PDA

View Full Version : ***Ana+Jelena at SW19*** Letz cheer for our girls in London

**Jelica**
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Here's a thread where we can talk about Jelena and Ana's chances and progress at Wimbledon this year :D

Although they neither of them have a good draw, we hope they can still do as well as possible and we'll be cheering for them all the way! :bounce:

Is anyone going by the way?

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
They`ll play doubles again, Jelena with Kostanic and Ana with some Slovenian girl. It` s very possible that they will play mixed doubles too. I`m afraid if they would be so lucky and go far in singles that could be great problem (especially in London where is so much rain delaying and so much games played back to back) because one of the main reasons her losing against Petrova was because Ana was too tired (and she makes the same risk here).

Sash1
Jun 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Is anyone going by the way?

I will be probably going, not sure what days as have to take some days off work... but hopefully will see our girls (if they don't play on main courts, which hopefully they won't in first couple of round...)

Can't wait for Monday...

Joana
Jun 17th, 2005, 01:16 PM
It's going to be very exciting... especially Monday and Tuesday. I really, really hope at least one of them will still be in the draw by Wednesday. Maybe even both! Who knows? All we can do is cheer, and that's exactly what we're going to do. Come on, girls!!!

MagicMilan
Jun 17th, 2005, 03:41 PM
This time I have a feeling that both Jelena & Ana will reach the 3rd round at least. Jelena, I think, has a big chance to do well here. Her injury against Sharapova was probably not too serious as she played a nice match against Kim. She gets injured when she plays a lot of matches but now with a fine break before Wimbledon I think she can go really far. Good luck girls :bounce:

**Jelica**
Jun 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Anyone know which half of the draw is on which day?

daniela86
Jun 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
This time I have a feeling that both Jelena & Ana will reach the 3rd round at least. Jelena, I think, has a big chance to do well here. Her injury against Sharapova was probably not too serious as she played a nice match against Kim. She gets injured when she plays a lot of matches but now with a fine break before Wimbledon I think she can go really far. Good luck girls :bounce:
I have that same feeling :D :bounce: :music: Although Chaky and Vera (i love both girls, too bad they have to play against Jela and Ana :sad: :sobbing: ) are in shape, i think that Ana and Jelena can do great here :bounce: :bounce: Ana was finalist at Wimbledon junior last year so she probably likes grass :rocker2: :rocker: and Jelena was finalist at Birmingham and took Sharapova a set :worship: Let's hope they'll keep on playing that good on grass :woohoo: Plus, both had a break before Wimbly unlike Vera Douchevina who played 8 matchs at Eastbourne :D Moreover, Jela lost in 1st round last year and Ana didn't play Wimbly in pro so they can take a lot of points here :drool: :drool:
AJMO JECO AND ANCI!!!!! MAKE US EVEN MORE PROUD!!!! :music: ::music: :rocker:

**Jelica**
Jun 20th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Jelena J will play today against Tchakvetadze, hopefully BBC will show the match! :D

Oneofakind0490
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Jelena won her first test 6-4 6-2. I think grass and indoors are jankovic's best suface.

Bероника
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Jelena won her match easily 6-4 6-2. :bounce:

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Congrats Jeca :kiss: Much easier than I expected.

Good luck in second against Diaz Oliva (she is 73. on the world, I hope that will be easier than against Anna, although she won against Anna without troubles). I hope this will be her first 3rd round on GS.

And if she reach 3rd than maybe against Myskina (I would love that because winning against Nastya will get a lot of points for Jeca) or maybe not because Nastya has a lot of problems and Jeca`s chances will be great in this match.

But, step by step...

Sash1
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Fantastic win, honestly I was really afraid about this match... It could have even more convincing, though... Seems like Jelena loves grass indeed!

well done Jelena!!!

Bероника
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
well...it might not be Myskina,she's struggling at the moment against some girl called Bohmova that I've never heard of before :o

Bероника
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
When does Ana play? Tomorrow?

MagicMilan
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM
well...it might not be Myskina,she's struggling at the moment against some girl called Bohmova that I've never heard of before :o

Would love to be Myskina, nice quality points :lick:
Jelena will probably pass Diaz Oliva very easy, but Myskina :rolleyes:

btw I love your avatar Veronika :D ;)

Bероника
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks MagicMilan ;) Shirley Manson is one of my heroines

Myskina finally won her match...so they might still meet in 3rd round...but first Díaz Oliva...After today's result we can deduce Jelena was playing focused.Let's just hope she stays that way...and she doesn't get too excited too soon...

Ajmo Jeco!!!!Good luck in round 2!!!!

Joana
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Great win! Now she has a great opportunity to fially reach the 3rd round! :woohoo:
No, I'm kidding, she has a really good draw now, let's hope it will all click in now.

And Veronika, I agree with Milan, your avatar is awesome! Shirley :cool:

**Jelica**
Jun 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Great win! Now she has a great opportunity to fially reach the 3rd round! :woohoo:
No, I'm kidding, she has a really good draw now, let's hope it will all click in now.

And Veronika, I agree with Milan, your avatar is awesome! Shirley :cool:
Wow! :bounce: Great win Jeco! We should have more confidance in her, lol, cos I really was worried of that match!
Good Luck in the next round, she must be able to get into the third round now against Diaz Oliva, cos I think Mariana's really more a clay-court player and this match looks very winnable for Jeca :)

If she can finally break her Grand Slam jinx I can really see her going far in this touney, cos Myskina was not convincing at all today against Bohmerova (I think she was even match-point down at one point)

Mynne Dassidy
Jun 20th, 2005, 05:56 PM
The most exciting thing about Ana and Jelena is they both having such promising futures on the tour. Definitely Top 10.

rada
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:58 AM
well done jelena she can go far ;)

**Jelica**
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:00 PM
The only thing good I can think about yesterday's loss of Justine to Daniilidou :sad: is that now I can really cheer for Ana to do well here, and her draw is alot more open. She played really well y'day against a tough opponent so well done!

Jelena is playing atm against Diaz Oliva, but I think there was a rain delay?

And on the men's side, Janko and Nole are both through, so this seems to be a good week for SCG!

**Jelica**
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Jeca serving for the match..she can be about to go into her first ever GS 3rd round!! :D

Oneofakind0490
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Jelena won 6-3 7-5. Choked 5 match points at 5-4.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Congrats Jeca, it wasn`t easy (especially in 2nd) but doesn`t matter.

This is Jeca best GS result ever.

Good luck against Nastya (at last on 3K). We beleive in you :bounce:

Good luck Ana, Novak, Janko and Nenad too, you`re great. :worship:

**Jelica**
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Wow, well done Jeca! I'm sooo glad this happens for her at last!

She's got nothing to lose against Nastya, so hopefully she'll just go for it and she can win the match!

Calliope.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 02:07 PM
Gooooo Jeca :bounce:

Bероника
Jun 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: yeah!!!! Very happy Jeca keeps advancing ;) Now go get Myskina...

**Jelica**
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Jelena lost today :sad: 0-6 7-5 8-10 to Myskina. It was (to be a bit negative but more truthfully) not a good match at all, and Jelena did save match points in the 2nd set, but she also led 5-1 with a double break in the third and she had two chance to serve it out..she couldn't take either, and Myskina was pressureing her serve more and more and eventually Jeca lost..it's such a shame, cos I really thought she'd win!

Ana plays Daniilidou, who beat Justine in the third round tomorrow. It's a big chance for her against an unseeded opponent but she'll need to play well, cos Daniilidou does very good at the moment. Ajde Anci!! :bounce: