PDA

View Full Version : $$$^^^Wimbledon^^^$$$

ZAK
Jun 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Hopefully everything will be healthy for next week. Wimbledon was big for Tati last year!

http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_09_golovin06_getty.jpg

wurzelman
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Indeed it was. It was the first place I heard of her, and my life has never been the same since. :p

yukon145
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
good luck Tati, heal up! i hope she does as well (or better) than last year.

martirogi
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
if she looks half as good as she did last year, it will be amazing. i hope she wears a flower in her hair again.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:31 AM
if she looks half as good as she did last year, it will be amazing. i hope she wears a flower in her hair again.
I agree, the outfit was so elegant :)

selyoink
Jun 13th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I think she can make the quarterfinals. That is what I am hoping for.

She needs to have a good performance at a grand slam this year.

HTE
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Hopefully Tati get's fit in time to repaet her good performance form '04, but I'm waiting for the draw to come out before I get my hopes up :)

HTE
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Tati will be seeded 18th in this years Wimbledon :)

yukon145
Jun 16th, 2005, 05:01 AM
i was hoping for a top 16 seed, but oh well. here's to a good draw! best of luck Tati.

am13
Jun 16th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Nadia Petrova RUS (8) v. Virginia Ruano Pascual ESP
Claudine Schaul LUX v. Michaela Krajicek NED
Zuzana Ondraskova CZE v. Cara Black ZIM
Catalina Castano COL v. Virginie Razzano FRA (32)

Francesca Schiavone ITA (21) v. Kristina Brandi PUR
Conchita Martinez ESP v. Qualifier
Kveta Peschke CZE v. Dally Randriantefy MAD
Marlene Weingartner GER v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (11)

Nathalie Dechy FRA (16) v. Maria Elena Camerin ITA
Jane O'donoghue GBR v. Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER
Tatiana Panova RUS v. Lisa Raymond USA
Alyona Bondarenko UKR v. Tatiana Golovin FRA (18)

Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (31) v. Katarina Srebotnik SLO
Yoon Jeong Cho KOR v. Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP
Amanda Janes GBR v. Sesil Karatancheva BUL
Nuria Llagostera Vives ESP v. Maria Sharapova RUS (2)

Link : http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/draws/ws/r1s4.html

Masha in 1/8 final !!! :eek:
It's a difficult draw !

HTE
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Absolutely crappy draw :fiery: Bondarenko won't be a walkover, then probably Raymond, who Tati has struggled against before. Dechy should be manageable but surely not easy and then Sharapova :mad:
Add to that an infected foot and an ankle injury and Tati will have a very difficult Wimbledon.

Hopefully she will be fit enough to be able to surprise us all and smack Masha :lol:

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
A very tough draw b/c of Sharapova. I was hoping Tati could make quarters but I don't see her beating Sharapova on grass.

She should be able to get to the 4th round though.

Good luck Tati.

martirogi
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
sadly i think she will lose to dechy

of course i would love her to play that damn masha :smash: :smash: :devil:

yukon145
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:33 PM
a very tough draw. let's take it one match at a time.

HTE
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:56 PM
a very tough draw. let's take it one match at a time.

Yeah :)
After all I guess we can't expect the first three opponents to roll over so Tati can concentrate on the match against Masha :lol:

rseto
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
not much to add. i'm actually more concerned about her 1st 2 matches than against dechy. tati did beat raymond in charleston and raymond hasn't been playing well lately so it might not be that bad.

but i think (and hope) that she can get to the 4th round.

and yeah, i think they should let tati and maria skip ahead to the 4th round! :yeah: :)

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2005, 04:07 PM
I don't think Tati would have trouble with Raymond. I doubt Raymond will win her first round match. I don't think Dechy would beat Tati either. Tati seems to like grass. I think she will get to the 4th round before falling pretty easily to Sharapova

ZAK
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:26 PM
If Tati makes it to the fourth round against Sharapova I'll her match on TV :bounce:
Seems like a good draw, she could've have gotten Venus Williams or Kim Clijisters in the third round for example. Raymond did poorly at Birminham, but did much better at Eastbourne. On grass, Tati is the favourite to beat Dechy.

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I hope to see Golovin on TV as well. Since I will be on vacation for the first 5 days of the tournament that means she will have to make it to the 4th round or else I have no chance of seeing her.

ZAK
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Not to take her draw lightly, but since everyone is taking it as such a tough draw, here's what I think:

Bondarenko- hasn't had any big wins this year, has only won one match on grass in her career. Tati should not lose unless she's injured or something.

Panova/Raymond- Panova has not been doind well this year, and on grass I expect Raymond to beat her. Lisa been having an awful year really except for Eastbourne this week. If she is playing well she could be a tough match, but how many times has Raymond played all that well recently?

Dechy- On the surface, she has a good ranking and record for the year, but in reality when looking at her matches, she really hasn't had an impressive year especially recently. Definitely a talented player, but Tati can play Dechy's game better than Dechy.

Sharapova- I wouldn't expect much from this match, Maria would be the very heavy favourite, but anything could happen especially if Tati is un-injured

If by some chance Tati did upset Sharapova, she'd have a decent shot at the semis, because Petrova and Zvonareva could be her potential quaterfinal match-up. But of course this is looking way too forward ahead ;)

AK-DH Fan
Jun 16th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I've never heard of her first round oponent. She's 13-14 on the season. I'm not really impressed by her results. But u never know. If she get thru that one, she would meet Raymond( whole hasn't played well this year- not even on grass). So I'm not scared of that encounter.

I'm not gonna look any further, just cuz I don't want to jinx her. Lets just see how things go.

yukon145
Jun 17th, 2005, 01:41 AM
one match at a time people, don't jinx poor Tati!

Harju.
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:39 AM
:lol:

Allez tAti. I just hope that her ankle has recovered fully. She has a huge potential to reach 4th Rd and even SF (if she beat Shyperova that is).

ZAK
Jun 18th, 2005, 06:25 PM
A really nice article about the French at Wimbledon, which focuses on Tati :D
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2005-06-18/200506181118918565273.html

wurzelman
Jun 18th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I don't like the draw, but as long as she doesn't get badly injured and enjoys it then it's good. Especially as she should be on TV. :bounce: :D
P.S. It was interesting what she said about a coach in that article as well.

selyoink
Jun 20th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Good luck Tati!

I'm going to be on vaction until Friday so I won't be able to actively support her. I hope she is still in playing on Saturday.

ZAK
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Tati's match tomorrow is TBA, which means she'll probably play on a big court late in the day

AK-DH Fan
Jun 20th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Tati's match tomorrow is TBA, which means she'll probably play on a big court late in the day

Hope so :)

yukon145
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:57 AM
good luck Tati!

Whatzup
Jun 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Good luck Tati! :D..

something different.. does anyone have an emailadress from Tati?

rseto
Jun 21st, 2005, 05:28 PM
no tv, looks like court 15?! good luck tati!

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:34 PM
:fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:: fiery: Tati lost 6-3 3-6 7-5... and she says that she doens't needs a coach... ha! :mad:

HTE
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:41 PM
So sad for Tati, worst fears became reality :sad: :bigcry: :sad:

injury, bad draw, and very late start might have played a role, but Bondarenko is a player Tati must defeat. Very disappointing.

rseto
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:42 PM
well, unfortunately i was correct in thinking the first round would be tough since tati lost 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 to bondarenko. her right ankle was still bandaged so i don't know whether she was still hurt or not.

even though she looks good in it, she needs to get rid of the dress and go with the shorts. her results have gone downhill since she started wearing it. :unsure:

anyway, hope she gets completely healthy for the hard courts. i think she can still rise in the rankings this year but it looks tough.

HTE
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:45 PM
I'm sure she can improve, we were so spoiled with good results last year. Tati'll be back stronger than ever :)

ZAK
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:47 PM
awful loss :eek:

wurzelman
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM
:eek: No no no no no no noooooooooooo. :sad: :fiery: This is the worst. So disappointing. :( She should beat the likes of Bondarenko. :o Considering how good she is on grass she should at least got to the Maria match. I am so annoyed. But hopefully she will come back stronger. She still is the classiest girl around. :lick:

yukon145
Jun 21st, 2005, 11:11 PM
tough loss for Tati, at least now she can fully heal.

martirogi
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:24 AM
it seems like her play has really leveled off. charleston is the only good tourney i can remember this year. everything else has been average. hopefully she can work hard and really improve during the summer hardcourt season.

yukon145
Jun 22nd, 2005, 02:00 AM
im hoping this is just part of the "sophmore slump." last year was amazing, and this year had been alright so far. i mean Tati is in the top 20(at least for now). i think Tati is feeling a little pressure, hopefully things will be better in the future. she has a long career ahead of her, shes only 17.

AK-DH Fan
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
I don't know how to take this. I'm basically in shock:eek:

rseto
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:48 AM
I just hope Tati can improve her play against players ranked below her. I probably wouldn't be as disappointed if she only lost against higher ranked players but she's not. It seems she plays better as a tournament goes on but she has to get past the first round.

At her age, I'm also hoping that she realizes that she can still add more variety to her game rather than playing the same all the time.

just took a look at the stats for her match and it seems pretty obvious why she lost: 37 winners and 59 unforced errors. the number of errors seems a little high for someone who's supposed to be consistent. :sad:

Ceze
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:11 AM
Im so sad :hysteric: but the year is not finished yet, and I know she'll learn from this defeat... See you in your next tournament in the US (San Diego isnt it?)

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM
her next tournament will be Fed Cup against Spain.

Harju.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty bummed by the loss. Very disappointed though because her draw is wide open to R16. :sad:. Hopefully it's not because of her ankle. Her second bad loss this season, me thinks.

NicoMary
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:22 PM
It was because of her anckle...she also had a new new problem to the same anckle in the second set...she was in tears after the match...and said that
"at this moment, I hate tennis!!":sad:

HTE
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM
poor Tati, I thought it might be that :sad:

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
awww Tati :sobbing: take it easy girl... :hug:

Harju.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
Worst scenario ever. :sad:. Seemingly the injury is worse that we've thought. :(.

Get better soon tati.

rseto
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
i'm hoping that she can deal with this positively. it's probably the first time that she has had to deal with so much adversity on the tennis court.

she probably shouldn't play again until her ankle gets better. rest up tati!

yukon145
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:32 PM
get better soon Tati!

ZAK
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
If she keeps trying to come back to soon she'll keep reinjuring it. It seems like she should just take a month or so, she has time because hardcourt season anyway. She has commited to San Diego by the way.

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
:fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:: fiery: Tati lost 6-3 3-6 7-5... and she says that she doens't needs a coach... ha! :mad:

sad for tati but you spot a very important thing.

Tatiana should have a coach to help her improving her game, ive her some advices, confidence.

All the best players have a coach, she must think about taking one .She has a great potential and need to work on it, not alone.

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:48 AM
I'm back from my vacation. I was quite shocked and sad when I saw that she had lost in the first round. Her season has been very dissapointing.

I hope her ankle injury can recover soon. She needs the rest.

Despite the terrible loss I still love her.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Tati won't play the FED Cup tie vs Spain :sobbing: the team will be: Momo, Nathalie, Mary and Virginie.

so where will she play next? Toronto?

HTE
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Hard to say, main thing must be to get her injury completely healed first :)

rseto
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:59 PM
even if she went to Fed Cup, she might not have played any matches. with that team, she's probably number 4 in singles.

tati is confirmed for san diego.

ZAK
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:01 PM
San Diego is her next tournament if she's healthy. Hopefully she'll be able to play fed cup in the finals