PDA

View Full Version : Alicia's WITHDRAWN from Wimbledon!

Aussie_chic
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:59 PM
:eek: :sobbing:Alicia has withdrawn from Wimbledon and Eastbourne due to her inner ear infection!
Guess she didn't feel to good in and after the dubs match! Such a pity! :sad:

Can only hope that she comes back strong! The desire to play will definetly be there after this (maybe that + the rest is the positive out of this.) :(

red Jennifer
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM
:sad: :sad:

alibaby
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM
:eek: :sobbing:Alicia has withdrawn from Wimbledon and Eastbourne due to her inner ear infection!
Guess she didn't feel to good in and after the dubs match! Such a pity! :sad:

Can only hope that she comes back strong! The desire to play will definetly be there after this (maybe that + the rest is the positive out of this.) :(
yeah,i hope so too!!your fans are with you,ali-baby!! :hearts:

gillibean
Jun 15th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Molik out of Wimbledon
By Chris Lines
June 15, 2005

ALICIA Molik has made the "heartbreaking" decision ovenight to withdraw from Wimbledon due to a slower than hoped for recovery from a virus that affects her inner ear.

The South Australian was due to play in the tournament in Eastbourne before making a late decision to pull out.

"I tried in Birmingham and I tried here, and that's very much in my nature, but I can't compete at a level that is satisfactory," she said.

"It was a long shot, and the doctors were right and I was wrong.

"I tried my best to get myself ready, there is nothing more that I could have done, and there is relief in a way that I tried."

It was a cruel blow for Molik, who trained fanatically since the virus struck in April in an effort to get herself ready for Wimbledon.

"It's heartbreaking," Molik said.

"It's an event that I never would have dreamed of missing and here I am now, I'm going to miss it.

"Maybe I will be able to sit back on the couch with Mum and Dad and watch it.

"I never thought I would be watching it on the couch again."
Having suffered this disappointment, Molik was not prepared to put a timeframe on when she returns to tour other than noting this illness was one that normally lingered for about six months.

The virus is known as vestibular neuronitis and affects the middle and inner ear.

It affects balance and saps energy and can also affect vision - all symptoms that Molik noted today.

It first struck in April when she withdrew from Charleston, she subsequently missed clay court tournaments in Berlin, Rome and the French Open.

Molik played in Birmingham last week, receiving a bye to the second round where she lost to American Laura Granville.

~Rachel~
Jun 15th, 2005, 05:17 PM
:sad:

I was looking forward to seeing Alicia play at Wimbledon! I have tickets for the doubles day on the last Friday and was hoping to see her play with Sveta :mad:

Get better soon Alicia :hug:

alibaby
Jun 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Molik out of Wimbledon
By Chris Lines
June 15, 2005

ALICIA Molik has made the "heartbreaking" decision ovenight to withdraw from Wimbledon due to a slower than hoped for recovery from a virus that affects her inner ear.

The South Australian was due to play in the tournament in Eastbourne before making a late decision to pull out.

"I tried in Birmingham and I tried here, and that's very much in my nature, but I can't compete at a level that is satisfactory," she said.

"It was a long shot, and the doctors were right and I was wrong.

"I tried my best to get myself ready, there is nothing more that I could have done, and there is relief in a way that I tried."

It was a cruel blow for Molik, who trained fanatically since the virus struck in April in an effort to get herself ready for Wimbledon.

"It's heartbreaking," Molik said.

"It's an event that I never would have dreamed of missing and here I am now, I'm going to miss it.

"Maybe I will be able to sit back on the couch with Mum and Dad and watch it.

"I never thought I would be watching it on the couch again."
Having suffered this disappointment, Molik was not prepared to put a timeframe on when she returns to tour other than noting this illness was one that normally lingered for about six months.

The virus is known as vestibular neuronitis and affects the middle and inner ear.

It affects balance and saps energy and can also affect vision - all symptoms that Molik noted today.

It first struck in April when she withdrew from Charleston, she subsequently missed clay court tournaments in Berlin, Rome and the French Open.

Molik played in Birmingham last week, receiving a bye to the second round where she lost to American Laura Granville.
dont lose faith,alibaby!your fans are all with you!!your time will come!! :kiss:

azza
Jun 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Alicia so sad :sad:

Lemonskin.
Jun 15th, 2005, 08:37 PM
This sucks :(

broncosven
Jun 15th, 2005, 10:56 PM
BUGGER !!!

Oh well . . Better for her to get fully fit encase she injuries herself again

Get Well Soon

vivy09
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:19 AM
hope she gets better soon!
this virus sounds heaps nasty.
this time off will definatly hlep more then hinder her progression up the tennis world rankings. justine henin hardenne missed out the majority of the season cuase of illness and she has come back really strong and we all know alicia will have the exact same determination when her body is 100% again

:)

chain
Jun 16th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Poor thing :sad: Sounds devastated about missing Wimby.

There's an interview with Alicia on the abc site. You can hear her talk about the illness/French Open/Wimbledon preparations among other things(interview done before Birmingham). The interview's about 6 minutes long. Apparently there's no medication she can take for her illness :sad:

She picked Amelie to win the French! :lol: :sad: :banghead:

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200506/r48814_128932.ram - Real Player
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200506/r48814_128888.asx - Windows Media Player

Sam's Slave
Jun 16th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Poor thing :sad: Sounds devastated about missing Wimby.

There's an interview with Alicia on the abc site. You can hear her talk about the illness/French Open/Wimbledon preparations among other things(interview done before Birmingham). The interview's about 6 minutes long. Apparently there's no medication she can take for her illness :sad:

She picked Amelie to win the French! :lol: :sad: :banghead:

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200506/r48814_128932.ram - Real Player
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200506/r48814_128888.asx - Windows Media Player

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. wanna hear it but i can't. :sad:

chain
Jun 18th, 2005, 01:12 PM
how come? Real Player's free :shrug:

Sam's Slave
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:45 PM
it loads and then i here nothing...when i click on play it stops at the same time...

Sam's Slave
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM
yeah i tried it! it works now!

foreva lindsay
Jun 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Alicia :sobbing: i wanted to see her :sad:

Mynne Dassidy
Jun 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Such bad luck and it happens so often on the tour when a player gets "hot". :(

miss_molik
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:07 AM
Too bad. :sad: Get well soon!

alibaby
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:51 PM
Too bad. :sad: Get well soon!
yeah!but time will show,she did the right thing!!! :kiss: :hearts: alibaby! :kiss:

@m@nd@
Jul 4th, 2005, 09:07 AM
i hope alicia is better now

peanuts
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:19 AM
does anyone have news of where and when alicia might be able to play again?

Mr_Molik
Jul 5th, 2005, 01:51 AM
i heard she might not be back til after the us open :sad:

broncosven
Jul 5th, 2005, 03:27 AM
That would be a total disaster !!

foreva lindsay
Jul 8th, 2005, 02:00 PM
what!!! omg this is terrible if its true!!

alibaby
Jul 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM
i heard she might not be back til after the us open :sad:
what,for so long??? :eek: oh,my poor girl!!but better she gets full health and strength again,and then coming back..big hug,ali-baby!! :kiss: :kiss: