PDA

View Full Version : Catastrophic draw for our girls at Wimbledon

Joana
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I don't want to sound too negative, but this draw is horrible. Pretty much the worst it could have got.

Both girls have extremely tough 1R opponents, I dare say the worst possible.
Jelena will play Anna Chakvetadze, who already beat her this year and who plays well on grass. Given Jelena's record at Slams, it's very bad news! I can possibly see another very early exit. :sad:
Her draw does gett better after that, she is in Myskina's and Dementieva's side of the quarter, so if she wins the 1R she has a decent chance to make an impact.

While Ana's draw just couldn't get any worse. She plays Douchevina in 1R. Douchevina already beat her this year, and she plays well on grass (sounds familiar, heh? :rolleyes: ). Douchevina won Wimbledon in juniors and beat Mauresmo this week, so she can play on this surface. And it doesn't get easier afterwards, as Ana has Justine, Mary, Venus and Serena in her section. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Her draw does gett better after that, she is in Myskina's and Dementieva's side of the quarter, so if she wins the 1R she has a decent chance to make an impact.

This is first good thing, and the second one is that neither Jelena nor Ana has no points to defend in London. But, I agree the draw is :( :rolleyes: :eek: :sad: :fiery: :tape: :help: :retard: :smash: :drink: :awww: :banghead: :unsure: :scratch: :scared: :cuckoo: :ignore: :bigcry: :shout: :shrug: :hysteric: :crying2: :timebomb: :bolt:

Freakan
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Ana's draw is terrible :( but I don't think Jelena's draw is "catastrophic". IMO she's the biggest favorite for win in her quarter :yeah:

**Jelica**
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Ana's draw: terrible. I'm not saying she has no chance but if she got through her first two rounds (and Douchevina is not an easy opponent at all) she'd most likely have to play Justine, and I can't see it happeneing..

I don't think Jelena's is too bad though actually. Sure she has a tough 1st round (and I'm sad about that, cos these are two of my favo players) but after that only she'd have Myskina or Dementieva..we all know Nastja's way out of form, and grass isn't her favo surface anyway, whereas Lenushka has never done amazing at grass, and I could really see Jelena beating her.

Calliope.
Jun 17th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Yes Ana has a terrible draw... But we never know, maybe Ana will play in a fantastc way... But the draw is definitely horrible :sad:
Anyways... good luck Ana! :)

Darop.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:56 PM
Draw getting good for Ana, as Justine has gone out :D