PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I hope Ordina Open! She will have a good ranking, and she will be seed 1-3 ! :)

Declan
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure the new rankings will be relevant to the seedings in Holland; I think they work on the rankings of a couple of weeks before.... I am glad that Mary has a week off from competition now. She probably needs to rest and regroup ready for the grass season. She touched on this in her Roland Garros interview, but I'm sure that once the initial disappointment of today has worn off, Mary's fantastic accomplishments of the past two weeks will sink in, and she'll be really proud of her achievements. I'm glad she has a 300 point buffer in the rankings between herself and the next player down (Bovina) as I'm not sure that after two weeks of successful clay court tennis she'll immediately hit top grass court form, and she has a fair few points to defend as 2004 Champion, but I'd be happy with two or three wins and some good practise. I'm hopeful that she can have one of her better Wimbledon performances now, with the double advantage of increased confidence from attaining her 5th career Slam final (hooray!!!) and the benefits of a kinder draw than she's had for the past 4 years due to her deserved jump in the rankings/seedings.

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Rest is the best she can do.

Mary deserves a rest after her fabulous run at RG and take care of her injury.

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah and i'm not sure Mary will go to Rosmalen ...

She will be seed number 3 if she goes there, and she'll be number 13th in Wimbledon this year if nobody retires !

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I hope that mary will try and defend her title. As it will show her how she is playing on the green stuff, and what she might have to improve on.

And I would love to see her defend her title.

But what ever she does, she will know best.

Mark

NicoMary
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Mary won't probably go to rosmalen...she had several injuries...it would be beter for her to take some rest....

But we'll see...hope she'll be in shape for rosmalen

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:58 PM
If Mary is not full 100%, that I think that she should probaly miss Ordian Open. But it will be cool if she was OK to play and win it again.

mark

Mary won't probably go to rosmalen...she had several injuries...it would be beter for her to take some rest....

But we'll see...hope she'll be in shape for rosmalen

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM
She has several injuries, that's right ... but i think that her head is again in paris so she needs hollydays, she needs to stop tennis a few days i think ...

In Rosmalen if she decides to play, i think she will be considered as the favourite, because Dmeentieva and her poor serve and petrova are not really pleased with grass while Mary's game suits grass very much i think ! (a good serve, a good volley, powerful strokes)

But we all know that Mary can play her best one day, and her worst another day !

That's why her next tournament will show us if Mary is able to play like she did in Paris, withou her family and the crowd with her !
I'm sure she can !
To sum up, i have to say that her first round match in Rosmalen or in Wimbledon if she retires in S hertogenbosh will give us a good idea about Mary, her game, and her state of mind.

Hope her the best, hope she will play like she did in Rome, in Paris :hearts:

Go Mary, on the road to another slam and the top 10 :bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I think that Mary should take a good rest...and recover from all the excitement and tension of Roland Garros...;)

I still think that Mary has a great chance at Wimbledon...her big groundstrokes will be so effective there...and players will have trouble rallying with Mary...its only when she's making mistakes that Mary gets into trouble...

Oh well...rest well Mary!!!!:angel:

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF SEASON!!!:bounce:

rsunderji
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I hope mary takes some rest before wimbledon. Hopefully she will play queens for her tuneup and just get into the rythm again. I just hope she can get over what happened to her in the finals mentally and start fresh for the grass season.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I hope mary takes some rest before wimbledon. Hopefully she will play queens for her tuneup and just get into the rythm again. I just hope she can get over what happened to her in the finals mentally and start fresh for the grass season.

Emm...for ur information...QUEEN'S is only for the men....:rolleyes: :lol:

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Mary is still on the ordinera entry list (for the moment)

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Mary is still on the ordinera entry list (for the moment)

I just read in L'Equipe That Mary was planning to play in Ordina open...she is in paris, doing some shopping and having some rest...:worship:
the article is great...

Mary says that she may try to reach the Master tournament if she stays in good shape ...:rolleyes::hearts:

and let us know THAT She WILL BE IN PERFECT SHAPE fot THE australian Open 2006...:eek::bounce::hearts:

*She also says that she should retire if she win a new grand slam but that she remember How great she felt after RG 2000 and that's why she will move forward....great article:bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info Nicolas. Could you translate more of the article? :kiss:

isaboulou
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Bonjour nicolas,
Pourrais-tu faire un résumé en français de l'article de l'équipe parce qu'il a l'air trés interessant ? Il est sorti aujourd'hui ou hier ?
merci

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:43 PM
*She also says that she should retire if she win a new grand slam but that she remember How great she felt after RG 2000 and that's why she will move forward....great article:bounce:

R....... grrrr !!!!!