PDA

View Full Version : ETA's Great New Feature

paul_masterton
Apr 9th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Wheras before ETA only published commitment lists after the entry dedline had closed, entry lists up until the end of teh year are now available!!!

Although of course there are few entrants into tournamwnt months away, any event that is just a few weeks away has a full list of all players that have committed.

These lists are in alphabetical order, as of course teh ranking date' fro teh tournamnts has not yet been reached.

These are updated every week, and so u can watch teh commitments into tournamnet get bigger and bigger.

It also amkes finding what your favourtie players are up to for teh WHOLE of 2002 alot easier!!!!!!

Its wicked, i ahv looked through all the top tourneys and gb challenegsr until teh end of the year. (there are already half a dozen names up fro teh london 10k whihc isnt until teh end of August!!)

Paul :D

bluepastures
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Thanks Paul. That's really useful.
Just looking at the draw for the next major tournament I'll be going to (just for the semis & final), at Bournemouth. A few interesting players signed up there, including Jaslyn Hewitt (who is indeed Lleyton's younger sister), as well as regular visitors like Syssoeva and Vichnevskaya. Signed up for Surbiton (during the 2nd week of the French) is Alexandra Stevenson, who is clearly intending to play there if she doesn't last too long at Roland Garros.

AUSBOY
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:54 PM
sounds interesting, do u have a website address to the ETA site?

bluepastures
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.tenniseurope.org

Once you reach the main screen, click on "women's tennis", then "calendar", and search for the Month you're interested in. Then you should find links to entry lists for each tournament.

DutchieGirl
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:55 AM
yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I went to look at commitments for 29th April! It's really cool! :D

btw, I usually go there by: www.etatennis.com

bluepastures
Apr 12th, 2002, 05:57 PM
The ETA was recently rebranded as Tennis Europe. I guess they probably didn't like having the same initial as the Basque nationalist group!

alexxx
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Although it's not a politics thread, please call them"terrorists", they cause a lot of harm!
Thank you.