PDA

View Full Version : Hi citizens of Momosapia

dhenni
Apr 10th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Hi :wavey: :)

Yesterday....came home late last night and saw the result.... first thought, too bad for Momo.... next thought, too bad for the Amezons being there (yes I read about the trip).... was thinking.... and reading about it.... oh, well....learn, forget and go forward.....

I guess today is as good as any day to say hi....and... well I’m on this board and here should be a good place.... I’m a Momo fan too.... so hello and see you around........ :)

Bite Me.
Apr 10th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Hey dhenni! :wavey: How are ya?

Lapin
Apr 10th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Hi Dhenni! Good to see another Amelie fan joining us! :)

(BTW, you Swedes beat us in the Davis Cup at Birmingham in February...! :( ;) )

griffin
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Want me to beat'em up for you, Lapin? ;)

Hi, Dhenni, nice to meet you!

*Izzy*
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Dhenni!:wavey:

Hope I see you round! :)

Lapin
Apr 10th, 2002, 11:54 PM
Nah, it's OK thanks Griffin, I'm over it now ;) , and the Swedes were very gracious in victory. :)

(Besides, they've just announced today that we've drawn another 'home tie' for the playoff, against Thailand, in September, which is excellent news! The reserved British nature goes out the window at Davis Cup, which is why it's such good fun! :D )

dhenni
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your warm responses. :)

I short report: Today as sat in front of the the screen most of the time. When I’m at the office I usually have about six cd:s with me and I listen to music while working when nothing (telephones, the boss, etc) is interfering. :cool:

Now I’m at home looking through the kitchen window from time to time. It’s been a beautiful day today, but only 5-10 c degrees. Everybody is waiting for the real spring to come.

Well, Swedish tennis, I could probably write a novel about my opinion, :rolleyes: but I spare you. Actually I forgot about that DC match against GB. And then we lost against Russia in the last round so.. (It’s more fun to talk about the upcoming world cup, isn’t it? Eng, Swe, Arg and Nig, intriguing, I think.) Honestly I haven’t had my heart in Swedish tennis since Stefan Edberg retired in -96. But I have a silly connection with at famous former player:

A former job colleague of mine went to the same summer camp as a kid as the mother of BJÖRN BORG’S son. Good one? ;)

See ya! :)

Lapin
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Hey Dhenni, did you know that Stefan Edberg is a player who Amelie really admires?

Bjorn Borg is my favourite, I remember him winning Wimbledon those three years! (I think it was three times, am I right?)

Sonja
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:31 PM
A big hello to Dhenni from Amelia Island *at least for now*

dhenni
Apr 12th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Lapin,

Yeah, I know. She has good taste. Well, we have him in common, she and I :cool: and Yannick Noah too.

Are you kidding about Borg? 5 times - and in a row it was too! (and with THAT kind of tennis... and a wooden racket... ah, those day’s...LOL) And those finals, did you know he was very superstitious at the time? He wore the same match clothes in every final (I think they were cleaned in between) and he forced his coach to wear underpants with long legs. Oh my, in that heat!
:cool: :)

Sonja....hi,

Hope you have/had a good time at Amelia Island despite Amelie’s early exit.

See ya :)

mom3
Apr 14th, 2002, 09:28 AM
:wavey: hi citizens of Momosapia, it's time to wake up and cheer :wavey:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

win this one , AMELIE, we are always with you
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

galadriel
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:39 AM
A big Hi to everyone here:wavey: :wavey: :kiss: :wavey: :wavey:

dhenni
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:18 PM
:) Hi :wavey:

Allez Amelie:bounce:

:bounce: :D

Lapin
Apr 14th, 2002, 03:07 PM
:wavey: Hi Everyone!

Go for it Amelie, we believe in you! :) :) :)

(I wasn't kidding about Borg Dhenni!! Was it really five times? whoops! :rolleyes: )

jule.fr
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
go amelie!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
:bounce:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

dhenni
Apr 14th, 2002, 07:27 PM
:wavey: Hi again,

Go for it Amelie

Hi Lapin,
Yes, Mr "Iceborg" did it in 76-80. Oh what a long time ago. Thinkin' about it again, it IS hard to be believe.

:)

padfoot
Apr 14th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Hi dhenni :wavey: :wavey:

ALLEZ AMÉLIE ALLEZ :bounce: :hearts: :hearts:

dhenni
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Hi padfoot :wavey:

Go go Amelie

Linnie
Apr 16th, 2002, 02:51 AM
A belated hello and welcome, dhenni! :wavey: :D Glad to have another Amélie fan on board!

We were really disappointed that she lost, but had a good time anyway. Here's hoping she does a LOT better this week! ;) :D

Milly
Apr 16th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Hi dhenni! Welcome!

dhenni
Apr 16th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Hi Linnie and Milly :wavey: :wavey: Thank you. :D

Since I've loved tennis for almost as long as I can remember and being an Amélie fan for quite some time now it's fun to be here. :)

I'll Keep my fingers crossed for Amélie tomorrow.

galadriel
Apr 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
AMELIE,I WISH YOU BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME :kiss:

dhenni
Apr 20th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Hi,

Maybe this sounds silly but I feel a little better about Amélie’s loss against Patty now after Patty beat Serena yesterday. I haven’t seen Patty this good for years and now I hope for a Patty vs Iva in the final in Charleston, two former top 10 players. Wouldn’t that be :cool:?

