. Hopefully Mary got some additional practice at net and some tips from Mahesh.

Mark Spruce
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Hey great win for them.

WELL DONE !!!!!!!

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:04 PM
this makes me so HAPPY!

saby
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Nice victory, now she has to rest !!

sebbe
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Hey great win for them.

WELL DONE !!!!!!!

Mark

Mark, there are I think three pics of Mary and Bhupathi from the match on gettyimages...very nice pictures.

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Hi Sebbe I am going to have a look right now, and then put them on my site.

THANK U

Mark