PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2005

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Well we knew that Roland Garros wasn't really destined, it was just a warmup.

1995 - Australian Open Champion
2000 - Roland Garros Champion
2005 - Wimbledon Champion?
2010 - ? ;)

Allez Mary.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah...;)

It has been my secret wish for Mary to win Wimbledon....I just don't get it when Mary says she hates grass...sure she has some problems with footwork because of the surface...but her powerful shots will be awesome on grass and her opponents will really have problems rallying with her...:worship:

I should say Mary needs to have the first strike before her opponents do...

Well....I remember Wimbledon 1996 when Mary just missed a chance to meet Steffi in the semifinals...she lost to Kimiko Date in a 3 set match...:sad:

But still...never too late...I still say Mary can still win Grand Slams...and I really love it if she wins WIMBLEDON...:angel:

GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

ali
Jun 7th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Mary has become more confident on grass over the past few years and seems to be enjoying the surface a bit more. She can volley well, has a great serve and return and obviously we all know about her power shots.

I think she could have a really good run at Wimbledon this year, especially with her higher seeding. I just hope that she's recovered from her exersions in Paris.

Andy.
Jun 7th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Mary should really feel confident going in. she has the weapons to do well on grass and she should be a more confident player now. Lets hope she has a great run.

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I really hope she will have a good run at Wimbledon, are they going to change seeding again like they used to do in the past?

NicoMary
Jun 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I want Mary to win The US open...:hearts:but i'd love seeing her winnin' also in Wimbly HIHIHi....

I think that they will change the seed as usual...Vénus may be seeded over Mary...Kim also......but it's not that bad..Mary is confident..if she is in good shape she'll have some fun in London....

Hope she won't put pressure on her shoulder after her amazing run In paris.....

Have FUN MAry Destroy everybodies 6161 and 6061 for the final:bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Are You sure about the seeding? I think that they've changed it many times but only in men's tournament.

saby
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
it was both, men and women

NicoMary
Jun 15th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Bovina Is out of Wimbly and maybe dementieva...this can improve Mary's seeding ranks.....what can we hope from Mary in this year wimbledon tournament? seriously...

She has a pretty good run on clay:worship:...ON GREAT run in PARIS:worship:.........but the beggining of year was pretty bad....:sad:

Mary won a tournament on grass last year..;and we know that she has done pretty well in Wimbly for the last couples of year...

So What can We expect....A victory? I don't think so... Maria, Serena, Linsday, Vénus, and Justine may be stronger than mary on grass...

I would say that if Mary keep going on a good level she has to make the quarter...and why not goin to the semi destroyin hénin on her way...

What do you think a bout that?:wavey:

MaryPierceFan
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Everything is possible. Mary is that kind of player that You never know what to expect. I hope for a good run.

Guys, do You know when and what time in the drawing? I'm gonna listen to Radio Wimbledon with live drawing.

saby
Jun 15th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Everything is possible. Mary is that kind of player that You never know what to expect. I hope for a good run.

Guys, do You know when and what time in the drawing? I'm gonna listen to Radio Wimbledon with live drawing.

I agree with you with Mary, we never know !!
but I think a quarter is possible but it depend on the draw

Mark Spruce
Jun 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Hope and Pray Hope and Pray Hope and Pray Hope and Pray Hope and Pray

saby
Jun 15th, 2005, 04:45 PM
1995 - Australian Open Champion
2000 - Roland Garros Champion
2005 - Wimbledon Champion?
Allez Mary.

1994- Roland Garros RUNNER UP (scare by the french crowd)
1995 - Australian Open CHAMPION

1997 - Australian Open RUNNER UP (after a big injury)
2000 - Roland Garros CHAMPION (Loved by the french crowd)

2005- Roland Garros RUNNER UP (back from nowhere)
2005 - Wimbledon ???

________________________Why not !!!

2006- Australian Open CHAMPION (I like that too)

MaryPierceFan
Jun 15th, 2005, 06:28 PM
When and what time is the drawing?

LafandeMary
Jun 15th, 2005, 07:35 PM
When and what time is the drawing?

From Wimbledon's official website: "The draw for the 2005 Championships will be held at the All England Club at 10.30am on Thursday 16 June in the main interview room, located in the Millennium Building."

I hope this year we will be able to hear the live drawing on the Wimbledon Radio like last year!

isaboulou
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Oh the wimbledon's draw is not easy for Mary
The first and second match it's good but after... maybe Ivanovic or douchevina and after Henin for a revanche of RG 2005 lol
Mary can do it, i'm sure

NicoMary
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Ivanovic or douchevina won't be a problem if Mary wins her first two matches....she will be on her road ...ivanovic may take a set to mary...but if mary is playin well Her power is way bigger than ana's one....

I really really wants Mary to face Hénin:fiery::bounce:

isaboulou
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:45 PM
yes me too i want the revanche between mary and justine :drool: and this time it's mary who win the match. ;) I think mary has more chance to beat henin on grass than at RG because mary is stronger than henin :D

NicoMary
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:50 PM
PFIOUUUUUUU Safarova:eek:!!!! Mary's first opponent has done a great year so far...:o and she is doing well in Sherthogenbosh...it will Be a really tough first round for Mary..for her first match on grass of the season:sad:

Mark Spruce
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Best of luck to you Mary.

VAMOS Mar-ie Piere !!!!!!!!

You and the Blonde Bomber

I hope that I will get to see Mary on the BBC, but I suppose they will just show Henman Henman.

Mark

MaryPierceFan
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I hate the draw! :fiery:
I wish Mary played in Holland and defend many ranking points. The players there aren't the strongest and for sure Mary will be at least in the final.
The draw is horrible. It'll be tough to reach QF.
And I wish Molik didn't withdraw. Mary were seeded 13th(as Likhovtseva) who has a very good draw.
But I believe in Mary. If she is on fire she can beat everyone.
So let's see.
Go girl! You can do it!

rsunderji
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah this is a tough one; I don't think we can just assume Mary will make it all the way to the 4th round to face JHH. I wish she had more practice on the grass. Having said that though, Mary's biggest obstacle is herself so if she is mentally and physically prepared then I think she can at the very least make it to the 4th round and give JHH a run for her money

MaryPierceFan
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Ya, Mary needs practise. But after the triumph in Holland she lost at Wimbledon in 1st round. With Mary we don't know what to expect.

sebbe
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Not happy about the draw....Ivanovic in third and the again justine, though I think Mary has a better chance on gras.
I just hope Mary is back in shape and that her injuries has heald, and that Mary also has found a god mental stability after RG.

Mark Spruce
Jun 16th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hi Sebbe,

Yes I do worry a little on what state of mind Mary could be in after the dissapointment of the RG final.

Hey lets all hope for the best and it maybe happen.

Mark

saby
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM
1994 - Roland Garros__________ RUNNER UP
1995 - Australian Open_________ CHAMPION
1997 - Australian Open ________ RUNNER UP
2000 - Roland Garros__________ CHAMPION
2005 - Roland Garros__________ RUNNER UP

Is this remind something to somebody ????

Please stop being afraid of every players, at leat don't show it
Mary is a great player, she can handle it

Have faith, I belive in Mary, I'm not afraid of Safarova

MARY
ALLEZ VAS'Y ACCELERE !!! lol

suzie
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Not the easier draw, not at all... Lucie is a great player, improving day by day in the last 5 or 6 months. Of course I think Mary can do it, but it will be tough! Good luck and I hope to see Mary at Wimby! :D

sebbe
Jun 16th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I must say that it is a very interesting first round for everyone, especially Mary. I mean, if Safarova is getting better and better and today she beat Safina, it will be a good test for Mary. It will show Mary where she stands and what she should work on, for the next match or the next tournament. This is kind of similar to RG a few weeks ago, Douchevina in first round. Mary handled that very well and I'm sure she will be able to do that again.

Go Mary....

Mark Spruce
Jun 16th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Hail Saby

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 16th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Allez Mary! Allez Mary! Allez Mary!

NicoMary
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I'm not scared at all..about mary's first match....:rolleyes:

even if she says in the newspaper that she don't know who is Lucie Safarova...and that she hopes that it won't be a too strongh opponent...:rolleyes:

I mean Lucie is doing a great season..and is now in final...she has defeated some great player...
It could be a fun match to watch...I love when Mary Kick young princess ass!!!!:bounce:

But if mary is not well prepared:rolleyes:

Mark Spruce
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:53 PM
VAMOS MARY

VAMOS MARY

We are all on the way to VAMOS MARY

Mark

saby
Jun 17th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Mary is not working anymore with Octagon...

MissTennisFan
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Really? That's interesting... is it because she is now represented by the Lagardere Team?

isaboulou
Jun 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM
wat'is octagon ?

saby
Jun 18th, 2005, 11:50 AM
wat'is octagon ?

Octogon is like IMG, a compagny who's taking care of everything, commercial...tv show...

Anyway Lagardère team is taking care of Mary so...

Ils s'occupent des intérêts des joueurs, pour les pubs, les emissions, leur apparition, les trucs dans le genre.

Mary avait quitté IMG en 2000 car ils ne l'avaient pas assez "médiatisé" auprès du public français après sa victoire à RG, et elle n'avait pas aimé, enfin d'après les média bien sur ...

MissTennisFan
Jun 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Octogon is like IMG, a compagny who's taking care of everything, commercial...tv show...

Anyway Lagardère team is taking care of Mary so...

Ils s'occupent des intérêts des joueurs, pour les pubs, les emissions, leur apparition, les trucs dans le genre.

Mary avait quitté IMG en 2000 car ils ne l'avaient pas assez "médiatisé" auprès du public français après sa victoire à RG, et elle n'avait pas aimé, enfin d'après les média bien sur ...

Remarque qu'Octagon n'avait pas fait grand chose non plus, je les avais appelé il y a deux ans à peu près et il m'avait comprendre que Mary était plutôt sur la fin de sa carrière donc qu'il n'y avait pas vraiment de grands projets médiatiques prévus.

J'espère que le Team Lagardère fera un meilleur travail, déjà les deux émissions télé sont un très bon début mais vivement que ça continue... une ou deux pubs serait pas mal non plus.

saby
Jun 18th, 2005, 02:31 PM
oui et je penses que c'est le moment de le faire, Mary est beaucoup plus apprécié maintenant

Il n'y a pas longtemps, je discutais de RG avec des personnes qui bosse régulièrement avec moi, et il y a une chose qui ressortait tout le temps, c'est incroyable la paix qui dégage de cette fille, elle a craqué en finale mais au moins elle y est arrivé elle... Sans dire de nom bien sur. Ils ont tous dit que la presse aurait du laisser Mary tranquille aulieu de la suivre comme ils l'ont fait (la je suis d'accord)...

MissTennisFan
Jun 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM
oui et je penses que c'est le moment de le faire, Mary est beaucoup plus apprécié maintenant

Il n'y a pas longtemps, je discutais de RG avec des personnes qui bosse régulièrement avec moi, et il y a une chose qui ressortait tout le temps, c'est incroyable la paix qui dégage de cette fille, elle a craqué en finale mais au moins elle y est arrivé elle... Sans dire de nom bien sur. Ils ont tous dit que la presse aurait du laisser Mary tranquille aulieu de la suivre comme ils l'ont fait (la je suis d'accord)...

Moi aussi je suis d'accord, Mary est trop gentille et on en profite. Je sais pas si tu as vu le jour de la finale ils ont fait un reportage, et ils ont montré l'entrainement des deux joueuses, Mary leur a évidemment accordé quelques mots après son entrainement, et apres quand ils sont allés parlés à Justine elle a été beaucoup plus discrète. Le reporter disait un truc du style c'est le cauchemar de toutes les joueuses a part Mary Pierce de parler à la presse avant ce genre d'evenement... Ceci dit j'aime bien quand il y a des interviews de Mary, car a part en 2000 on peut pas dire qu'on ait été très gatés les autres années...

saby
Jun 19th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Check this link it's a wimbledon article about French players...
There is a line about Mary at the bottom

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2005-06-18/200506181118918565273.html (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2005-06-18/200506181118918565273.html)

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 19th, 2005, 11:14 AM
:kiss: Goodluck Mary!!! :hearts: :worship:

saby
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Safafora lost the final in 3 sets yesterday, she had 2 good weeks in a row, tough matches.

Mary rested for 2 weeks and she's training since wednesday on grass, tuesday we will see which one will have the best advantage.........................competition or resting

NicoMary
Jun 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Safafora lost the final in 3 sets yesterday, she had 2 good weeks in a row, tough matches.

Mary rested for 2 weeks and she's training since wednesday on grass, tuesday we will see which one will have the best advantage.........................competition or resting

Exactly what I was thinking:)

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Yes we will find out on Tuesday. I hope that Mary will get a good court.

Anyone going to Wimbledon and taking pics of our queen

I think that she is not playing doubles SAD

Mark

sebbe
Jun 20th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Wonder what Mary will wear, hope it is something new. I wouldn't be surprised to see the white clothes with the blue stripe on the side. But yeah, hopefully something new.

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Yeah somthing totally new. Hopefully will find out on Tuesday.

Plesae people in the press and photographers, we do need pics of Mary

THANK U

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Court 13, huh?? One of the most popular players in the world, winner of two Grand Slam titles and two Fed Cup titles, recent runner-up at the French Open is set to play on Court 13?? OK -- whatever!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Well I would expect that from them. If they do not like a player or he or she has not done so well there before.... I am going to stop before i make some one angry. I just can't stand Wimbledon.

Wishing Mary all the best for tommorow. I hope that it will go well for her. And I hope that one of her balls might head in the way of Miss Croft jejejej With a message of What have I ever done for you.

Sorry I was upset with what Croft said about Mary

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Oh well...court 13 it is...I'm going to watch out for Mary on tv tomorrow hopefully they'll show her!!!!:angel:

Good luck mary...just relax, focus and play ur best!!!:bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Wishing Mary all the best for tommorow. I hope that it will go well for her. And I hope that one of her balls might head in the way of Miss Croft jejejej With a message of What have I ever done for you.

Sorry I was upset with what Croft said about Mary

Mark

Heheheheh...count me in Mark...I'll wish for the same thing!!!;)

ali
Jun 20th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Court 13, huh?? One of the most popular players in the world, winner of two Grand Slam titles and two Fed Cup titles, recent runner-up at the French Open is set to player on Court 13?? OK -- whatever!!
Actually guys, court 13 is one of the biggest of the outside courts. When you consider that Venus and Serena (former champions) are both on court 2 and Maria and Justine are both playing tomorrow, court 13 isn't bad. Its actually one of my favourite courts to watch tennis on - it has a big seating area.

The order of the size of courts is Centre, No.1, 2, 3, then 13, 17,18 are the next biggest.

I'm going down there on Saturday, hopefully I'll get some good photos again :D

saby
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Actually guys, court 13 is one of the biggest of the outside courts. When you consider that Venus and Serena (former champions) are both on court 2 and Maria and Justine are both playing tomorrow, court 13 isn't bad. Its actually one of my favourite courts to watch tennis on - it has a big seating area.
The order of the size of courts is Centre, No.1, 2, 3, then 13, 17,18 are the next biggest.
I'm going down there on Saturday, hopefully I'll get some good photos again :D

Can somebody explain to me why do they gave this number to this court? if it's one of the biggest, I don't really understand it's not logical. Whatever !!!

MissTennisFan
Jun 20th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Actually guys, court 13 is one of the biggest of the outside courts. When you consider that Venus and Serena (former champions) are both on court 2 and Maria and Justine are both playing tomorrow, court 13 isn't bad. Its actually one of my favourite courts to watch tennis on - it has a big seating area. The order of the size of courts is Centre, No.1, 2, 3, then 13, 17,18 are the next biggest. I'm going down there on Saturday, hopefully I'll get some good photos again

Oh thanks for telling us, Ali... I guess it's OK then. I had no idea it was one of the bigger outside courts -- I've unforunately never actually been to Wimbledon. I thought it was just one of those smaller courts for little-known players... I do agree with Saby though that naming it 'court 13' is a little misleading in that case.

Still, I can't help feeling Mary should be on one of the show courts...

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 20th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Best of British to my favourite Mary Pierce. Looking forward to cheering Mary on again at this years Wimbledon.

Keep smiling Mary!

Mark Spruce
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Best of luck for today Mary.

Lets have some fun and mow down the grass and the apponent.

mark

isaboulou
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:56 PM
hey hey there was an interview with mary. She talk about her adversaire and how does she feel.

marion
Jun 21st, 2005, 05:08 PM
peux tu ns dire isaboulou où tu as vu l'interview stp? MERCI

MissTennisFan
Jun 21st, 2005, 05:08 PM
hey hey there was an interview with mary. She talk about her adversaire and how does she feel.

Wow! Where?

saby
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Justine is out...................Mary it's your chance !!! there is an open draw until 4th round

Mark Spruce
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes Where is the Interview.

I think that they could put Mary's match on another court. As it is taking so long to get to her match. All fo the matches before have gone the distance. Esecially the first match

mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:22 PM
What happened to Mary...our covergae didn't show her match...I tried to search on ESPN but found nothing on her...DID SHE WIN???:confused:

saby
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:37 PM
court number 18, i watched Mary, she was terrific

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:39 PM
Ah....got it...she won 6-3 6-4...YES!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :angel:

But the scoreboard shows that it was on court 18...I thought it was on court 13....oh well...whatever!!!!:rolleyes:

Well done Mary....good luck for next round!!!:angel:

LafandeMary
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:50 PM

Oh really? great :hearts: :hearts:

On which channel did you watched it?

Mark Spruce
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah it whent to court 18, as it was getting so late and the match on the 13 had not finished yet. As all the matches on 13 went the full sets.

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:06 PM

Saby, c'était sur quelle chaine?

isaboulou
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM
the interview of mary was on sport+. it was Anne Gaelle sidot who interviewed mary.
And the match was too on sport +
Mary was great; strong and beautiful today

MissTennisFan
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:23 PM
the interview of mary was on sport+. it was Anne Gaelle sidot who interviewed mary.
And the match was too on sport +
Mary was great; strong and beautiful today

What is Sport+? Is it Canal+ Sport?

isaboulou
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
no is another channel there are canal + ; canal + sport and sport + .3 channel which diffused wimbledon. and sport + is only the women tournament. It's cool.it's on canalsatellite channel 60 for french

MissTennisFan
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Oh it's too bad, I only get Canal+, Canal+ Sport and a couple of others... I subscribed especially for Wimbledon but I guess I won't be seeing much of Mary then, oh well...

saby
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:44 PM
Essai demain soir sur France 3, dans "tout le sport" il devrait couvrir Wimbledon donc parler de Mary, le match n'était pas terminé ce soir à l'heure où c'était diffusé

NicoMary
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Essai demain soir sur France 3, dans "tout le sport" il devrait couvrir Wimbledon donc parler de Mary, le match n'était pas terminé ce soir à l'heure où c'était diffusé

Mouai Mary dans "tout le sport"...j'ai du voir ca 5 fois dans ma vie maximum....à mon avis son nom ne sera même pas cité...qui tiens le pari?

saby
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Mouai Mary dans "tout le sport"...j'ai du voir ca 5 fois dans ma vie maximum....à mon avis son nom ne sera même pas cité...qui tiens le pari?

Hum oui tu as raison, c'est aussi le nombre de finale de GS qu'elle a fait... à dans 10 jours alors...LOL

pierce_fanatic
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:42 PM

The same thing happens down here at the Australian Open. We have the big courts being MCA (Court 1), Court 2, Court 3 and then from court 4 to about court 16 only has two rows of seats on each side and then Court 18 is the next biggest court after court 3. It's very strange.

saby
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Mary will play on court 3

It's the third matches, play start at noon

1. Santoro vs Novak
2. Petrova vs Beltrame
3. Mary vs Julia

Good luck, have fun and go get it Mary !!!!

Andy.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:52 AM
Good luck today Mary. This should be a pretty compfortable match to set up a meeting with Ivanovic.

Mark Spruce
Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:53 AM
Oh please do not say Pretty Comfortable jejejej

lets say it is a hard match and mary has to conentrate. I always think if you should win the match you will relax and not play so well if you know what I mean.

Well Mary wishing you all the best for today.

hey court 3 is cool

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:33 AM
i say GOOD LUCK ,TOO!
oh,guys,i want Mary to do so much on wimbledon,and that is why i am scared of Ivanovic!nobody,believes Mary has a chance at Wimbly(that ex-british tennis player,whose name i never heard of),and that is why i want her to do well.Because she has the game for grass,and the game for great matches.Mary has all the shots,(her voley is good too) for the titles.She just needs to be comfortable on grass!
p.s.if Martinez won wimbly i believe Mary could win and defent the title next year!
But let not jinx Mary!
good luck Mary-angel!!!!

Andy.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:03 AM
Mary has all thw weapons to do well on grass as do many other top players but if Mary is on her game not Many can stand in her way. Mary will have to keep raising her level match by match. Today could be tough and we know Ana will be. Good luck today Mary

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
I've watched Vakulenko played before...she'stough...has a good solid serve..so I reckon a good test for Mary...

However...if Mary concentrate well I think she should get through...:angel:

Good luck...GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

NicoMary
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
Franckly...Vakulenko is far from being a great player...at her best level she makes at least three UE by game...but she hits the ball pretty hard..and who knows..she can be on a good day...

Mary just have to play her game and have fun...we'll see...but i'd love to see Mary against Ivanovic:hearts:

Mark Spruce
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Best of luck to you TODAY Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Ambrosia
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
*Praying*

NicoMary
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
It's going pretty bad for MAry....she seems to be Upset

Focus MARY GO GIRL FIGHTT:bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
1-1 set all

Did she seem upset when she came on court ????

Come on Mary lets go for the 3rd

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
oh,good,this is so hard!

cakiteror
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
oh,good,she won!
she needs to rest!
a nice all day rest!

sebbe
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
I almost died in the tiebreak, no kidding but Mary you did scare me alot. It was so frustrating cuz Mary could never break Julia's serve. But she did when she really had to. This must give Mary so much confidence, to finally win after this struggle.
So happy to still see Mary's name in the draw. Next is Ana and that will be much harder then today. So Mary, be ready.

Good Luck in next round

bubbliscious
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:37 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/ten/large/20050623_18_53040679db038_wimbledon_cha.jpg

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/ten/large/20050623_18_53040679db039_wimbledon_cha.jpg

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/ten/large/20050623_18_53040679db040_wimbledon_cha.jpg

bubbliscious
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:47 AM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/ten/large/20050623_18_53040679db037_wimbledon_cha.jpg

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/ten/large/20050623_18_53040679db035_wimbledon_cha.jpg

:)

saby
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM
thanks for the pics !!!

Andy.
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Im so proud of Mary for really fighting all the way it really shows how mentally strong she is these days. Im sure she is going to lift a few gears now with her experience she will know whats coming.

NicoMary
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:13 PM
It may be a stupid comment...but i'm pretty sure that if Mary beats Ivanovic...she won't have real problems against Venus or serena.....

MAry had for her two firts matches ...two really really good opponent...

Safarova was playin great, Vakulenko made the match of her life...and now comes IVANOVIC!!

A terror on the circuit....If Mary can Kick her young ass she would have been trained against Hard hitters for almost the entier year LOLL

What do you think about that?

saby
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I agree with you but, Ana is the next apponent, one match at the time, everybody thinks Ana is great, strong...
She may be a good player but she will face Mary and against Mary there are 2 solutions if Ana wants to win.

1. Mary is playing very bad and no problem, Ana will win
2. Mary is playing great and if she wants to win she has to play terrific tennis

Mark Spruce
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Agree with you Saby.

I feel that some times if you look ahead for mor than one match, and things do not go well, the dissapointment will be even larger.

geez I feel like i can't explain my slef very well. I think that i need some cofee.

Oh best of luck in the mixed doubles today

mark

saby
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Court 3 at noon Mary vs Ana

Mary will play later with Leander for double mixed

One question guys, I can't remember the name of Mary partner about 10 years ago, one of the american twin brothers, they were both completely crazy and crazy about Mary too, she did have good result with him, I know the name I just don't remember !!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Oh the Bryan twins I think they are called.

take care

Mark

p.s GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!

saby
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:56 PM
No, Mark they are too young !!!
It's incredible I can't remember their name, Mary and one of them made a semi final of the USO yeah I think it was USO around 1995...

MissTennisFan
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Court 3 at noon Mary vs Ana

Mary will play later with Leander for double mixed

One question guys, I can't remember the name of Mary partner about 10 years ago, one of the american twin brothers, they were both completely crazy and crazy about Mary too, she did have good result with him, I know the name I just don't remember !!!

The Jensen brothers. I can't remember whether she played with Luke or Murphy though...

By the way, I think she's playing with Mahesh, not Leander...

ashwu
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:16 AM
The Jensen brothers. I can't remember whether she played with Luke or Murphy though...

luke. us open semi

cakiteror
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Guys i just want her to do well!
i know that she is an established player,but this is Wimbly,and i
want her to show the british press that she is made of IRON!
(and gold as well:))

MissTennisFan
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:59 AM
luke. us open semi

Thanks, Ashwu. By the way, I love the design you've used for your site. Are you a professional web designer?

saby
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM

Yes the jensen's brothers !!!

and you are right it's not Leander, I don't know why I wrote his name, probably b/c they played together ...

GO MARY "THE BATTLE" start at noon, another Eclipse is coming soon

MissTennisFan
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Yes the jensen's brothers !!!

and you are right it's not Leander, I don't know why I wrote his name, probably b/c they played together ...

Yes, LOL, I wouldn't have known either, I just happened to come across his name in a short article about him playing with Mary...

GO MARY "THE BATTLE" start at noon, another Eclipse is coming soon

Oui mais là, je ne pourrais pas suivre sur Canal+ car ils commencent la diffusion seulement à partir de 17h. :(

saby
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Oui mais là, je ne pourrais pas suivre sur Canal+ car ils commencent la diffusion seulement à partir de 17h. :(

je pense que le match sera aussi sur sport+ , as tu les chaines allemandes, dès fois il m'arrive de regarder les matches là s'ils ne sont pas diffusés chez nous.

ashwu
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Ashwu. By the way, I love the design you've used for your site. Are you a professional web designer?

thanks!!! :lol: but no, i'm not a designer. i do it just for fun :lick:

Declan
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Hmmm..Nick Bollettieri isn't exactly over-confident about Mary's chances today. In "The Independent" he states that she faces a tough test. He says she sometimes has to be watched in what she eats, but she's been playing 'OK' at Wimbledon so far, so he told her yesterday she could 'treat herself with a mouthful of her favourite tiramisu. She'll deserve another if she beats Ivanovic, who knows no fear. Mary was a little tired after the last round, and I think she'll need to win in straight sets, or she'll have trouble'. He doesn't sound too optimistic about her chances, does he? Ivanovic is literally the only player in the Top Fifty I've never seen play, either live or on television; I was looking forward to checking her out at Eastbourne last week, but she withdrew (after the draw pitted her in the scond round against Amelie). So I can't predict the outcome -instead I shall go swimming now and hopefully the match will be over when I return -with an emphatic Mary victory, of course!!!!

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Mary is storming she wins the first set 61 and leads 20 in the second

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Mary now leads 31 in the second she has really raised her game for today she new she had to.

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Mary is now 42 in the second set. Come on Mary just hold your serve thats all you have to do.

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I think this is a big match up for Mary...if she can just get past Ivanovic...I think it will do a lot for her confidence in the following matches... :angel:

I'm still counting on Mary to make my dream come true...please Mary win WIMBLEDON!!!! ;)

But yeah...one match at a time...I think Mary must relax and try to play her best tennis...the win will come... :angel:

Talk about having a piece of Tiramisu for a treat after winning her match....heheheheh... :rolleyes:

So good luck Mary...GO!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Andy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Mary is serving for the match at 54 in the second. Come On Mary

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Is she winning?? stupid me for posting that...

Anyway...yes!! Go Mary!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

sebbe
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Wow Wow Wow.....Mary you did it, 4th round again, wouldn't it be nice to reach the quaters again;)....

I'm so happy, and most over the stats, terrific stats Mary. Keep on playing like that and I know you will be satisfied Mary. So happy, probably Daniilidou in next round. It will be hard but you can do it.

Good Luck in next round

Declan
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I am overjoyed, and so pleased that the crowd on General Messages, who almost unanimously predicted an Ivanovic win, have been proved WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Spruce
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:16 PM
You are the best Mary

Keep it up

Mow down more grass

Mark

Mark Spruce
Jun 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Oh Mary won't play Eleni D, as she lost too F.Pennetta.

So Mary will play Flavia.

Best of luck to Mary.

regards

Mark

NicoMary
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I have just picked this part of Mary comments...but mary has so nice words about Venus and Serena........I love MAry SHE is just so cool..and rescpectfull
I admire her

MARY PIERCE: You know, I don't know. I think Serena and Venus are really interesting girls. I like them a lot. I have admiration for them and respect. I think they're doing a lot of great things for women and sports on and off the court. Very interesting. :hearts:

NicoMary
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Oh Mary won't play Eleni D, as she lost too F.Pennetta.

So Mary will play Flavia.

Best of luck to Mary.

regards

Mark

Mary has a revenge to take on Flavia:rolleyes: :p .... she lost to her in doha in think 7,6 6,1 it was two years ago..i'm not sure...MARY HAS TO BEAT HER NOW:bounce:

Declan
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:50 PM
It was when Mary was coming back from injury and WAY out of shape. I really expect a different result this time. I honestly think Mary will never have a better chance of getting to the Wimbledon Quarter-Finals than having to play Flavia Pennetta in the round of 16!!

rsunderji
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM
what an opportunity for mary, but yeah take it one at a time. What a great match by pierce today, just a great match. Go Mary

cakiteror
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Lets Take One Match At A Time!
That Is What Mary Has Teached Us Over The Years!

Mark Spruce
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I think that we have a new saying here now.

"One Match at a time".

Well I will be wishing Mary all of the best for Monday.

take care

Mark

ms_nut
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM
No, Mark they are too young !!!
It's incredible I can't remember their name, Mary and one of them made a semi final of the USO yeah I think it was USO around 1995...

It was Murphy Jenson in 1995 of the US Open.....
Pierce lost in the 3rd rd to Frazier 6-3,6-3 that year...

cakiteror
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:16 AM
You know as i said,
Mary teached us that!
her hardest job was in the 2nd round,and i never thought about Vakulenko,
my mind was in the 3rd match!
THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN:)

Andy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I so Happy for Mary she is finally back to her best she is fit and Dangerous Mary is going to be a real Danger for this title. Keep it up Girl

saby
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
In the french interview Mary say that her left ankle is not totally recovered and that is the reason why it's still bandaged.
Movement on herb are more difficult and to avoid injury again she prefers to protect it.

cakiteror
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Oh,guys i dont want Pennetta to surprise our girl!
I hope Mary will be at her top tomorrow!
So,good luck to our hitting machine:)

cakiteror
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:05 PM
She was so good against Ana!
All Serbian journalist say she was fantastic!
Ana said Mary was great,too!
So Mary if you read this please DONT LET PENNETTA SURPRISE YOU!
LOTS OF LUCK!

Mark Spruce
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:27 AM
mary is first up on court 3. Start at 12 noon UK time.

Mark

p.s Best of luck Mary Wishing you all of the best

Declan
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Mary shouldn't be surprised by her opponent today-she has played doubles with Flavia in two or three tournaments this year, and she has a tendency to practice with her doubles partner at any given tournament, so presumable she knows her game. Plus she lost to her in their only previous meeting, so should know what to expect. GO MARY!!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:58 AM
It was Murphy Jenson in 1995 of the US Open.....
Pierce lost in the 3rd rd to Frazier 6-3,6-3 that year...

It's Luck Jenson .

(taken from Pierce's biography)
MIXED DOUBLES
Semifinalist (1): 1995 - US Open (L. Jensen).

The Last Unicorn
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Pierce played Mixed doubles in Wimbledon in 1996. She teamed up with Pat Cash. I don't know how far they went, but I saw them play live on Centre Court that year. The first and only time, I saw her play live. Sweet memories...

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 27th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Very exciting...Mary now has the best chance of reaching the quarterfinals then ever before...:angel:

If Mary can just keep her focus and concentration...she should by far beat Flavia...:bounce:

Come on Mary....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:bounce:

Ambrosia
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I'm nervous about the match with Flavia (the pressure's all on Mary because she's the higher seed and Grand Slam champion) but I'm going to be hopeful.

ashwu
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:49 PM
It's Luck Jenson .

(taken from Pierce's biography)
MIXED DOUBLES
Semifinalist (1): 1995 - US Open (L. Jensen).

i said it's luke because i remember murphy is a lefty.
i have a 5 minutes video of that match. the audio is messed up for about 1 and a half minutes. but you guys don't understand chinese anyway :p

http://rapidshare.de/files/2630538/mary_and_luke_jensen.rm.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/2630538/mary_and_luke_jensen.rm.html)

isaboulou
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Mary won 6-3 6-1. She is a genius

ms_nut
Jun 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM
i said it's luke because i remember murphy is a lefty.
i have a 5 minutes video of that match. the audio is messed up for about 1 and a half minutes. but you guys don't understand chinese anyway :p

http://rapidshare.de/files/2630538/mary_and_luke_jensen.rm.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/2630538/mary_and_luke_jensen.rm.html)

I guess you're right..
But i do remember Pierce/Pat cash playing at the 1996 French open mixed not wimbledon...