Jun 4th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I know :crying2:

Scotso
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Mary is pure class.

Je t'aime encore.

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
She pays a tribute to everybody included sponsors such as sony :)

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Mary is just the best.

It made me cry when Mary was as well.

I wish I could give her a big hug

Mark

I love Mary
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I'm so sad. :sad:

ashwu
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:49 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Chunchun
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
:crying2:

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I had so much pain to see Mary like that, she could'nt talk for few minutes. I'm so sad and so happy at the same time

Mark Spruce
Jun 4th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Saby,

I will mail you later. Feeling so much for Mary. I had so much pain as well and it was killing me. I hate to see Mary like that.

take care

Mark

player2
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:35 AM
It was an embarrassing performance. Very sad as it brought back memories of other matches where Mary's considerable talent was hidden by her inablity to avoid choking. After all of these years I hoped she had conquered these old demons.

Shonami Slam
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:46 AM
I'd be ashamed to win if my opponent would react like mary.
truly, i'd say "i'm sorry" and hug my opponent and cry as well.

Andy.
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:12 AM
It was really sad to watch. Mary is so classy and showed so much grace in defeat. I love and respect her as a person and player so much

lizzymarie
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Hi Mark.

I saw the whole match and the ceremony as well. So I think he's trying to comfort MARY from the very start especially when our Mary was speechless.. I laughed also when I saw that..

ashwu
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:58 AM
i saw that too :)

saby
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yes, Mark the president conforted Mary all the way, he gave her a big hug and talked to her at the same time during few minutes, Mary couln't talk she was crying.

MPStylee
Jun 5th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I was so sad she lost!!! But it has been so incredible the last two weeks, there are so many positives she can draw from it!!! She's such a legend!!! I can't believe it!!! Go Mary!!! We Love you so much!!! Can't wait to see her at the Australian Open!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Mpstylee : You can wait with Wimbledon !

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Saby,

I have so much respect for the President, I am so glad that he did show so much compassion to Mary, that was so kind and sweet of him.

Hear from you later.

take care

Mark

Yes, Mark the president conforted Mary all the way, he gave her a big hug and talked to her at the same time during few minutes, Mary couln't talk she was crying.

Mark Spruce
Jun 5th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Mary is a legand and the best Lady French tennis playing out there in my mind.

Mary I hope that you are feeling better today. Thought of you so much last night.

HUGS

Mark

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:31 PM
16 titles + 10 in dbles
best ranking n3 in singles & doubles
2 different gran slam events + 1 in doubles
Tier I such as Rome & finalist in Berlin
trophy from different surface : Grass, Carpet, Clay, Hard
2 fed cups!
victory over Navratilova, Graf, Capriati, Hingis, Seles, Novotna, Davenport, Schynder, Huber, Coetzer, Sanchez, Martinez, Appelmans, V & S Williams, Mauresmo, Date, Dechy, Dokic, Farina, MJ Fernandez, Garrisson, Golovin, Paulus, Rubin, Schultz, Sharapova, Spirlea, Sugiama, Tauziat, testud, and more!

http://www.eurosport.fr/imgbk/olpgam/all/md-i186182.jpg

OFFICIAL Pierce n13 ( 2002 pts) & n9 in Race (1291pts)
Doubles N76 (+9)

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I'm also very sad...:sad:

Maybe Mary just didn't feel like the way she was....I don't know...I guess it sure breaks her heart to lost a final match like that to Justine...:sad:

But still...a very good tournament for her...3 times a French Open finalist...at the age of 30!!!:bounce:

I'm so proud of Mary...she has always inspired me all these years...and she'll continue to inspire me for the coming years to come....:bounce:

WELL DONE MARY!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:31 PM
A true inspiration and great role model

Well Done

Mary

Edman
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:40 PM
hi, all
although mary's fianl performance was not good, she did have an excellent run in RG.
I really did not expect she can enter final....i was so happy and shocked!!
She has given her best in the previous 6 matches
and let's hope she can reach another Gland Slam final, and hope she can play well in the final too~

saby
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM
After all of these years I hoped she had conquered these old demons.

I'm not sure about that, it was not old demons, and i'm sure all the french who watched the match can understand what i mean.

It's not about a player who was scared about a GS final, it's more about a player which 4 years ago, the doctor said, I don't know if you are going to play again, you add to that huge personal and familial problems and I think you get the 2005 RG finalist.

I don't defend Mary but I think, she got through so many stuffs that, to get to GS final at Paris, at home, in the most important GS for a french player was too much. (and french journalist are not helping....I still can't believe they chased her !!!)
I believe, if she gets another GS final it would be different.

Tompier
Jun 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
You are great Mary, thanks for making me so proud :hug: