PDA

View Full Version : Elena's new serve

:Rawwb:
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Did you all see elena's new serving technique, if so, what did youu think of it? i thought it was doody:D

Dementinator
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM
well its certainly sounds a lot better ,gonna take some time to get used to it ,but its a big improvenment

miffedmax
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Hoping to catch it on the highlights tonight, or during her next match. The numbers look okay--still too many DFs, but an actual ace and a 90 mph plus average speed. Sounds like Besanova may have had an off day, but as the Capt. pointed out it's not like she's some anonymous bottom feeder, and Lena seems to have dispatched her with ease.

I hope the Golden One will develop some confidence from this good showing and go into Week 2. Delusional as I often am, I really still don't see this GS as being the one that Lena's going to win. But making the second week of three GS tournaments might give her some confidence heading into the US Open, where I think she has a shot.

Albireo
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Did you all see elena's new serving technique, if so, what did youu think of it? i thought it was doody:D

Doody: good or bad?

Discuss. :)

croat123
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
huge improvement, she just has to get used to it. very similar to mary pierce's serve. it's faster and she can actually hit to her opponent's backhand. when she masters it (which she will, i mean, she's doing great right now because she's only been practicing it for a week), she's gonna be a huge threat on tour

Ronaldo777
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
haven't seen it but sounds good

Shoulderpova
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:25 AM
I want Lena to play against Mauresmo in quarterfinals :)

Vamos Feńa
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:01 AM
Also haven't seen it...
Hopefully it is ok. Keep workin' Lena! :D

ginger_fish668
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:01 AM
It was alright. Anything would have been an improvement. :tape:
But she still served 8 double faults or something. Hopefully she can work out the kinks and go far! :)

Prizeidiot
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:44 AM
Haven't seen it, but I like the look of the stats (even 8 dbs isn't THAT bad)

DEETHELICK
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
She served 3 DFs in the 1st game of the match. 1 DF extra in the set.

Another 3 DF in the 1st game of the second set, then 1 DF after again.

So it wasn't like every other point was a DF, she was actually quite strong.

It did look a little different and she was definitely moving the ball around on her serve. I was very impressed! if she gets used to this shorter, compact motion more, she will have a decent serve. She looked stunning by the way and was hitting great shots.

Mathijs
Jun 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
well its certainly sounds a lot better ,gonna take some time to get used to it ,but its a big improvenment

Hope you can describe it to us Capt, if you are back from Wimby tomorrow, i love to see Lena's new improved serve, i wonder what Richard did to it to make it this good! :)

azmad_88
Jun 21st, 2005, 01:36 PM
picture of her freom wimby?

miffedmax
Jun 21st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Haven't seen it, but I like the look of the stats (even 8 dbs isn't THAT bad)

You know you're a Dementieva fan when you say "even 8 dbs isn't THAT bad."

Ooooh, this could grow into a thread . . .

JLDementieva
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:41 PM
:sad: i haven't seen it yet, and I don't think I will :sad:

Mathijs
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM
picture of her freom wimby?

getty images has some, sadly cannot post them here :sad:

Jun 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
It is like Mary's serve a bit, also a bit like Sharapova's too with the big bend in her knees, longer than she usually stays bent for. But it certianly looked different in a good way

Mathijs
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
It is like Mary's serve a bit, also a bit like Sharapova's too with the big bend in her knees, longer than she usually stays bent for. But it certianly looked different in a good way

thanks so much for the info, hope we all are able to see Lena's new serve this week :D

Jun 21st, 2005, 07:53 PM
thanks so much for the info, hope we all are able to see Lena's new serve this week :D
Sorry i was very vague on the details, but when you see it you will know what i am talking about(i hope!)

Paco
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:19 PM
I didn't see her new serve. But it sounds that it si pretty good.

No Name Face
Jun 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
it doesnt seem to be helping much :tape:

Dementinator
Jun 22nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
well its gonna take time ,the speeds have increased ,its the dfs that need to come down ,today was a bad day but shes not like that every match ,give her some time and it will improve ! shes been with richard for only a week or so..

No Name Face
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
well its gonna take time ,the speeds have increased ,its the dfs that need to come down ,today was a bad day but shes not like that every match ,give her some time and it will improve ! shes been with richard for only a week or so..

they showed part of the match on tv and the serves didn't seem faster at all...and i never notices that when she faults, she misses by a lot.

Dementinator
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:36 PM
well the speed stats show a different story

No Name Face
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:47 AM
well the speed stats show a different story

True, but maybe her serves got slower by the last few games of the match because they seemed to be around the same speed as before.

@m@nd@
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:15 AM
havent seen it yet.......but 17 DF's today :tape: :mad:

Dementinator
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Yes no name face she did use the slower serve in the last few games ,but remember at USO she was hitting 50 and 60mph serves!! shes averaging 90mph on second and 95 on first with many 104mph or more!

But the DFs need to be addressed ,but like I said before ,its gonna take time

Prizeidiot
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:13 AM
17 double faults....

Told you 8 wasn't that bad :p

Seriously though, it'll take time. It's been a slow process but there is clear evidence of improvement. She's hitting the doubles going for her serve which is a good thing.

Anyone know if Richard is still working with her, or did he leave with his sister?

Dementinator
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:15 AM
I THINK he is still working with her but cant be sure ,he said something about asking her to throw a tennis ball as far as she could and it sailed way over the fence never to be seen again! so hes up to something.

Ronaldo777
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
have i missed something.who has richard worked with and improved in the past.whats his surname.

No Name Face
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Yes no name face she did use the slower serve in the last few games ,but remember at USO she was hitting 50 and 60mph serves!! shes averaging 90mph on second and 95 on first with many 104mph or more!

But the DFs need to be addressed ,but like I said before ,its gonna take time

call me Dennis ;)

Mathijs
Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
have i missed something.who has richard worked with and improved in the past.whats his surname.

It's Richard Krajicek the '96 Wimbledon champ where Lena works with on her serve ;)

Paco
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
17 double faults....

Told you 8 wasn't that bad :p

:lol:

Ronaldo777
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
cheers northa.i didn't hear that.and how long has he been working with lena.this guy is good i think so this should help lena bulid confidence in herself with a champ like krajicek.hes a great player so hopefully this little arrangement will help lena ping a few aces.

Shoulderpova
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Дементьева: Наконец ко мне вернулась уверенность при подаче
(Dementieva: Finally confidence in serving came back to me :p )

Елена Дементьева считает, что на Уимблдоне к ней вернулась уверенность и хорошая подача. Об этом российская теннисистка заявила на пресс-конференции после своей победы в третьем круге Открытого чемпионата Великобритании.
"Сегодня моя подача была очень хорошая, лучше, чем в прошлый раз. Можно сказать, что наконец ко мне вернулась уверенность при подаче, - считает спортсменка. - И вообще я сегодня лучше сыграла: были хорошие приемы, обводки".
Она напомнила, что сейчас работает с чемпионом Уимблдона 1996 г. голландцем Рихардом Крайчеком. "Он очень помогает мне с тренировкой моей подачи. Мне очень приятно, что он занимается со мной, потому что мне кажется, что у него лучшая подача, - поделилась с журналистами Елена. - Он мне напутствия дает, смс присылает перед каждым матчем, с напутствиями".
По ее словам, Крайчек заверил ее, что в моральном плане у Дементьевой все в порядке. "Он говорит мне: не бойся подавать, не бойся сделать ошибку. Главное - делать правильные движения, потому что если думать о попадании, то не будешь попадать", - отметила она.
В четвертом круге россиянке предстоит встреча с победительницей матча между россиянкой Анастасией Мыскиной или Еленой Янкович из Сербии и Черногории. "Я надеюсь, что Настя выиграет, и мы встретимся с ней", - пожелала Дементьева.
"У нас всегда на корте битвы, и это должна быть захватывающая игра. Я ни разу не выходила на Уимблдоне в четвертьфинал, очень хочу этого, так что в любом случае я буду стараться делать все возможное для победы в следующем матче", - заключила Елена Дементьева.

No Name Face
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:03 PM
translation?

Russia-Rulez
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Elena Dementjeva considers, that on Wimbledon to it(her) the confidence and good submission has returned. It Russian теннисистка has declared at press conference after the victory over the third circle of the Open championship of the Great Britain.
" Today my submission was very good, better, than last time. It is possible to tell, that at last to me the confidence has returned at submission, - considers спортсменка. - And in general I today have better played: there were good receptions, обводки ".
She(It) has reminded, that now works with the champion of Wimbledon 1996 Dutch Richard Krajicek. " It(He) very much helps me with training my submission. It is very pleasant for me, that it(he) is engaged with me because the best submission seems to me, that at him(it), - Elena has shared with journalists. - it(He) gives a parting word to me, смс sends before each match, with parting words ".
As she said, the Krycek has assured her(it), that of the moral plan at Дементьевой everything is all right. " It(He) speaks me: be not afraid to submit, be not afraid to make a mistake. The main thing - to do(make) correct movements because if to think of hit you will not get ", - she(it) has noted.
In the fourth circle to the Russian the meeting with the winner of a match between Russian Anastasiej Myskinoj or Elena Jankovich from Serbia and is necessary Montenegro. " I hope, that Настя will win, and we shall meet it(her) ", - has wished Dementyev.
" We always on court of fight, and it should have fascinating game. I never left on Wimbledon in a quarterfinal, very much I want it so in any case I shall try to use the best efforts for a victory over the following match ", - Elena Dementjeva has concluded.

That's translated with www.freetranslation.com ...so the sentecences are not that good!

mostefan
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
The article posted in #35 http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5660387&postcount=35
is basically a free retold interview by Lena, see it at the official site
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2005-06-24/200506241119620620416.html
Nothing relevant was added.

Btw, does anybody see much similarity between original and double-translated samples? ;)

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
i think she had her "new" serve since charleston. she was serving much better in charleston! i saw her match on tv. amazing!

Ronaldo777
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM
i saw her after match talking today.she seems really to like and trust richard so that helps and she said she thought his serve was the best on tour and it looks so simple.she seems really happy to have him.a good sign

Alenyaa
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:54 AM
She seems happy to have him :haha: :p
(I know, I'm sick :p)

Ronaldo777
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:30 PM
yes your right you are sick.

Mathijs
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:27 PM
i saw her after match talking today.she seems really to like and trust richard so that helps and she said she thought his serve was the best on tour and it looks so simple.she seems really happy to have him.a good sign

Yeah it's great that Richard helps Elena, like him alot since he was my fave on the mens side...

I think Richard is as well a good coach in practicing her serve, he's not somebosy who gets mad when things go wrong, no he's more patiently and takes the time with Lena :), he had a great serve hope he can give some of his serve tips to Lena :D

Ronaldo777
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
i hope so too.i think hes a nice guy.unlike that prick gilbert or something who coached roddick.he was real yuppie and stuck up and cocky.i wonder who approached who between lena and richard

Alenyaa
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Think it was Elena who approached him, but not sure.

Mathijs
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Think it was Elena who approached him, but not sure.

mmm i might be wrong but maybe Misa Krajicek came up with the idea on Ordina Open...

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:24 PM
i HOPE the serve becomes more of a weapon during the Nasty match. I want to see some 110+ mph serves.

Paco
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:43 PM
i HOPE the serve becomes more of a weapon during the Nasty match. I want to see some 110+ mph serves.
It iwll be great.

Alenyaa
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM
mmm i might be wrong but maybe Misa Krajicek came up with the idea on Ordina Open...
You sure about that? I doubt it, really.
I believe Elena came to Richard with the request for help, and he said he would do it, not for money, but if she trained with his sister and would play some dubz with her. And so she agreed.
She even asked Richard to tell MichaŽla that she will be happy to play with her again as soon as MichaŽla is recovered.:D

No Name Face
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:48 AM
You sure about that? I doubt it, really.
I believe Elena came to Richard with the request for help, and he said he would do it, not for money, but if she trained with his sister and would play some dubz with her. And so she agreed.
She even asked Richard to tell MichaŽla that she will be happy to play with her again as soon as MichaŽla is recovered.:D

LenaD :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: