PDA

View Full Version : Nightlife in eastbourne?

-Sonic-
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I'm bored of going out to dinner and then watching Big Brother in the hotel room - what can I do and where can I go once the tennis is finished?!?!

JoeB_UK
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well there are a few crappy clubs apparently:
kings
house of commons
atlantis
tj's

But to be honest, i will never be caught dead in a nightclub :eek: so i cant reccomend any from experience.

JonBcn
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I'm bored of going out to dinner and then watching Big Brother in the hotel room - what can I do and where can I go once the tennis is finished?!?!

Two questions:

1. Are you a lesbian, and
2. Do you like fish and chip shops?

If the answer to either or both is no, your options are limited, I'm afraid ;)

mn73
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Don't go to the cinema - its a lovely old style cinema but the sound is dreadful !

matija-seles
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe we (wtaworld members) could have some time together after the play is finished? Send me a the PM Sonic if you have MSN?

Gallofa
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Eastbourne is sooooo boring... unless you are over 70 of course, then, I know a couple of hotels that throw great parties that you might be interested in? with live music even.

Caz
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Eastbourne is sooooo boring... unless you are over 70 of course, then, I know a couple of hotels that throw great parties that you might be interested in? with live music even.

ROTFL! Yes, we've certainly found ourselves in the midst of a fair share of those, haven't we?!? ;) *singing* "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream .. lalalala" ;) :p

PamShriverRockz
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:11 PM

...Or maybe Ann Jones can put some old records on to liven things up a bit! When she's not cleaning the bins of course....

Gallofa
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Speaking of Ann, we saw her at Roland Garros! Her and Nathalie Tauziat! :D - one of the hightlights of the trip ;)

It still cracks me up to think about that Mr. Sandman moment. We were at least 55 years younger than everyone else there! ;)

Wendy Turnball
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Two questions:

1. Are you a lesbian, and
2. Do you like fish and chip shops?

If the answer to either or both is no, your options are limited, I'm afraid ;)

Oooo lucky old me then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

PamShriverRockz
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Speaking of Ann, we saw her at Roland Garros! Her and Nathalie Tauziat! :D - one of the hightlights of the trip ;)

Bea you always know how to make me insanely jealous! Of course, Ann is an ex champ at RG, being the legend she is ;)

It still cracks me up to think about that Mr. Sandman moment. We were at least 55 years younger than everyone else there! ;)

Achem. C'mon now Bea, Caz I need explanations here! This sounds too good a comedy moment to not tell the whole story!! Is that where Pam nabbed George!? ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Maybe we (wtaworld members) could have some time together after the play is finished? Send me a the PM Sonic if you have MSN?

Yeah thats cool. I'm going for three days. It would be hard to get that to happen though.

What would we do? :unsure: :tape:

Pdm1987
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:31 PM
ROTFL! Yes, we've certainly found ourselves in the midst of a fair share of those, haven't we?!? ;) *singing* "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream .. lalalala" ;) :p

can I come on one of these nights out with you please? sounds like fun :D

Caz
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Achem. C'mon now Bea, Caz I need explanations here! This sounds too good a comedy moment to not tell the whole story!! Is that where Pam nabbed George!? ;)

Bea and I were staying in this hotel, The Alexandra, if anyone is interested, where the next youngest guest was about 80, and we had to walk through the lounge to get out of the hotel. One evening we were going out for dinner, and opened the door into the lounge, totally unsuspecting of the scene that was to greet us, and there it was, a man playing the keybord and singing Mr. Sandman, surrounded by all the other guests of the hotel swaying back and forth in their chairs, singing along with him!!! ROTFL! We didn't dare even look at one another for fear of laughing as we crossed through the centre of the show and left the hotel!! Upon turning the corner, into the street, we both collapsed onto the wall in fits of laughter!!!!! :lol: It was one of our most comic memories of the tennis yet! :haha:

-Sonic-
Jun 7th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Well I am going with my mother this year and she's bringing my stepdad - so every minute I'm not watching the tennis - anything at all that doesn't involve having to make conversation with my stepdad would be brilliant.

And hey, why not get wasted too.

Szymanowski
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Well, Brighton's nearby and good for a wild night out if you want that kindd of thing........

But personally I'd prefer sampling the pubs of Lewis (also nearbye, about 10/15 mins by train, more by bus)

I reccomend one called the Elephant + Castle. Don't know why it's called that, but they do nice chips! And super Cheesey chips with Bacon :D

Harvey's Brewery make the best brew in the world, so if you have an ale anywhere in sussex, make it a Harveys.

Szymanowski
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:06 AM
If we're going to organise something, we should first of all know who's there when

how about we dedicate this thread to that only?

I can only make it on the Finals day

PamShriverRockz
Jun 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Bea and I were staying in this hotel, The Alexandra, if anyone is interested, where the next youngest guest was about 80, and we had to walk through the lounge to get out of the hotel. One evening we were going out for dinner, and opened the door into the lounge, totally unsuspecting of the scene that was to greet us, and there it was, a man playing the keybord and singing Mr. Sandman, surrounded by all the other guests of the hotel swaying back and forth in their chairs, singing along with him!!! ROTFL! We didn't dare even look at one another for fear of laughing as we crossed through the centre of the show and left the hotel!! Upon turning the corner, into the street, we both collapsed onto the wall in fits of laughter!!!!! :lol: It was one of our most comic memories of the tennis yet! :haha:

OMG!!!!!! Caz that's too funny for words!!! :lol: :lol: That beats asking Mary Pierce about umbrellas and having our picture taken with Ginny ;)
And are you SURE George wasn't staying at that hotel ;)

alex.2812
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
i'd like to go to eastbourne next year to see the tournament. can someone help me to organize my journey please? my MSN is a_dop@hotmail.com or you can send me a private message if you want to help me. thanks.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
How about the Bingo with the old folk ??? :tape: