PDA

View Full Version : Anna in Wimbledon

Mitzi
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Since no one started the thread yet, I thought I'll start one finally :)

Anna got a hard first roud match- Elena Likhovtseva (13) :rolleyes:
Shahar Peer will play a qualifier :)

And Noam Okun :drool: reached the main draw :bounce: Hopes he'll get a good draw

And in mens doubles, Andi Ram & Yoni Erlich are seeded 15 and will meet a british couple

Irish
Jun 17th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Hello Karen :kiss: :hug: :wavey:

Good luck to all Israeli players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Mitzi
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:42 PM
and of course Shahar and Anna will play doubles too, Shahar will play with Vera Duchevina and Anna will play with Anne Kremer.

Mitzi
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Hello Karen :kiss: :hug: :wavey:

Good luck to all Israeli players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Kerri! :wavey: :hug: :kiss:

Meteor Shower
Jun 17th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Hey people I'm back

good luck Anna (try to win some games), Shahar (try to win) and Noam + doubles :)

nice to see you two posting here :)

Mitzi
Jun 17th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hey people I'm back

good luck Anna (try to win some games), Shahar (try to win) and Noam + doubles :)

nice to see you two posting here :)

lol @ the Anna remark :cool:

I told you that I'll try to post here more often :)

Irish
Jun 18th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Hello to Karen and ASAP. :kiss: :hug: :wavey:

I hope Anna does well. :) I have a feeling Shahar will do quite well. :D

Shonami Slam
Jun 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
another nice chance for a top20 win in a grand slam.
double points - very juicy :devil:
and with nothing to defend - she can get back to the top50 with some luck.
Likhovtseva and smashnova are two of my faves and i hate seeing them face each other all the time - but i'm in favour of our girl :)
as for shahar - nice draw, she's still getting lucky draws so she should take advantage of them now that she can.
as for the doubles - youv'e got yourself an old dou and a youngster couple.
vera+shahar are combined just a bit older than anne/a :lol:
but altough the four players are all very good players - two youngsters on a fast rise and the other both accomplished top30 players - they all suck in the doubles department.
noteworthy is the extreme eastern grip vera uses - If shahar can provide flat, hard shots, and vera brongs on that superv passing shot of hers (the angle usage coming exactly from that tricky grip) they can really go for it.
vera has a great reach, and IMO is the best of the sub30 ranked youngsters (safina in better, but she's such an oldie for me, it seems - she's having a remarkable year as well, mind you).
she also tends to have a topclass scheduale, the same kind shahar is couragously taking - they can team up and notch some big wins - and never underestamate a doubles win over players - knowing you have beaten a player before - be it singles OR doubles is a big factor, and doubles is a good place for youngsters such as shahar and vera to take thier chances and go for shots.
shahar has an amazing backhand, vera has amazing angles and a nice serve as well.
they could learn a few things together - and at least pocket some extra cash.
good luck to them, hope we get at least what we had in RG from our girls.

Meteor Shower
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
This is confusing, I donno where to post about Shahar, here or at her thread :(

Shahar does get a lucky draws huh? I think its a champions luck :D
based on the doubles final at Raanana I wouldn't count on a breakthough doubles tourny, though you can't judge player based on one match.

I just hope the 3 matches she played at grass in Rosmalen helped her to adjust to grass and she will do well here, I think that she can based on the reports of her training but I don't have any expectations. just hope she will surprise me once again.

Vera has a amazing angles? finally! I was looking for a player who plays lots of angles, now I'm really looking forward to see her play :) Thats great for Shahar! angles are really important on doubles matches.

King Aaron
Jun 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Good luck Anna. Just have fun on grass. ;)

Meteor Shower
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Anna lost 2-6 2-6 :(
had many bp but couldn't convert

Mitzi
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Just got an SMS from a friend saying Anna lost :( Can't say it's a big shock. :rolleyes: Crappy grass!

Irish
Jun 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Anna :sad:

King Aaron
Jun 20th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Anna :sad: :(

Mitzi
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Noam Okun lost :( in 4 sets. The score in the 4th set tie break was 16-14 :eek:

Can anyone update Shahar Peer's match/s here? I won't be able to see any matches 'till friday.

shirgan
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:18 AM
http://www.tennisfan.org/gallery/wdayone/33.jpg

Meteor Shower
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:21 PM
thanks shirgan :) Anna :D

Karen do you need updates?
Shahar 1*-1 after being broken and breaking back

King Aaron
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Shahar won. :)

Mitzi