Allez Amélie :kiss:
Allez France! Good Luck in Buenos Aires! :D

*Izzy*
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:18 PM
Well, Patty v Iva came about,:) can't wait to watch it.

I agree with you Dhenni, after seeing Patty beat Serena and Jen, it made me think if she was capable of that, then Amelie wasn't playing as badly as I thought. Don't know if that makes sense...but I really hope Patty can make it back to her form of a few years ago.
:confused:

Good luck to both Patty and Iva today, and more importantly good luck to Amelie in the Fed Cup and in Berlin!:)

Lapin
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:58 PM
I agree Dhenni and Frey; it certainly made me feel a lot better to see Patty beat Serena and Jennifer :) ;) . Great to see Iva in the final too, Congrats to her on winning a title again :D

mettabear
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to say I'm so pleased to find other people around the world who have the same obsession ;) ....now I will never be alone when I cheer and when I cry for momo.

Allez my girl

*Izzy*
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:07 PM
Hi Mettabear!:wavey:

Nice to meet you, but I hope you won't need to be doing any crying for Amelie anytime soon...:)

Allez Amelie and congrats to Iva on her win!

dhenni
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:43 PM
Hi mettabear, :wavey:

Well, some tears of joy in a not so far future would be just fine with me. :)

(Obsessed or maybe just a little crazy should be an advantage when you live in Momosapia, right? ;))

Allez Amélie!

*Izzy*
Apr 24th, 2002, 06:38 PM
:wavey: Everyone!

Hmm, The Momosapiens Forum is looking sadly neglected...:sad:
So, um...how's everyone been? (Please excuse the lame version of bumping here):p

Sonja
Apr 24th, 2002, 09:16 PM
You're right Frey! It is sadly neglected. I guess we have nothing to discuss (isn't that amazing :p).

I guess with Amelie's lack of play and us posting in the tournament forums, this forum doesn't get much use...

IDEA'S ANYONE???

*Izzy*
Apr 24th, 2002, 09:36 PM
*Brain working overtime*:)

mettabear
Apr 25th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Hi all,

I know I'm new at this, but prehaps we need a theme or some sort of easy question and answer series while our love isn't playing to keep us occupied.

so i'll give it a go and see what happens...

imagine this,

You have by some amazing act of fate 15 min alone with Amelie..(no stop it, that's not going to happen no matter how much you pray !!!)

She gives you her total attention and you both must answer any questions honestly, remembering that you will never be alone again.
(Do I have your attention yet?)

What would you say to her about yourself?
What would you ask her?
She asks your advice about her game...what would you suggest?
What would this mean to you?:drool:

Ball is in your court...I will answer if you do:hearts: :hearts:

jabberwocky
Apr 25th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Okay, I'll give it a try.

Not much, just the basics... where I'm from, when I became a fan of hers, that kind of thing. But there probably wouldn't be a lot of time for talk because she'd have to spend at least 5 minutes signing autographs and posing for photos for all the people I would need to get one for. :D :p
What would you ask her?
I'd ask her to give me her honest opinion about who has the better fries, McDonald's or Burger King, instead of the old "I eat salads, fruits and vegetables" answer she gave me last time. :rolleyes:
Oh Lord! Where to begin?!...
- First serve -- WORK on it! -- the percentage needs to come up!
- Second serve -- WORK on it! -- sure you get it in, but it's so weak that even I could return it with no problem!
- Be more aggressive!
- After seeing her in Amelia Island, one thing I want to tell her is this... When your opponent hits a drop shot that forces you to come in, when you get to the ball DO NOT hit it crosscourt! That opens up the court for your opponent to finish the point more easily! Hit the ball down the line to keep it in front of you! That will make your opponent have to create her own angle to pass you instead of you creating the angle for her!
- Please, please, please, please, PLEASE work on your mental toughness! This shrinking violet routine is getting really old!
What would this mean to you?
It would be cool to talk to her, but I wouldn't freak out and hyperventilate or anything.

*Izzy*
Apr 25th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Roight then, here we go.:)

I would say hi, (obviously) nice to meet you, best of luck for the future, yadayada..I wouldn't go on and on though. Coming across as an obsessive fan is never a good idea. :eek:

What would you ask her?
Probably...what does it feel like to be one of the best in the world at a sport you love? Lame, I know... :o

Asking me is probably not a good idea- I can be harsh. :rolleyes: But I'll be lenient just this once! Hmm...
~Confidence/mental strength. The main problemo. Please, please sort this out, and everything else will improve as well.
~Second serve. Urgh, put a bit of welly into it, woman.
~Go for more risky shots.
~Play more tournaments! It's no good winning then disappearing off the face of the earth. It just means you're out of match practice when you return, and look what happens then! But don't overdo it...

What would this mean to you?
It'd be nice to meet my fave player, and find out what she's like in person. :)

Well that's 2 replies now Mettabear, are we going to see yours?:p

mettabear
Apr 26th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Excellent, excellent :bounce:

Question 1....totally agree no obsessed fan routine, so that means no talking about me !!!help :eek:

Question 2...Frey, not lame at all...I would ask how do you trust people and know someone loves you and not the 'tennis star/lesbian icon'

Question 3...sooooo agree with both of you, why doesn't she hire us as match analysts..what am I talking about I'd do it for free...mind momo, mind and body will follow. You have it all, just believe

Question 4...sometimes in life we deserve something special, something to savour and lock away that would bring a smile to your face, anytime anyplace
It would definately make my top 10 moments:hearts:

thanks for sharing
metta