PDA

View Full Version : Mary has a surprise...

saby
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
According to the newspaper l'équipe, if Mary win on saturday she will have a surprise for "us".

Only Xavier Moreau knows about it !! Apparently Mary thinks about it for a long time, and, she will do it on saturday only if she win.

Todays article is better than yesterday, god I really feel that i'm in another world, So many persons are talking about Mary and are saying so amazing things, Yannick Noah, Amélie Mauresmo, Georges Goven, Davis Pierce, Matts Wilander, Julien Cassaigne (sparing patrners)... I can't believe it

whatever happens on saturday I'm so happy for Mary

David Pierce said, it's good for Mary to be injured, that ways she doesn't think about something elses.

pierce_fanatic
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
what does everyone think about this ? what could it be ?

i hope it's not that she's going to retire :awww:

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Oh my GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is making me even more nervous. What is Mary going to say when she wins (Positive vibes here). I hope it is not the "R" word !!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it will be a NICE suprise !!!!!!!!!

Yeah what everh appens tommorow. We shoudl be so proud of Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care

Mark

ali
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Oh God, that sounds a bit ominous :scared:

Any quotes from the article Saby?

saby
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
No Ali, the article says, if Mary wins, she will do a little surprise... she thinks about it since a long time. (I imagine Mary singing the french national anthem it woud be so cool)

I don't really know Ali, when I read the article it seems to me, "a good surprise"

pierce_fanatic
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks Saby ! That would be a great surprise and i'm glad to hear that it sounds like a good surprise :p

Andy.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
This is making things even more exciting. I have really good feelings about this match we just have to keep believing.

ali
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Phew :aparty:

Thanks Saby - you had me worried there for a second! Hopefully we'll get to see what the surprise is :)

So what were some of the people saying in the article? Its great that she's finally getting the recognition and support she deserves from the French media. I wonder if my local newsagents sell L'Equipe!!

rsunderji
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
does anyone know what the other players are saying about mary in l'equipe? Yeah, this really seriously is unbelievable, people are talking about her everywhere! Allez Pierce!

Scotso
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
She'll probably tell us about her plans to win Wimbledon in 2010.

saby
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM
they are saying Mary is great, wonderful human being, they describe Mary as (it's french I don't know if it can be translate in english) "A monster of work"
it's a huge compliment.

The way Mary is training, is amazing, she can work for so long and support the pain as well, she works hard each of her exercices is during 5 minutes and she knows when to stop she has a clock in her head, and she does it all the time.
That is why she takes 20 secondes on each serve during a match, she has her habits and nothing can disturb her, she knows what to do and when to do it.

The french staff was impressed during the fed cup training at the huez alpes, they said in some others articles, it's great to work with a woman like her.

A sparing partner said, I saw Mary against Serena earlier this year, after the match he ckecked the stats, and , he said Serena was lucky today, there were similar...

Mauresmo, she said she never give up, she started to work with Loic one years ago and she did a real good work, she always believe she could come back, if I could take something to Mary, it would be the way she's acting during important moment (her mind)..

there is too much stuffs to say about this article...

Today at lunch I heard everybody talks about Mary, i was like, i can't believe it, it seems to me that everybody stop working yesterday (well I did)!!!

rsunderji
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info Saby, I wonder who Mary will have in her box tomorrow. Brad Gilbert was saying on the ESPN feed that a little while before the FO, he got a call from Nick Boleteri, the coaching guru who Mary has been working with a little bit on the side. And Nick Boleteri told Brad that she is going to win another major this year! And look where we are now! Anyhow, I think he may fly down from Florida to watch her match.

:Rawwb:
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Mary, keep on surprising us :D

:Rawwb:
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Only Xavier Moreau knows about it !! Apparently Mary thinks about it for a long time, and, she will do it on saturday only if she win.

Those are such bad signs.....I mean to retire after winning a grand slam is something lots of players may think about, to finsih on a high. And she has been "thinking about it a long time" :scared:

ashwu
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
wow~ finally people realized how wonderful our mary is.

ashwu
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
i don't think she'll do that. she loves it so much

Ambrosia
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
what does everyone think about this ? what could it be ?

i hope it's not that she's going to retire :awww:

That's the only thing I can think of but Mary doesn't look ready to retire. If she (and Conchita and others) can compete at this level at age 30, Mary should continue to play. I'm surprised by Mary's run and won't too be disappointed if she loses but everything that's happened these past two weeks is positive. :)

saby
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
She won't r........., I wached every Mary's match and every interview and I can tell you Mary didn't talk about that, she was smiling all the time, happy to be here surprised of what she has done... she will not r.........

Mark Spruce
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Go on Mary win !!!!!!!!!

I want you to win so I can see the suprise jejeje

Honestly please win it for your self.

Have fun out there.

I am feel nervous already.

You gO BABE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

rsunderji
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
nice article on pierce and her bro...
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2005-06-03/200506031117815730852.html

mauresmofan
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
I'm so delighted for all you die hard Mary Pierce fans - I love her myself and was absolutely thrilled to see her play at her highest level this week. I hope she won't retire and tomorrows match should be brilliant - Maam has every chance especially if Juju serves like she did against Nadia. Hail Mary Full of Grace!

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 4th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Come on Mary...beat Justine so that we can now what the suprise is!!!:angel:

Go MARY!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:32 AM
maybe a strip tease like Llodra/Santoro in Australian Open ?????

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:01 AM
maybe a strip tease like Llodra/Santoro in Australian Open ?????

Or like Mauresmo in Rome... I don't think so