regards

mark

NicoMary
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM
yeah really nice

TXS:)

pierce_fanatic
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM
lmao that article reminds me of one of the interviews Mary did after one of her matches at Roland Garros this year.

Q. Just abbreviate how you felt then, the devastation of not being able to play, to getting here where you look like you're almost in top form again.
MARY PIERCE: Yeah, thank you.

You know, it's been interesting, you know. Definitely in my book you'll know all about it... no, I'm just kidding (laughing).

lmao maybe Mary is teasing us, but i'd love to see Mary do a book.

MissTennisFan
Jun 17th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I hope she does write a book, as I recall she also touched upon the subject during the US Open so I think it might well happen someday... at least I hope so!

saby
Jun 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
She talked about that several times, it might be a good idea, I already have a book who's talking about Mary but it's not a biography, a journalist is talking about the best french atlhets and Mary is one of them (by the way he said he likes her very much ...)

Biography hum... yes I really like this

morbidangle
Jun 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
please copy paste the article here..I cant open the page...

MissTennisFan
Jun 18th, 2005, 05:13 PM
The Times of India

Mary Pierce pens a tell-all

PARIS: An abusive father overshadows her as a teen. But she shoots to fame as a young woman, only to suffer career-threatening injuries.

Just when the world had written her off, she stages a comeback and makes a nation proud.

Sound like good book material?

"It would make a really amazing story, that's for sure," Mary Pierce said.

For now, she said she has "no idea" if there's an autobiography in her future. But if she undertook a book, Pierce said she would expose herself and write about the bad times as well as the good.

"I think it could also help other people," said Pierce, who has rediscovered her peak form at the age of 30.

When she faces Justine Henin-Hardenne in the French Open final today, Pierce will be the oldest women's Grand Slam finalist since Martina Navratilova was runner-up at Wimbledon in 1994 at age 37.

Troubled as a teen by a tumultuous relationship with her father, who was banned by the WTA Tour for four years, Pierce rose to third in the rankings at age 20 when she won the 1995 Australian Open.

The next breakthrough came in 2000, when the Roland Garros title helped her finally win over French fans who had jeered her in the past and mocked her American accent.

Injuries then sent her sinking out of the top 200, and next week she'll return to the top 20 for the first time since June 2001. She has been reconciled with her father and speaks warmly of the family support she receives.

"I do feel like I've been stretched to my limits," Pierce said. "But I think that's where you have the greatest chances for growth."

morbidangle
Jun 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Thanx MissTennisFan! :wavey:

Mark Spruce
Jun 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah I hope that Mary does a biography as well. It will be great read. I do have an un-offical type biogrpahy of Mary.

regards

mark

Declan
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Yeah I hope that Mary does a biography as well. It will be great read. I do have an un-offical type biogrpahy of Mary.

regards

mark

Me too -I think you mean "Ma Vie Cote court, Cite Jardin", the French-language book published in 1995, don't you Mark? I was at Eastbourne this week, and I mentioned Mary to the man who runs "The Tennis Bookshop" which has a stall there every year, and he told me that Mary dislikes that book so much that when she last played Eastbourne (in 2002) she bought EVERY single copy of it that he had for sale, just to remove it from the public eye!!!

MaryPierceFan
Jun 19th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Me too -I think you mean "Ma Vie Cote court, Cite Jardin", the French-language book published in 1995, don't you Mark? I was at Eastbourne this week, and I mentioned Mary to the man who runs "The Tennis Bookshop" which has a stall there every year, and he told me that Mary dislikes that book so much that when she last played Eastbourne (in 2002) she bought EVERY single copy of it that he had for sale, just to remove it from the public eye!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: What's in the book?

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Yep that is the one you are talking about.

I do have two copys of it.

But I do now know why Mary does not like it.

regards

Mark

saby
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
But I do now know why Mary does not like it.

regards

Mark

??? why, is it a bad book about Mary or something?

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I do not know Saby. MissTennisFan might have a clue.

Mark

saby
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I do not know Saby. MissTennisFan might have a clue.

Mark

Mark,
is the book in french??

Miss tennisefan,
tu as lu le livre, qu'est ce qu'il a de particulier?

MissTennisFan
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Oui j'ai le livre... il y a beaucoup d'images et un peu de texte, j'ai lu mais je n'ai jamais réellement compris pourquoi celait posait problème à Mary...? Il n'y a rien de bien compromettant dedans et c'est écrit à la première personne. Je serai bien curieuse de savoir pourquoi Mary n'ame pas ce livre...

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Its a really nice article...I'm so glad that these people are acknowledging Mary's success on clay and writing nice things about her....:worship:

I'd love Mary to write a book...throughout all these years I've been supporting her I feel that she is really close to my heart...having a book written by her is really something that I look forward to...;)

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hi Saby,

The book is in French.

Yes MissTennisFan I would love to know as well. But I would not ask Mary as it might upset her. maybe I think that it was done with out he permission. I think I heard that from some one a few years ago.

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Saby,

The book is in French.

Yes MissTennisFan I would love to know as well. But I would not ask Mary as it might upset her. maybe I think that it was done with out he permission. I think I heard that from some one a few years ago.

Mark

Hi Mark -- I really don't think it was done without her permission as it is written in first person. Besides, I heard Mary took legal action to try to stop the book from coming out at the time, so had it been done without her authorization, I think the court would have ruled in her favor. I am not sure any of this is true however... I think the editors may have made certain changes without consulting Mary first and that may have upset her, but I just have no idea which ones, I really didn't think the content was particularly revealing or damaging. If Mary is not comfortable with it for whatever reasons though, I guess we should just respect that.

Saby, je te scannerai les textes à l'occasion si tu veux...

Mark Spruce
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:13 AM
Yes I think that is right that we respect Mary's decsion.

Mary I am really sorry I got my friend to ask you to sign it. I did not mean to upset you.

Mark

saby
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
Saby, je te scannerai les textes à l'occasion si tu veux...

Oui je veux bien, je trouve quand même curieux que Mary n'aime pas ce livre, si tu dis qu'il n'y a rien de "pas normal" enfin elle doit avoir une raison...